Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 17th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Best 3-player game set-up?

Getting together with a couple friends next week for some 3-way Heroscape, and am wondering what 3-player set-ups people think are the most fun to play? (for example, "kill the player to your left"...)

For material info: 6 MS, 2 of every common, every expansion hero set, 4 RTTFF, 2 VW.

Maybe looking for some new ideas to try out... any other "general scenarios/goals" good for 3-way?

thanks!

Snotwalker 8000

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old May 17th, 2006, 04:46 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
Don't know if this is helpful....and sometimes I find it difficult to build a fair map for 3 players (equal starting zones with similar symetry for 3 sides of the board), but....one goal oriented idea I like to use once in a while is to place a glyph of brandar in one of the hardest to reach places on the map, with mimring right next to it.

The goal is simple....whoever can take the glyph.....controls mimring untill either the game ends or someone else takes the glyph. Good fun.

And...as an after thought....another twist to that idea would be to take 4 glyphs of brandar and designate them to a specific dragon....ie glyph A would summon Braxas, glyph B would summon mimring..and so fourth.

Just ideas...hope its helpful
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:13 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Here is a three way map using 3MS and 1RTTFF +exp.

It is in the download section if want.

The Glyph in the middle is Brandar. Controlling player chooses which bonus he gets each round.

Another scenario I'm working on is allowing the Brandar holding player to d20 summon a hidden unique hero not in play once per game per player.
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:19 AM
has been BANNED

Jason is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
For fairness the easiest way is a Triangular shaped board and a kill your person on left/right scenario.

A "Royal Rumble" scenario could be fun. Each person could draft so many points worth and then every other turn or whatever each person could add a randomly determined unit/squad to the board until after a point nobody else could join until someone else was eliminated
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:11 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i did a 3 player map once. man, it was hard as hell to get it even, so one person didnt get ganged up on from the get go. I did it in the shape of a "Y" where each player begins on one of the legs. i'll try and make another one and take pics so you can get a better idea of what i mean. When is your game going on?
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
for the Hasbro scenarios, there are currently 10 3 player ones. but half of them only use 1 master set for the battlefield.

"Wellspring of Obsession" is a 2 master set map and there are 3 scenarios for 3 players with it. i like this map a lot (even though it has no roads or trees) and the Melee scenario is fun.
https://heroscape.glasq.com/online/h..._obsession.zip

"Fall of the Dumutef Bridge" is a 3 player scenario for the "Forgotten Forest" map that comes with the expansion.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; April 5th, 2022 at 11:20 PM.
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
usally, 3 player, the best senerio is 2 against 1, cuz someone always gets ganged up on. Unless you make a rule, that every other turn, you can only attack the person on your left, then right.

turn one (right side)
turn 2 (left side)
turn 3 (right side)
and so on.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:41 PM

KeeperOfPeace is surprisingly tart
Really, I generally don't build my maps fair. Not that I try to be unfair, I build my maps around a idea I have ex: bridge, road through a canyon, trench. After I develop the idea, my mind takes off and I just build the map. I then look at it and try to figure out the best place to set up the armies. I often play with 3 players, so I understand your concern. As long as you don't set up a bunch of walls and high terrain in front of anyone you should be alright.

Another idea you could try is letting each player design his own portion of the map. Say you buidl the basic structure, but then you allow each player to toss ideas at each other and construct whatever they want however they want. This is also a great amount of fun.

Keeper

Old May 18th, 2006, 02:00 PM

Marc has disabled reputation
My gaming group has been regularly playing heroscape together for about two years now, which means that we know how each other play very well. We are all also about the same level when it comes to strategy so we have found that the only way to really enjoy the three player game for us is to have a perfectly symmetrical battle field. We then play to the death and find that there is a really interesting dynamic that almost always happens. Alliances seem to shift as the game goes so that no one player becomes too powerful. We have not had a game lately were anyone had more than 2 figures left on the board in the last round.
Old May 18th, 2006, 03:51 PM

Marsman has disabled reputation
My group finds that if everybody is aggressive, then it can work out well. If this dosn't happen, then I would suggest implementing this:

First, impose a round limit. At the end of the game, whoever killed the most points worth of units wins. Each squad figure is worth a fraction of the points. A Marraden Hound is worth 30, two is worth 60, and all three is worth 90... ect. You would round up for squads that don't work out evenly, such as a marro warrior would be worth 13, because you round up from 50/4=12.5. For revivals such as water clone, that figure is replaced on the map and points deducted from the player who killed it.

This encourages aggresion so that two won't gang up on one to kill them off, because you could be left with 1 figure, but still kill the most points of enemies.

War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:08 PM

Runehardt has disabled reputation
Here is a picture of a castle I am working on. It works well for a three player game. One player defends the castle with a 600 point army and two players attack with 400 point armies. The game is over when an attacker occupies the top floor of the castle.

You can build a fortress on a hill or just a large hill and have someone with a bigger army try to defend it against two invading forces with smaller armies.

I also thought about creating a scenerio where you make a large map with a road winding down the center. One player with a larger army is trying to get from one end of the road to the other. The two players with the smaller armies attack from both sides, ambush style. Sort of a fight on the run scenerio.
Old May 25th, 2006, 08:00 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Its even harder to build an balanced three-way map when u only have 1 VW,1 RTTFF and 1 Tundra Set...i got moaned at by my dad because i had glaciers to 'HIDE' behind on one side and trees on the other! but i sort of did like the pic above and made a central focal point so thateveryone could meet in the middle.....but still i get moaned at, some people just aren't ever happy!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion