Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of King Kong - public playtesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Still not seeing any suggestions from you, LP.
I did suggest one, but you shot it down without telling me why. I need to know what's wrong with what I suggested and why it doesn't work, and what you're looking for. I just want to work together.
Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Kong Krazy
Don't Mess With Kong
Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:41 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Just so we're clear, I'd prefer to keep the current name but slightly tweak the mechanic so that he's always protecting someone. Kong carrying Ann is super iconic and I'd like to preserve that. But Kong "protecting" himself doesn't make any thematic sense.
Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:42 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like Ultimate Sacrifice because King Kong is now taking all the turns until he dies. It's the last thing he's doing in the game and he's sacrificing his life. Not sure why we had to go through all this when it hits theme perfectly for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:47 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Still doesn't really fit the theme of him being chosen. Feels just like Ultimate Sacrifice to me. A "protective" term just really doesn't sit well with me, if Kong himself is chosen. If you shoot Kong and he's enraged, it's not protective. It's Hulk-style anger. If you shoot Kong's friend and he's enraged, that's protective. So anything related to "protection" is a theme break for me with the mechanics of Kong being able to be chosen.
So ... if someone attacks you, you don’t protect yourself?

You’ll never make it on Skull Island!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:49 PM
...has moist legs

Not in game terms no. Every "protective" power we've made has the figures protecting another figure, or keying off of them. This is as far as I know the first power to break precedent and allow him to key off of himself.

I love Ultimate Sacrifice. I just think it should be "other" heroes, like I started this with. I suggested a few tweaks that would make it work with the old name.
Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:50 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

P.S. The word "protect" is nowhere in the power. It's a sacrificial power, not a protective one.

Quote:
Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:52 PM
...has moist legs

The word sacrifice implies putting yourself in harm's way on purpose. If someone aims a gun at my wife and I jump in front of the bullet, I sacrificed myself. If someone aims a gun at me, I just got shot.
Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:52 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Defensive Instinct? Figures defend themselves.

Territorial Instinct?

Fwiw it makes complete sense to me for someone to protect themselves or their territory.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
The word sacrifice implies putting yourself in harm's way on purpose. If someone aims a gun at my wife and I jump in front of the bullet, I sacrificed myself. If someone aims a gun at me, I just got shot.
Right. Kong is putting himself in harm's way by taking all the OMs.

Quote:
Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:54 PM

I agree that Sacrifice doesn’t fit the mechanics, though. He’s taking turns from other figures, not wounds.

Old April 22nd, 2020, 04:54 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Defensive Instinct? Figures defend themselves.
That's better. Still loses the iconic theme of him protecting Ann, but if Quozl insists that's not important then the name change is fine like I said.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library