Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old July 6th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroes of Fiction: Design Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
I really like how the gunpowder plays into his kit. Potentially dangerous or a saving grace. Here are my thoughts on his first ability.

Spoiler Alert!
I see your confusion with this, but the Gunpowder isn't exploding on roll failure, Garin and the rest of his Mercenary bros are running away from the battle with the precious cargo.

The whole point of whiteman in China is to trade for gunpowder; if trading isn't an option, steal the gunpowder.
Turns out there is a war going on. the other mercenaries want to hightail. Garin is torn. but plays hero.

GET THE GUNPOWDER
Has him search for Gunpowder. If he finds its and rolls low, he acts low and runs away like Mercenaries do. Not just that, but he takes his friends with him. (They presumably work best in a pod) (Losing multiple figures justifies lower than curve Points cost)

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 6th, 2017, 09:42 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
Quote:
I really like how the gunpowder plays into his kit. Potentially dangerous or a saving grace. Here are my thoughts on his first ability.

Spoiler Alert!
I see your confusion with this, but the Gunpowder isn't exploding on roll failure, Garin and the rest of his Mercenary bros are running away from the battle with the precious cargo.

The whole point of whiteman in China is to trade for gunpowder; if trading isn't an option, steal the gunpowder.
Turns out there is a war going on. the other mercenaries want to hightail. Garin is torn. but plays hero.

GET THE GUNPOWDER
Has him search for Gunpowder. If he finds its and rolls low, he acts low and runs away like Mercenaries do. Not just that, but he takes his friends with him. (They presumably work best in a pod) (Losing multiple figures justifies lower than curve Points cost)
Ah, yeah it made me think of when the gunpowder went off and blew everyone up. I see your reasoning now and more clearly see how that plays out. The only question I still have is should there be a limit on how many gunpowder markers are on him?
Old July 6th, 2017, 10:34 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Also, should there be a maximum amount of gunpowder markers he can have?
I didn't see this question at first, so I'll answer below.
Quote:
Ah, yeah it made me think of when the gunpowder went off and blew everyone up. I see your reasoning now and more clearly see how that plays out. The only question I still have is should there be a limit on how many gunpowder markers are on him?
I thought about him stacking up the gunpowders. He did shoot more than one. (but won't in the HS same turn) And it would save cardspace not including the restriction.
but it should probably go to consensus/lead decision to split the hairs.

GET THE GUNPOWDER (U)
Before and after taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a gunpowder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a gunpowder marker on this card.

GET THE GUNPOWDER (L)
Before and after taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a gunpowder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a gunpowder marker on this card to a maximum of 3 gunpowder markers on this card.

GET THE GUNPOWDER (A)
After taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a gunpowder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a gunpowder marker on this card to a maximum of 3 gunpowder markers on this card.

GET THE GUNPOWDER (C)
After taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a gunpowder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a gunpowder marker on this card to a maximum of 3 gunpowder markers on this card, and then you must roll for Get The Gunpowder an additional time.

GET THE GUNPOWDER (M)
Before taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a gunpowder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a maximum of 2 gunpowder markers on this card and then you must roll for Get The Gunpowder an additional time.

GET THE GUNPOWDER (W)
Before taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has any gunpowder markers on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a 1 or 2 to a maximum of 2 gunpowder markers on this card and then you must roll for Get The Gunpowder an additional time.

Edit: Just realized I've been calling him Garin; what's his callsign in the movie?

Old July 7th, 2017, 11:01 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I kind of like the first one. Definitely brings out the risk of drafting him. If you roll a 17 at the end of his turn and gain a gunpowder marker and then the beginning of his next turn roll a 4 well your down a unit.
Old July 8th, 2017, 08:52 AM

I'm favoring version W
JC_McMinis version U

Any other thoughts?

Old July 13th, 2017, 02:12 PM

Barry allen is surprisingly tart

Quote:
I'm favoring version W
JC_McMinis version U

Any other thoughts?
I'm favoring U as well. Sorry for my absence guys.I guess my posts aren't posting. I know I clicked the submit reply button. I have been play-testing confred's design with Get the Gunpowder(it should be Black Powder) "U" and I haven't had this much fun with a character in a long time. The only issue I see is that he doesn't do good by him self and needs the support of other figures to increase his DPS. I'm thinking that his normal attack should be increased from 1 to 2. I tried that way and he actually was able to hold his own. He sniped agent carr in two rounds but he still had to unleash everything and just made it.

I'm also going to make a write up that includes some insane synergy with elevations. He did good on high walls in my playtest but he was quickly destroyed by Sgt. Drake(v2) once he made it up the wall. I post tomorrow.
Old July 13th, 2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry allen View Post
Quote:
I'm favoring version W
JC_McMinis version U

Any other thoughts?
I'm favoring U as well. Sorry for my absence guys.I guess my posts aren't posting. I know I clicked the submit reply button. I have been play-testing confred's design with Get the Gunpowder(it should be Black Powder) "U" and I haven't had this much fun with a character in a long time. The only issue I see is that he doesn't do good by him self and needs the support of other figures to increase his DPS. I'm thinking that his normal attack should be increased from 1 to 2. I tried that way and he actually was able to hold his own. He sniped agent carr in two rounds but he still had to unleash everything and just made it.

I'm also going to make a write up that includes some insane synergy with elevations. He did good on high walls in my playtest but he was quickly destroyed by Sgt. Drake(v2) once he made it up the wall. I post tomorrow.
Excellent. How insane was he shooting from the Wall before Alexander got up?

Old July 13th, 2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I'm favoring U as well.
GET THE BLACK POWDER (U1)
Before and after taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a black powder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a black powder marker on this card.
No real changes made

GET THE BLACK POWDER (U2)
Before taking a turn with William Garin, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 4 or lower and Garin has a black powder marker on his Army Card, remove him and all Mercenary figures you control that are adjacent to him from the battlefield. If you roll a 17 or higher, place a black powder marker on this card and roll for Get The Black Powder an additional time.
Consolidates roll phases, but reduces the amount of rolls.

Old July 13th, 2017, 07:03 PM

Barry allen is surprisingly tart

Quote:
He was insane against most squad characters. The armoc vipers dropped like flies.
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
He was insane against most squad characters. The armoc vipers dropped like flies.
Sweet. Shall we keep him at Attack 1? (Attack +1 would add approx. 80 pts to cost.)

As for Get The Black Power, version U1 or U2?

Old July 17th, 2017, 02:02 PM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Two
Old July 17th, 2017, 06:47 PM

Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby! Zetsubo rolls all skulls baby!

I'm not much of a fan of the rolling an additional time but U2 seems to be the better version

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum