Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 28th, 2015, 01:23 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 11/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Update 11/9

Here's a fresh map I've had on the table for some time. I decided to make a fully asymmetrical map. The goal was to make natural looking map without simply mirroring components for balance. I tried to make things even, but not achieved in the same manner. In the end, we've had a lot of fun playing on this and it's been real nice to look at on the table.

Map: Grutsbane Pass
Date Uploaded: 11/9/24
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 BftU, 1 RttFF
I played a 4-player game (team game) on this map and loved it. I had the wrong armies for holding the glyphs, which was costly (I lost), but I had fun all the same. It just looks so great, and the asymmetry is so charming. Very well done. I hope you have some more asymmetrical maps to bring us soon.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.
--
Come join the Heroes of Middle Earth in creating Lord of the Rings Customs!
--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 28th, 2015, 11:18 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 11/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I played a 4-player game (team game) on this map and loved it. I had the wrong armies for holding the glyphs, which was costly (I lost), but I had fun all the same. It just looks so great, and the asymmetry is so charming. Very well done. I hope you have some more asymmetrical maps to bring us soon.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked the map. I'm definitely working towards some more asymmetrical maps as I too love the look of them. Hopefully I'll get more posted soon.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 7th, 2016, 10:11 PM

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Dignan's Maps - New Map 9/7

Update 9/7

Well, it's been a long time, but the map making contest got me to dust off my virtualscape program. I really liked the theme for a ruined landscape, so here is my take.

Map: Stalwart
Date Uploaded: 9/7/2016
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 RttFF, 1 FotA

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 8th, 2016, 11:48 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nukatha wears ripped pants of awesomeness

At first glance, I like it. Psuedo-symetrical, nice set of connected roads. Units that like water, especially connected water, won't like it much, but it certainly looks like a fair fight from here.

Nukatha is Acolarh...
in THE BLUEST OF ALL BLUE CAVES
Old September 9th, 2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukatha View Post
At first glance, I like it. Psuedo-symetrical, nice set of connected roads. Units that like water, especially connected water, won't like it much, but it certainly looks like a fair fight from here.
Thanks, man. I'm a big fan of "near symmetry". It keeps the map even while allowing it to look more natural. Pure symmetrical maps tend to break the fourth wall a little bit when playing on them (though I have designed more than my fair share).

In the games we've played, the map has been fun. Hopefully it works for others as well.

Old September 10th, 2016, 12:42 AM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

I recently played a couple 600 pt. Arena games on the grutsbane pass map. I liked it a lot. It was a good balance between low $ cost / visual appeal / complexity of movement. I pretty much only play on assymetrical maps nowadays. I need the suspension of disbelief while still providing a somewhat fair map for the random pick up game. It worked a charm by having the Planeswalkers starting positions be on the farthest opposing corners of the map.

I want to make a couple slight tweaks to it for use in Arena, but this is great as is. Recommended.
Old September 10th, 2016, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
I recently played a couple 600 pt. Arena games on the grutsbane pass map. I liked it a lot. It was a good balance between low $ cost / visual appeal / complexity of movement. I pretty much only play on assymetrical maps nowadays. I need the suspension of disbelief while still providing a somewhat fair map for the random pick up game. It worked a charm by having the Planeswalkers starting positions be on the farthest opposing corners of the map.

I want to make a couple slight tweaks to it for use in Arena, but this is great as is. Recommended.
Thanks, glad you like it. That's cool that you used it for Arena. I'm glad to hear that it works for that system as well.

Old September 15th, 2016, 03:57 PM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

you should make a maze map, using battlements and ruins. one that gives melee troops an edge
Old September 15th, 2016, 07:42 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeekthefreak View Post
you should make a maze map, using battlements and ruins. one that gives melee troops an edge
He has: Cage Match - although that map is not so bad for range. Trident also fits that category - I've never played that one.

Other maps along those lines that immediately spring to mind:

Desperado by Typhon
Remains of Clionesia by tannergx - definitely one of my 3 or 4 favorite maps. Read my review of it here.
Old September 16th, 2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Cool idea, man. I'll keep that in mind when I'm making my next map.

Old September 17th, 2016, 10:52 AM

zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker zeekthefreak knows what's in an order marker

yah i like the idea of leaving the enemies ranged figures at a disadvantage. i would say desperado was the closest to what i had in mind. I have played cage match and it was pretty hard to stay out of range of the melee troops.
Old September 17th, 2016, 12:24 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
He has: Cage Match - although that map is not so bad for range. Trident also fits that category - I've never played that one.

Other maps along those lines that immediately spring to mind:

Desperado by Typhon
Remains of Clionesia by tannergx - definitely one of my 3 or 4 favorite maps. Read my review of it here.

These are great maps (
Cage Match, Trident, Desperado! I tried my hand at a maze a while back . . .

The Maze

The Maze Redux!

The Green Maze!

Labyrinth

It's too bad there is no way to cap Pillars with Stones (or other things) in Virtualscape . . .

The Lost City of Dragoncourt!

Next Generation

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios