Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old February 27th, 2013, 09:33 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Shaolin Monks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

In Delta+, they're 65 points.
Soon to change though, soon to change. I'm eagerly awaiting the C3V's monk heroes and I almost was going to try to trade my monks when I heard the news. Being in the Gang of Four you may even have the scoop on their powers already though!

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:33 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post

Soon to change though, soon to change. I'm eagerly awaiting the C3V's monk heroes and I almost was going to try to trade my monks when I heard the news. Being in the Gang of Four you may even have the scoop on their powers already though!
Going to balance some cheese with these guys at Islandscape this year! What ever did happen to those Monk heroes?

Last edited by kolakoski; June 12th, 2017 at 08:53 PM.
Old June 12th, 2017, 08:35 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Still in process, stay tuned...
Old June 13th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

ollie, ollie, oxen, free...

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old June 13th, 2017, 01:56 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Step 1. Sounds like the bit just before the chorus in Play With Me by Extreme that I've never known what they're on about.

Step 2. It is.

Step 3. The internet says it's something to do with playing hide and seek.

It's been an educational few minutes, thanks Tornado.
Old June 13th, 2017, 05:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

My pleasure.

Honestly, I thought you may educate me on that one.
I guess it is not common across the pond.
Old June 14th, 2017, 12:23 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post

Going to balance some cheese with these guys at Islandscape this year!

[Not that anyone cares, but] I changed my mind, and am going with KoW instead.

Old June 19th, 2017, 02:30 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

It may be obvious, but these guys can shine in split start zone maps or Heat of Battle formats.

I've seen them dominate in both.

But otherwise Shaolin Assault is just too easy to plan for and takes too long to get into position.

You can have some success if you're playing an opponent with a lot of melee figures and not very many ranged figures, but otherwise you're better off with Phantom Knights anyway.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 01:04 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These guys saw a game tonight for the first time in awhile. Oh man did they get blown away by the dreadguls and guilty I was fielding.

One question, are they affected by snow when stealth leaping?
Old June 26th, 2017, 04:27 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post
These guys saw a game tonight for the first time in awhile. Oh man did they get blown away by the dreadguls and guilty I was fielding.

I assume you are asking if the heavy snow movement reduction affects Stealth Leap, and the answer would be no, because it's not a normal movement, and it ignores terrain just like flying. Just as You can stealth leap over lava without suiciding into it, snow has no effect.
Old June 26th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoserver View Post

I assume you are asking if the heavy snow movement reduction affects Stealth Leap, and the answer would be no, because it's not a normal movement, and it ignores terrain just like flying. Just as You can stealth leap over lava without suiciding into it, snow has no effect.
Correct, except for landing. From the rule book:

Quote:
Landing on Heavy Snow: A single-space figure that lands on Heavy Snow (from flying, leaping, falling, dropping, etc.) must count the landing as 2 spaces. Double-space figures also only count the landing as 2 spaces, whether the landing is on one Heavy Snow space or two.
Same goes for Slippery Ice.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old May 1st, 2018, 06:47 PM

King_Buyer costs too much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by manger
In an intense game last night a very interesting question came up that is not yet addressed concerning the monks: perhaps the answer is so obvious that nobody thought to ask it before... On the card it states you may move "all or any monks"... does this imply that if I had drafted 33 monks that I could stealth leap with all 33 of them?!?!

Final monk question: SUppose the answer to question above is no (i wouldnt be upset if this were the case) can I stealth leap with one monk (move of 3) and move a second monk with a regular move of 6 as long as I follow normal moving rules?

Thanks for your help your help scrapers! peace
First question is no. The key phrase is "instead of thier normal move". Only 3 monks get a normal move per turn so, any or all of the 3 can leap.

Second question is yes, you may stealth leap with one and nomal move another.
This response is wrong on both points! Clearly the game designers screwed up. "Instead of their normal move" which is three figs walking, "any or all may stealth leap" so you as player choose NORMAL MOVE or INSTEAD stealth leap - not some stealth leap and some normal move (yes, that part sucks) but the "any or all" applies to ALL common figs... when you take a turn with a squad of Zombies, do you not use multiple squads of common figs? YES! In a 500pt game, all 6 squads of Monks may leap (yes, that's 18 figs) or NORMAL MOVE (3 figs 6 spaces each).

The Dzu-Teh Glacier Traverse works the same way as the Monks' Stealth Leap... "instead of moving normally" and "any or all" are my closing arguments your honor. That said, anyone can make up their own house rules to fix any design flaws such as these... do whatever makes you a happyscaper!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units