Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old June 20th, 2012, 09:46 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Book of Skull Demon

The Book of Skull Demon

C3V Wave 2 - Age of Chaos - Army of Darkness

OTHER VERSIONS OF THE CARD
Spoiler Alert!

PDF Download
(PDF includes all four versions)

The figures used for this unit are Confrontation figures from the Rams set. They are available from the Ram Army Box (4 figures), Abysmal Skull Unit Box (1 figure), or Necromancer Skull Unit Box (1 figure). The names of the figures are Abysmal Skull, Necromancer Skull, Toxic Skull, and Undying Skull.

Frightening Presence
Common figures attacking this Skull Demon with a normal attack subtract 1 from their attack dice.

Valkrill Attack Aura 1
All friendly figures adjacent to this Skull Demon with a range of 1 who follow Valkrill add 1 die to their normal attack.

-Rulings and Clarifications-

- TBD

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received

MORGOLOTH : DEMON LEADERSHIP
As a Demon, a Skull Demon gains one additional move if you also control Morgoloth.

DEATH KNIGHTS OF VALKRILL : RELENTLESS HEROES : UNHOLY BONDING : As a Large hero with "Relentless" personality, Skull Demon may benefit from the Death Knights of Valkrill's UNHOLY BONDING activation synergy.

- KHOSUMET THE DARKLORD : Relentless Assault
Having a relentless personality, Skull Demon may benefit from Khosumet the Darklord’s RELENTLESS ASSAULT attack bonus.

Synergy Benefits Offered

KNIGHTS OF BLACKGAARD : RELENTLESS ARMY ATTACK BONUS
As Relentless figures, Skull Demons can be included in an army with Knights of Blackgaard without negating their Attack Bonus.

Valkrill Attack Aura 1: Figures who follow Valkrill with a range of 1_________________________________________________________________

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking and Master Index

Skull Demon Sculpt Poll

Obnoxiously hard to kill for common squads. Effective either as a standalone hero or as a booster for the Death Knights, who can really use the extra attack. B+.

Unit Strategy Review
- TBD

Last edited by Sherman Davies; April 9th, 2023 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added Corvor link
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Skull Demon

Both Books? Did you ask D_S first?

"Skull Demon" needs to be capitalized in the second power, "friendly" and "figures" need to be un-capitalized, and they are Large, not Medium.
Quote:
As a Medium hero with "Relentless" personality,
Also, they need to be on the list of figures that benefit from VAA1.

Now I need to get 4 of these guys next to a Death Knight at the same time for some major attack power... It's a shame that they don't boost Mezzos at all. In fact, they're exactly what a Mezzo army doesn't need-a melee figure that gets a bonus against Commons. They may be exactly what a Death Knight army needs, however...

I could see them doing well in a team game where you have DKs and Skull Demons and your teammate has a Thrall or Chaser army, so that they get the attack bonus too...

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; June 20th, 2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:04 AM

Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Anitar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You neglected to list Skull Demons as recipients of their aura.

Which could be pretty awesome, seeing as they already have 4 attack and any player would have 4 of them...
Old June 20th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

The simple DK/SD army would be

DK x4
SD x4

500, 12

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old June 20th, 2012, 11:13 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I like the mix of personalities and boosts and everything with these guys.

The Death Knights can bond with them and Khosumet. Khosumet and these guys boost the Death Knights, and Khosumet boosts these guys. It's like one big circle of life. Er.. death, circle of death.

Death Knights are extremely boostable, and bond with everything that can boost them. An army with Khosumet, Taelord, and a few Skull Demons could be nasty.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 20th, 2012, 01:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Maybe it would be a good idea to just show 1 card, to get rid of that block of images, and explain that there are 4 cards, which can all be found in the PDF?
Old June 20th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I agree with Superfrog^

The potential for DK double boosting is huge. They can get multiple SDs, Taelord, Khosumet, and Khosumet can boost the Incendiborgs too!

The different yet same sculpt idea was ingenious. Confrontation minis rock.
Old June 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Done

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Done
You picked my favorite sculpt. Well done.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

In the power text, it should say Frightening Presence, not Frighting Presence
(but maybe that is what it should be called )

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old June 20th, 2012, 02:43 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
In the power text, it should say Frightening Presence, not Frighting Presence
(but maybe that is what it should be called )
Yes you are right, thanks Sir G. I'm planning on going through the C3V books this weekend and fixing errors, adding omitted stuff...ect. It is something I dio not want to do from work

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:33 AM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
The Death Knights can bond with them and Khosumet. Khosumet and these guys boost the Death Knights, and Khosumet boosts these guys. It's like one big circle of life. Er.. death, circle of death.

Death Knights are extremely boostable, and bond with everything that can boost them. An army with Khosumet, Taelord, and a few Skull Demons could be nasty.
Death Knights are Tormented, not Relentless. They don' get no boost from Khosumet.

Death Knights are one of my favorite units, so it's nice to see them get a boost from these guys. I love the anti-meta feel of Frightening Presence. Deathreavers can't do nothing to them!

Edit//

Played 3x Skull Demons, 5x Death Knights (495 points) today against Capuans with Priscus. These guys really take the Death Knights to a new level. By positioning the Skull Demons to take the brunt of the common attacks, I was able to win with only 2 Death Knights dead and 1 wound on a Skull Demon. I was also able to get a few attacks in with Death Knights between 2 Skull Demons, which was absolutely brutal.

The Death Knights are much closer to a bread and butter unit now. Having an attack bonus from 3 formidable figures is much better than an attack bonus from one frail devil who costs too much. I'm really happy the team decided to help out one of my favorite units.

Now we just need some Dund love!

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.

Last edited by Sir Dendrik; June 23rd, 2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: More!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs