Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:10 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: What got you into Heroscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipmaster View Post
i got in 2 scape from the tv ad back when there was only rotv
Please, read the threads linked in my sig.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:41 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
When did you get in 2 English? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Quote:
You wrote that wrong, Rev, it should have been:
whn dd u get n 2 englush.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 01:51 PM

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You wrote that wrong, Rev, it should have been:
whn dd u get n 2 englush.
sry
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:07 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
New motto:
HeroScape, the game for smokin' drunks of all ages!
here's mine...ahem:HeroinScape, "I learned it by watching you dad!" (You know, that anti drug commercial from the 80's)
And no, I do not promote drug use! Unless Heroscape is a drug...which it may be.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

For the chicks of course. What do you mean there aren't any chicks?!

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My entry into HS was practically a perfect storm of converging interests and likes / dislikes.

1) I had played a lot of computer strategy games up until that point. C&C: Red Alert 2, Age of Mythology, and Heroes of Might and Magic III were big ones for me. One noticeable thing about all of those is their "toy box on the floor" mentality-- RA2 has a fantastically over-the-top aesthetic, and AoM and HoMM splashed differing mythologies all together to create fantastic, goofy battles between all kinds of critters.

2) I was also a big fan of light strategy board games. Risk, and Risk 2210, were favorites. I stress the light aspect of that strategy game fandom-- I never got into Axis and Allies, as I wasn't crazy about a game that took 45 minutes to play a single turn. I also played HeroQuest back in the day, and the fact that I didn't own it just added to its mystique. I didn't immediately identify 'Scape with 'Quest, but those dice pinged off a whole series of memories.

3) I had played a couple games of MageKnight and HeroClix, and although I thought the idea was very cool, I just couldn't bring myself to get into the whole blind purchase thing. What I did play, almost religiously, was Star Wars: Epic Duels. My friends and I played this game at least once a week (usually more), every week, for over a year of college. We eventually got the Transformers game and added them together, and then we started making our own custom units. We actually made a pretty good expansion we called Batman: Epic Duels that contained as many units as the original, and we spent a lot of time on making sure all the new units were as balanced as possible. Which brings me to...

4) When I first saw the HerosScape commercials, I was sucked in more by the figures than anything else. The terrain looked pretty sweet, but at that point I was engaged in making a lot of Epic Duels customs, and I was running a little short on figures that I could use for them. When I saw all the agents and robots and whatnot, I thought "That game looks sweet, and even if it isn't awesome all on its own, I might buy it just for the figures, and come up with my own rules."

I then went to Wal-Mart, where the $40 price tag put me off a little bit. Every time I saw the box, I'd pull it off the shelf, ogle it for a few minutes, then grind my teeth and put it back. I wanted it, but I wasn't sure it would live up to its cost. A month or so later, my girlfriend of 8 months bought it for my birthday, even though it wasn't on my list. Very perceptive of her.

Incidentally, I've now spent somewhere around $300 on HeroScape, and the girlfriend and I are into our third year together. Lesson learned? The nerdy ones are keepers.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
The nerdy ones are keepers.
I've found that to be true for 37 years in a row and with the same lovely lady.
With a couple of very nice, but bored looking, grandchildren...
Old April 22nd, 2008, 02:49 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
My, God, man! They look bored over cake! CAKE!! Are you sure they aren't afflicted with mope-iosis, the blahs, or even the dreaded Kids Who Don't Like Cake Syndrome?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old April 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know why they look bored...that game looks cool!!!! How do you play it?
Old April 22nd, 2008, 03:20 PM

They look bored because the game is "Can you light a candle before you get burned?" and it is in the early rounds. <grin>
Old April 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
They look bored because the game is "Can you light a candle before you get burned?" and it is in the early rounds. <grin>
You gotta bring that game to GenCon!!!!!

I am so happy now I didn't listen to my mother when she told me not to play with matches.

Diclaimer: This was a joke kids you should not play with matches or run with scissors or accept candy or rides from strangers. Stay in School. Do Hugs Not Drugs

(Did I get them all?)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion