Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old November 20th, 2019, 07:36 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Aquaman, Black Manta and Lobster Joh

Taking A3n up on his offer "to chuck all your requests", it's time for the updated Hawkgirl card. On this one, I'm much happier with the new design that turns her Soaring Charge into a Special Attack. This eliminates the wonky counting of spaces and the ability to continually add dice with height, glyphs, and other special powers. It's also much easy to follow the wording.

The idea is that Hawkgirl is more effective when she is charging against other fliers who she may catch by surprise. As the user, you can leave engagements from non-fliers and take your shot against an enemy flier. Then, after locking up the engagement, she's kind of tied down in a battle that she may get overmatched in by a stronger figure. As the opponent, do you hunt her down and engage her with one of your fliers before she gets in cheap shots bouncing around non-fliers? Or before she can choose your flier that she wants to hit hard with her SA? A little strategy from both sides comes in to play with the end game being Hawkgirl tied down with an enemy flier.

Also, now Green Lantern can emulate her with a big green mace. And that makes me happy.

So with the limitations of a Special Attack, her points came down a bit. Especially since she is easy to lock down with a stronger opponent.

-------------------------------------------------

SOARING UPPERCUT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 6.
Hawkgirl can only use her Soaring Uppercut Special Attack if she was not engaged with the targeted figure at the start of her turn. Figures with the Flying or Stealth Flying special power roll 1 less defense die when defending against Hawkgirl’s Soaring Uppercut Special Attack.

ANTI-GRAVITY DISENGAGEMENT
Hawkgirl never takes leaving engagement attacks from figures that do not have the Flying or Stealth Flying special power.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Hawkgirl's movement, ignore elevations. Hawkgirl may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Hawkgirl starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SUPER-STRENGTH
Old November 21st, 2019, 04:30 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Update has been made but you will have to delete the current version before I can upload the new one.
Old November 21st, 2019, 08:50 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Old Hawkgirl card has been deleted from the gallery.

Thanks.
Old November 21st, 2019, 04:39 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Old November 23rd, 2019, 10:28 PM
Captain Underpants

Well it looks like I screwed up my math and the HelmAverse is not currently at 99 Super cards. I recounted and wouldn't you know there are only 98. Therefore, we have to make things right in the HelmAverse and introduce a new card.

This guy has gone through so many different versions in my mind, on paper, in play-testing, and he just never quite felt like Cyclops. The problem seemed to be (similar to Green Goblin) just a bad case of over complicating things. Simplification was the prescription and now we are very happy with good ol' Scott Summers whether he plays with Jean Grey (who can move an OM after he gets the bonus for it on a Mutant Card) or not. The HelmAverse summons the 99th Super Card.....

---------------------------------------

MARVEL

CYCLOPS

MUTANT
UNIQUE HERO
LEADER
STOIC
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 5
MOVE: 5
RANGE: 5
ATTACK: 4
DEFENSE: 5

MUTANT INITIATIVE
If at least one Order Marker is placed on this card, you may add 1 to your initiative roll for each Order Marker placed on any Mutant Army Cards you control, up to a maximum of +3 for Mutant Initiative.

FOCUSED BEAM
If Cyclops does not move this turn, you may either add 2 to his range or 2 to his attack dice.

-----------------------------------
Simple is as simple does

Last edited by Matt Helm; November 24th, 2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old November 24th, 2019, 12:03 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sometimes simple is the best approach. Really like the options in FocusedBeam

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 24th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yeah, Focused Beam is really cool implementation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 24th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Elegance oozes flavor.
Old November 24th, 2019, 09:41 PM

Why 5 life? That doesn't seem inkeeping with the standards of the Helmaverse?
Old November 24th, 2019, 10:36 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Why 5 life? That doesn't seem inkeeping with the standards of the Helmaverse?
Wow, yet another artistic masterpiece. You know, I originally thought that his uniform was like a midnight blue but obviously from your color mapping it came out as black. Now I'm looking at the piece and I think you may have been correct. Geesh, the tricks your eyes can play.

As far as the 5 life, for me it is all about the playability of the figure with a balance between defense and life. I would like to say that I don't have a set rule on standards buuuuttttt, it seems that I do. Typically humans start at a 4 life and then I go from there based on the theme/mechanics balance with the character. Mutants pretty much start at 5 in my book as they seem to face more powerful villains than the Daredevil/Batman/Green Arrow types, and therefore need a bit more umpf to their survivability. Yes Cyclops has 5 on both his defense and life which is pretty darn solid. He has some decent staying power that makes him worth his points for sure. As a non-flyer with a single attack, he kind of needs it.

I'm sure he'll find some time on the battlefield this upcoming holiday weekend so if anything seems broken, I'll always be honest about the need to amend.

Thanks for the quick and oh so pretty card.
Old November 25th, 2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
You know, I originally thought that his uniform was like a midnight blue but obviously from your color mapping it came out as black. Now I'm looking at the piece and I think you may have been correct. Geesh, the tricks your eyes can play.
I don't believe I have that figure at all (I think my cyclops is in the yellow & blue suit) so I couldn't tell you what it should be in real life. I only got the colour from that picture. I will say that it's not completely black but it's that close you wouldn't call anything but black.
Old November 25th, 2019, 11:18 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
You know, I originally thought that his uniform was like a midnight blue but obviously from your color mapping it came out as black. Now I'm looking at the piece and I think you may have been correct. Geesh, the tricks your eyes can play.
I don't believe I have that figure at all (I think my cyclops is in the yellow & blue suit) so I couldn't tell you what it should be in real life. I only got the colour from that picture. I will say that it's not completely black but it's that close you wouldn't call anything but black.
Definitely black, that's the mini I use.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations