Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 1st, 2010, 08:01 PM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroes of 'Scape (RPG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therion View Post
Error list:

Anything marked with an * is a suggested revision for clarity.

Spoiler Alert!
Comments in Red.

*Phew* Making me work Therion Thanks a lot for that man. You're helping me a lot, and even parts I wouldn't have thought needed work when they were issues of clarity.

Last edited by Kaiyu; November 1st, 2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old November 1st, 2010, 08:51 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For Pounce, maybe you could make the penalty for not instantly destroying the figure be something like this: If you do not destroy the target figure, place this figure adjacent to the target, and place X wound marker(s) on this card.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 1st, 2010, 08:52 PM

Therion knows what's in an order marker Therion knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiyu0707 View Post
Quote:
Error list:

Anything marked with an * is a suggested revision for clarity.

Spoiler Alert!
Comments in Red.

*Phew* Making me work Therion Thanks a lot for that man. You're helping me a lot, and even parts I wouldn't have thought needed work when they were issues of clarity.
Not a problem. There's not much in the game guide, but here's what I found:
Spoiler Alert!

EDIT: In your second-to-last post, you credited me with those quotes; I, however, am not so awesome as to take credit for those ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorthan313
For Pounce, maybe you could make the penalty for not instantly destroying the figure be something like this: If you do not destroy the target figure, place this figure adjacent to the target, and place X wound marker(s) on this card.
Pounce Special Attack [1, 2, 4]
Range [3, 4,4]. Attack [5, 5, 6]
Choose a non-adjacent small or medium figure in range whose base is not higher or lower than 5 levels from the base of this figure. If the figure is destroyed by Pounce Special Attack, immediately place this figure on the space the defending figure occupied. If the figure is not destroyed, place one wound marker on this card. The player who controls the defending figure must then place this figure on any empty space adjacent to the defending figure.

How's that look?

Also, with Animate Dead, I meant for my version to be able to be used individually. So you when you roll for Animate Dead 3, on an 8+, you get a Zombie. On a 13+, you get a Zombie or a Shade. On a 16+, you get a Zombie, Shade or Phantom Knight.

With the power as is, it becomes less useful with the higher-costed versions. I'd rather have Zombies on an 8+ than PKs on a 16+. One, I get 65% of the time. The other? 35%. Not so hot.

Patience Drain
After loading and before posting, roll the twenty-sided die.
On a 1, Therion makes a long and/or irritating post.
On a 2-15, Therion may not post this turn.
On a 16+, post normally.

Last edited by Therion; November 1st, 2010 at 11:29 PM. Reason: More ideas.
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:12 PM

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

Here are some of the controversial special powers that were brought up in Therion's error report

Quote:
Arrow Grut Command [1, 2, 3]
Start the game with [3, 6, 9] Arrow Gruts under your control
Without proper bonding is this power really worth it? Both Blade Gruts and Arrow Gruts cost 40 points. Blade Grut Command costs 2 skill points each while Arrow Gruts only cost 1 each. Do you still think the low cost justifies it? What are your thoughts? Would you buy the Arrow Gruts at this cost?

Quote:
Animate Dead [1, 2, 3]
Affects Undead...
A single Zombie doesn't scare anyone. And the Shades of Bleakwoode aren't that useful. The Phantom Knights are tough though. After anything dies within 8 clear sight spaces, including your summoned Undead, there's an 65% chance to for it to turn into a Zombie, 40% to become a Shade of Bleakwoode, and 25% chance to become a Phantom Knight. "Does not affect Undead" clause may be necessary. Has anyone given this power a try?

Quote:
Bound, Agile Attack, Strafe, etc..
The Silver Surfer with his Hyper Speed 5 is really powerful, but Silver Surfer also has Stealth Flying. If these figures have any form of disengage they usually have to pay for it, and except for the Orc Archer, they are just melee. A friend of mine had a Dwarf Rogue with Agile Attack, but he never even used it. He usually moved where he wanted to be in the first movement, so he didn't need to move anymore after attacking. Anyone give this power a try yet?

Quote:
Range [3, 4, 4]. Attack [5, 5, 6]
... if this attack fails, this figure is destroyed.
Like gorthan suggested, have it inflict a wound instead of destroy, but the mechanics for placing your Hero after failure is difficult to work with. I'll give that a shot. Would you buy Pounce Special Attack if it only inflicts 1 or 2 wounds? Would that be overpowered?

Quote:
Vengeful Hunt 2:
If this figure is attacked by an opponent’s figure with a normal or special attack, you may add 1 die to this figure’s Attack when attacking that figure with a normal attack. This figure may not use Vengeful Hunt if it attacks any other figure.
It used to be if you take a wound that Vengeful Hunt would activate instead of just getting attacked. I think that's what I meant in the first place, but does this fix it you think? Would you purchase this skill?
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:26 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So far as the gruts go you could always make an orc champion character. You could also make beast a class for cave dweller. That would help make the gruts a lot more useful, if not overpowered.

Old November 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
So far as the gruts go you could always make an orc champion character. You could also make beast a class for cave dweller. That would help make the gruts a lot more useful, if not overpowered.
You know what I just thought of actually...

Swog Rider Command [1, 2, 3]
At the start of this game place [1, 2, 3] Swog Riders in this figure's starting zone. These figures are now under your control.

I feel kind of dumb for not including that already...
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Here are some of the controversial special powers that were brought up in Therion's error report

Quote:
Arrow Grut Command [1, 2, 3]
Start the game with [3, 6, 9] Arrow Gruts under your control
Without proper bonding is this power really worth it? Both Blade Gruts and Arrow Gruts cost 40 points. Blade Grut Command costs 2 skill points each while Arrow Gruts only cost 1 each. Do you still think the low cost justifies it? What are your thoughts? Would you buy the Arrow Gruts at this cost?

Honestly? No. I can put an order marker on me, and use Raptor Charge and Spiral Slash, or make 3 attacks of 1. Which would you do?

Quote:
Animate Dead [1, 2, 3]
Affects Undead...
A single Zombie doesn't scare anyone. And the Shades of Bleakwoode aren't that useful. The Phantom Knights are tough though. After anything dies within 8 clear sight spaces, including your summoned Undead, there's an 65% chance to for it to turn into a Zombie, 40% to become a Shade of Bleakwoode, and 25% chance to become a Phantom Knight. "Does not affect Undead" clause may be necessary. Has anyone given this power a try?

I completely misunderstood. Then the power text needs cleared up, 'cause I thought it was only on a 16 or higher that I got anything.

Quote:
Bound, Agile Attack, Strafe, etc..
The Silver Surfer with his Hyper Speed 5 is really powerful, but Silver Surfer also has Stealth Flying. If these figures have any form of disengage they usually have to pay for it, and except for the Orc Archer, they are just melee. A friend of mine had a Dwarf Rogue with Agile Attack, but he never even used it. He usually moved where he wanted to be in the first movement, so he didn't need to move anymore after attacking. Anyone give this power a try yet?

It really shines on a Ninja Kyrie with Shuriken Special Attack, Critical Strike, Bound and Agile Attack. And just for good measure, Vanishing Ninja and Smoke Bomb.

Quote:
Range [3, 4, 4]. Attack [5, 5, 6]
... if this attack fails, this figure is destroyed.
Like gorthan suggested, have it inflict a wound instead of destroy, but the mechanics for placing your Hero after failure is difficult to work with. I'll give that a shot. Would you buy Pounce Special Attack if it only inflicts 1 or 2 wounds? Would that be overpowered?

I edited a version in my post above this one not too long ago.

Quote:
Vengeful Hunt 2:
If this figure is attacked by an opponent’s figure with a normal or special attack, you may add 1 die to this figure’s Attack when attacking that figure with a normal attack. This figure may not use Vengeful Hunt if it attacks any other figure.
It used to be if you take a wound that Vengeful Hunt would activate instead of just getting attacked. I think that's what I meant in the first place, but does this fix it you think? Would you purchase this skill?

My problem is with that last line; if you attack any other figure, or any other figure after being attacked by the opponent's figure?

I assume it's the last one. Change the text to reflect it, and it should work.

Patience Drain
On a 16+, post normally.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 12:01 AM

I guess for the Arrow Gruts its all about the situation. Are you running into a mob of squad figures, or are you defending from atop a castle. If you're defending a castle its zero attacks of zero versus 3 attacks of 2 at 6 range. The Arrow Gruts give you the accessibility to range that you wouldn't normally have as an Orc Champion. Is the option worth 1 point to you, even if you might not usually take it?

No Ninja Kyrie yet, but I see your point. I think its only something that can be proven in play though. I'll make it a point to make my only Hero I've created (Human Rogue) buy Bound and/or Agile Attack.

Okay, maybe I should clear up Animate Dead before we go around changing things. Something dies within 8 clear sight spaces, roll the d20. At Level 3, you roll a 16 or higher, you can place a Zombie, Shade, OR PK in its place. 8-12 is only a Zombie. Lets say you choose to always place the highest costed unit if you have the roll. Once you have 3 PK's, you still roll 16 or higher and you can still place a Shade. Have all 3 Shades and you can place all 6 Zombies. If you get enough good rolls and few of your summoned units die you will end with 6 Zombies, 3 Shades, and 3 PK's maximum. But of course you have to place an Order marker to actually take a turn with them unless I give Necromancer a power like Kurrok's Master of the Elements.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 12:19 AM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

kaiyu?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=33237
Look's like GreyOwl himself likes your idea.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old November 2nd, 2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I guess for the Arrow Gruts its all about the situation. Are you running into a mob of squad figures, or are you defending from atop a castle. If you're defending a castle its zero attacks of zero versus 3 attacks of 2 at 6 range. The Arrow Gruts give you the accessibility to range that you wouldn't normally have as an Orc Champion. Is the option worth 1 point to you, even if you might not usually take it?

No Ninja Kyrie yet, but I see your point. I think its only something that can be proven in play though. I'll make it a point to make my only Hero I've created (Human Rogue) buy Bound and/or Agile Attack.
It works best with Dagger Throw. (Or similar ranged.)

Quote:
Okay, maybe I should clear up Animate Dead before we go around changing things. Something dies within 8 clear sight spaces, roll the d20. At Level 3, you roll a 16 or higher, you can place a Zombie, Shade, OR PK in its place. 8-12 is only a Zombie. Lets say you choose to always place the highest costed unit if you have the roll. Once you have 3 PK's, you still roll 16 or higher and you can still place a Shade. Have all 3 Shades and you can place all 6 Zombies. If you get enough good rolls and few of your summoned units die you will end with 6 Zombies, 3 Shades, and 3 PK's maximum.
Alright. That works.

Quote:
But of course you have to place an Order marker to actually take a turn with them unless I give Necromancer a power like Kurrok's Master of the Elements.
There is Rebuke Undead. But it's only one figure, and it has a 25% chance of killing your figure. As Rebuke Undead in 3.5e gave a chance of making Undead cower, (or if you beat their HD by 2, you could command them...) it should be like Master of the Elements.

EDIT: I missed an error with the Elementalist school of magic; under the Fire Elemental, Earth Elemental, and Water Elemental powers, you wrote it as giving Air Elementals.

Double Attack works just fine as is, I just think it sounds better worded the other way.

With Defy Death, you mention wounds at the end. How about this instead:

Defy Death 1
If this figure would be destroyed, before removing this figure from the battlefield, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, this figure is not destroyed instead.

The Cave Dweller gives +1 life with its One Shield Defense.

I missed the part of Entanglement Strike where it works if you fail Engagement Strike. My bad.

Patience Drain
On a 16+, post normally.

Last edited by Therion; November 2nd, 2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
There is Rebuke Undead. But it's only one figure, and it has a 25% chance of killing your figure. As Rebuke Undead in 3.5e gave a chance of making Undead cower, (or if you beat their HD by 2, you could command them...) it should be like Master of the Elements.
Rebuke undead is actually an Evil Cleric ability, so the Necromancer shouldn't even have it. I intended it to be an power for the Necromancer to use against the opponent's Undead. It seemed kinda silly if he's a Necromancer and has got no advantage over hostile undead. I'll make a Command Undead ability I think.

Command Undead 2:
Instead of taking a turn with this figure, you may take a turn with one Undead Squad that you control. Any figure that is taking a turn instead of this figure must be within clear sight of this figure before moving.
Old November 2nd, 2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Command Undead 2:
Instead of taking a turn with this figure, you may take a turn with one Undead Squad that you control. Any figure that is taking a turn instead of this figure must be within clear sight of this figure before moving.
Change that last part to "Any figure that moves or attacks using this ability must be within clear sight of this figure before moving."

Just 'cause of Horde Movement.

Oh, and Power Level headers are also on page 8, and 18 under Fire Magic.

And you need a line between Dying Swipe and Lurk in Shadows on the Death Knight, page 8.

EDIT: Goblin Wizards seem a little weak compared to the Human Wizards. Humans have sole access to some Schools, but Goblins get none of that.

Patience Drain
On a 16+, post normally.

Last edited by Therion; November 2nd, 2010 at 04:25 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions