Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 25th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Tul-Bak-Ra and Dividers Preview Discussion thread

Wave 9 Card Preview - Tul-Bak-Ra and Dividers

Last edited by Grungebob; May 25th, 2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:31 AM

sixfoot is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Tul-Bak-Ra and Dividers Preview Discussion thread

These are creative characters i never would have expected special powers like those! Makes me even happier to know i preordered them!!

Zetacron + Finn + Taelord + Height + Glyph of Astrid = 12 possible wounds!!!
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

The stealth aspect of TBR's Teleportation abilities really make them shine.

I like the Zombie like Cell division on the Dividers.

Once again, kudos to the design and playtest team(s)
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:36 AM

Darkness1717 is surprisingly tart

Wow these a re some really good characters. The Marro Dividers are a really good squad with they're cell thing and they are extremely low budget.
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Both units are very cool, but both probably won't be in many tourney armies. Cell divide is going to be way to hard to hit for the Dividers to truly be useful. I think that the very similar Marro Drones have the better ability, and I would play them over this squad. Still a very cool squad, though.
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:39 AM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

TBR's Special attack could be pretty useful, but the fact that he doesn't bond (single attack per order marker) and can't chose when to teleport other marros really neuters him IMO.

The dividers on the other hand look really fun! The hive not able to rebirth is no big deal, and cell divide is really cool! I would play these guys in large numbers with SOTM Raelin because of the magical 4th defense die. These previews really are great!
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
TBR's Special attack could be pretty useful, but the fact that he doesn't bond (single attack per order marker) and can't chose when to teleport other marros really neuters him IMO.

The dividers on the other hand look really fun! The hive not able to rebirth is no big deal, and cell divide is really cool! I would play these guys in large numbers with SOTM Raelin because of the magical 4th defense die. These previews really are great!
I'd rather play them with SBN, for the D20 boost.

I'm really interested in hearing he background story for TBR and his unusual appearance.
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

TBR looks like a June bug, but his abilities are awesome.

I don't like that his teleport is limited to the same level, I woudl rather that it were limited by 3 levels up/down.

The dividers are cool, and I don't think i would ever play them without Su Bak Na to boost their Cell Division. But I can't see many times that I would pick them over the Marro Drones.

Still cool though. And I'm also glad the Dividers middler claw isn't quit so overly long as the sketch was, as that looked a little ridiculous.

ETA: It's too bad TBR isn't a warlord, as summoning the Grok riders would be great with him if he added the Mark of the Warlord bonus.
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM

Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby! Sisyphus rolls all skulls baby!

What is the point of the Marro Hive? Half the Marro squad figures don't even work with it. It's not even that that Hive would make these figures overpowered. I would much rather have 3 extra squads of Dividers and change rather than the Hive anyway.

I think the dividers are going to be so much better than Zombies. They are cheaper, faster, and have better attack. Tul-Bak-Ra might be a useful Raelin killer.
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:54 AM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would say some immense praise to the designers and playtester team, but I'm too awestruck to be able think of the proper words to use right now. Awesome job!
Tul-Bak-Ra seems to be a great unit. Teleport has a lot of uses - you can teleport right into an enemy camp to assassinate something (like Raelin), and then when the enemy attempts to kill him, you teleport Dividers or Stingers right at your opponent's doorstep. For that matter, he can teleport out of engagements, allowing him to lure melee units to him, and then teleport out and attack other units while your ranged units hit the now vulnerable melee. For that matter, Tul-Bak-Ra can single-handedly invade a castle by teleporting in and killing the unit controlling the gate, allowing him to use it (or teleport another Marro on it if he gets attacked by the units on the wall but doesn't die). He may not exactly be a competetive unit, but he sure is fun.
As for the Marro Dividers, a 25% chance to revive themselves when they're hit is decent at the very least. That being said, one has to wonder if the Drones outclass them. They have the same stats, but the Drones have the more useful/versatile special. The Dividers seem to be designed to be used with Tul-Bak-Ra so that he can teleport them right into enemy lines, which (on paper, at least) means that the Dividers will revive themselves when hit and do some damage before being completely wiped out.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
Tul-Bak-Ra might be a useful Raelin killer.

I'd never thought of this, so far, I had only been thinking of retreat strategies with Tul Bak Ra. Raelin (and any other units hidden in the start zone) beware.

I'm coming for YOU, Sonya and your +2 for your husband!
Old May 25th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The hive is actually very useful. It may seem a waste of points, but it can help you move your units out of your base quickly, and react to anything easily that happens in your base.

These guys are flippin sweet!!! I love the cell divide. They are like drones, but can replace on the fly. And this big marro bad*** that teleports is just crazy. Pair him with Kelda, and there is only fun to be had. Just run him up, get hit, teleport all your stingers, then progressivly teleport back to Kelda.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units