Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 30th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
The Book of Batwoman

The Book of Batwoman

C3G DC WAVE 26
WOMEN OF WONDER

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Crisis set.
Its model number and name are #019 / Batwoman.

Current Glyphs of Utility

Character Bio - Once a soldier, always a soldier. The daughter of a respected United States Colonel, Kate Kane spent her entire life fighting, especially after the tragic loss of her mother and twin sister. After being kicked out of the United States Military Academy for refusing to lie about being a lesbian, Kate returned to Gotham City and lived somewhat aimlessly until a chance meeting with Batman. His dedication and the sight of the Batsignal inspired her. Using her training and stolen military technology, Kate became Batwoman. Despite the Armed Forces allowing her to return after the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy was repealed, Kate decided to stay in Gotham. She had found a new fight in the war against crime and corruption.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-Batwoman created by Edmond Hamilton and Sheldon Moldoff

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"

Last edited by Splash; August 2nd, 2022 at 04:10 PM. Reason: png
Old October 30th, 2016, 01:26 PM

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Batwoman - Design Phase

NAME = BATWOMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = KATHERINE KANE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = VIGILANTE
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = 180

UTILITY BELT 2
At the start of the game, after Order Markers are placed and before initiative is rolled, you may place up to two Utility Equipment Glyphs of different types on this card. Batwoman can equip a Utility Equipment Glyph even if there are other Utility Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 2. Batwoman cannot lose these glyphs by receiving wounds unless she is destroyed.

SURGICAL STRIKE
If Batwoman inflicts at least one wound on an adjacent figure with her normal attack, the defending figure receives one additional wound.

BULLETPROOF SUIT
If a non-adjacent figure targets Batwoman for an attack and rolls 2 or fewer skulls, you may ignore that attack.

Last edited by TrollBrute; April 17th, 2017 at 07:53 PM.
Old October 30th, 2016, 01:33 PM

My next obligation for the Anniversary wave, a character I've wanted to do for a long time now, and an old Sidekick era write-up: Batwoman!

Few notes, first on the mini. I've got the one from the Batman set in the OP right now:

because it's a slightly cooler mini and I own it, so pics aren't an issue. Availability and price might be though. As an alternative there's the Crisis set one:
which is much cheaper and easier to get a hold of. Thoughts on which one is better?

As for the design itself. I have Utility Belt 2 here to spice up the design a little (had UB1 originally) and because Batwoman uses a ton of gadgets. Not quite Bruce level, but I think UB2 is fitting. I also considered designing a Utility Glyph for her, along the lines of a Flash Bang Grenade or Tear Gas for the military connection. Still brainstorming ideas this week, but open to any suggestions on that front.

Also considered Stealth Dodge instead of Bulletproof Suit. I like the latter because she's less stealthy than Bruce, and often takes shots rather than dodges them. A simple reuse of Stealth Dodge is hard to argue against though.

Old October 30th, 2016, 03:51 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've seen a few Flash bang ideas and I think that could be cool with her. Stealth Dodge vs Bulletproof suit...I like suit for the thematic part.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 30th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think I'm okay with Bulletproof Suit - everything else is reused and it helps sell the "rough and tough army background" along with Surgical Strike and it is mechanically distinct.

Would definitely be interested in seeing a new Utility Glyph as well, ideally one that plays well with her "get in, hit hard, get out" playstyle.

I actually prefer the second mini, since it's sans-dressing and is just the character. But am fine either way.
Old October 30th, 2016, 05:37 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Definitely like Utility Belt 2 and Surgical Strike here. Bulletproof Suit sounds more like an auto-shield power to me (something like 2 auto-shields against normal range?), but I'd be fine with it as-is or switching to Stealth Dodge.

I definitely think some new Utility Glyphs for her would be cool; even doing ones that worked better with "Disciplined Vigilantes" would be interesting.

On the mini, I'd just wait and see what we can get pictures off. If no one can get us pics of the second one, then the first is a decent option too.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old October 30th, 2016, 08:52 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the idea of Bulletproof Suit here, I just think it is a little too powerful to accurately reflect that right now. Lots of non-adj. normal attacks are more dangerous than bullets in C3G and even when it comes to bullets a bulletproof vest reacts much differently when hit by pistol ammo (Street Thugs) vs. assault rifle (Punisher) shots. The armor should still help somewhat vs shrapnel (Explosive-based SA) and buckshot (Shotgun SA). I'd go with one auto shield or maybe roll 3 additional def. die when faced with non-adj. attacks (all). Then it gives her some universal protection while not being better than what Iron Man's suit provides.
Old October 31st, 2016, 09:47 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Below was some discussions had for Flashbangs in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Not sure if we ever posted this in this thread but just in case...this is what I had in my design thread...

Flashbang - This one could be a utility glyph as well...
When this glyph is revealed, all figures on this glyph or adjacent to this Glyph subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1 for the remainder of the round. Destructible objects are not affected by this special attack.

Or to riff off Vertigo....

Flashbang
When this glyph is revealed, all figures on this glyph or adjacent to this glyph must roll 3 combat dice. For each shield rolled, that figure subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense number to a minimum of 1 for the duration of this round (or turn). Androids and destructible objects are not affected by Flashbang

If one of you want to run with this feel free. I have enough to keep me busy for a few years but I'd love to see this make it to the belt.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
That is pretty cool Japes. I think I would roll more dice though if you are looking for shields. 6 dice would give you 2 shields on average, so maybe 5 dice would give you between 1-3 shields more often then not, and that would be a nice effect.
Yeah I came up with it when I was going through my love of Vertigo phase a year or so ago...I'm just in deep like currently. I think I owe that to Dysole...he brought me to the light so to speak. She's a fun unit with a lot of benefit for a low cost. 1-3 shields is good but the possibility of reducing someone's defense that much is major. Since the main purpose of the glyph would be to soften up targets before an attack and not an attack in itself I wouldn't want it to be too strong and I think averaging 2 shields would be high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It is single use, though, right?
Correct.
Then adjusting the power level up a tad makes sense. It has to be worth using that one time.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 3rd, 2016, 08:16 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

How about this for Bulletproof Suit?

BULLETPROOF SUIT
If a non adjacent figure rolls fewer than 3 skulls when attacking Batwoman, you may ignore that attack.

This would make her largely safe from street level figures at range, which seems thematic; high caliber weapons or a blast from Silver Surfer should not automatically be blocked.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old November 7th, 2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post

BULLETPROOF SUIT
If a non adjacent figure rolls fewer than 3 skulls when attacking Batwoman, you may ignore that attack.

This would make her largely safe from street level figures at range, which seems thematic; high caliber weapons or a blast from Silver Surfer should not automatically be blocked.
Not a huge fan of that, to be honest, but it's interesting. Still not worth attacking her from range unless you're rolling 6+ dice. I prefer the simpler version in the OP, but I wouldn't be totally against this suggestion if the majority prefers it.

Quote:
Below was some discussions had for Flashbangs in the past.

Quote:
Not sure if we ever posted this in this thread but just in case...this is what I had in my design thread...

Flashbang - This one could be a utility glyph as well...
When this glyph is revealed, all figures on this glyph or adjacent to this Glyph subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense numbers to a minimum of 1 for the remainder of the round. Destructible objects are not affected by this special attack.

Or to riff off Vertigo....

Flashbang
When this glyph is revealed, all figures on this glyph or adjacent to this glyph must roll 3 combat dice. For each shield rolled, that figure subtracts 1 from its Move, Range, Attack, and Defense number to a minimum of 1 for the duration of this round (or turn). Androids and destructible objects are not affected by Flashbang

If one of you want to run with this feel free. I have enough to keep me busy for a few years but I'd love to see this make it to the belt.
Some interesting ideas. I was thinking along the lines of this:
Quote:
After moving, you may destroy this glyph and choose a space within 4 spaces of this figure. All figures on or within 1 space of the chosen space subtract 2 from their Move, Attack, and Defense until the next time you reveal an Order Marker.
or

Quote:
After moving and instead of attacking, you may destroy this glyph and choose a space within 4 spaces of this figure. Roll the 20-sided die for each figure on or within 1 space of the chosen space. If you roll 13 or higher, remove 1 unrevealed Order Marker from that figure's card.

Old November 8th, 2016, 12:15 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On the first version I would rather see the effects go away when the affected figure next reveals an OM on that card. Otherwise, use the flashbang and then just stop using that card except via bonding.
Old November 8th, 2016, 08:03 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post

BULLETPROOF SUIT

I really like this idea! It falls right in line with her character (new or old) and captures a part of her that isn't that well represented here - her dad's use of military grade items in helping her become a vigilante. That power feels like cutting edge sci-fi military stuff.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library