Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 13th, 2012, 04:45 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Enchantress (Amora) - Design

Ok I have found a mini that I will be modding for an enchantress:

Old May 13th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I like CHARMING and SEDUCTIVE. She is kind of a floozy. Her greatest attribute is that she is a flirt. Maybe ENTICING.
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seductive is getting the most overlap so far.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks, David! Some great food for thought here! I don't mind the Enchantment boost to multiple attackers too much. It should be reflected in her cost, hopefully. I definitely think she's better at making others better than at attacking herself (thus the low attack of 5).

We decided that she could enchant ranged attacks too, so we're happy with that one. But it definitely came up.

Any opinions on the personality? Seductive and Manipulative seem like the most popular.

With Soul Swap, that's a great question about Mental Shield. I'll work up something to avoid that potential problem. I don't want anyone cheesing extra value out of the power, since it's already pretty darn powerful.

Thanks!
Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Enchantress

Is your butt Thor? Try the Asgardian!

Ok, I just woke up from a nap. Time to buckle up and do some ERB!

Enchantment
Interesting ability! Time to fire up the newly updated C3G Index! Interesting that Uncommon Heroes released so far all have Super Strength. Items I do want to examine are long-range snipers, figures with multiple attacks, and figures that have abilities that augment their normal attacks. This does introduce a theme check: Should this attack enhancement affect ranged attacks?

Some examples (not necessarily problems, but just to provide a range of examples):
Punisher can fire at 6/5/4 with his Assault Rifle.
Batman (Terry)’s attack with Comlink from 4+1 to 6+1
Black Canary – Fists of Fury: 7 dice that can attack up to 4 times if at least 3 skulls are rolled.
Captain America – His aura can add +1 to attack to Avenger. Possible pile-ups: +1 (Cap) +2 (Enchantress) +1 (height / not considering extreme height here) +1 auto-skull (Bullseye, who would attack at 8+1 skull in this scenario)
Daredevil – can attack all figures adjacent with +1 for each enemy figure adjacent
Iron Fist – Force of One means 4+3+2 = 9
Vixen (Bear) – 4+2+2 and attacks all adjacent figures

In the land of Theoryscape, I’m not concerned so much about the stacking bonuses, defense reductions, and ranged attacks as much as I am with the multiple strikes from Black Canary, Daredevil, and Wolverine.

Soul Swap
Would it read better as “return to the players who originally controlled them”?

Suppose Enchantress is drafted with a figure with Mental Shield such as Magneto. So Captain America strikes Enchantress and whiffs. Would this allow Enchantress to take control of Captain America while denying the opponent taking control due to Mental Shield?

Magical Defense
Wow! This is pretty nasty combined with a Life of 7, though there are plenty of counters and examples where figures can slip extra damage through. A check of the Index shows that Doctor Strange has Life 6, so no issue here.

Final Thoughts

I really had to give the Index a workout on this.

I really love the ideas in this design. There are some items presented for your consideration, which may or may not be issues. Some of these items might be mitigated by how difficult it might be to set up the situations, and these items will reveal themselves in playtesting.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 13th, 2012, 07:19 PM

Cool. Appreciate the input.

- Bats

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlhsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman

Any opinions on the personality? Seductive and Manipulative seem like the most popular.
I'm not comics savvy, but I think Manipulative sounds more applicable to the abilities. Swapping souls is pretty sneaky.

Old May 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Ok I have found a mini that I will be modding for an enchantress:

Mini name/number?

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:37 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

It's an Indy figure I know, because I have it.
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I just took Circe from the Cosmic Justice set and painted her hair yellow. Looks pretty good and was dead simple.
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM

Nice idea.
Old May 13th, 2012, 10:59 PM

C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT (ENCHANTRESS)

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
PASS

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
PASS

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
PASS

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
PASS

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
PASS

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
PASS

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
PASS

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
PASS

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
PASS with changes

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
PASS

Heavy Hitter or Mid-Level Hero Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 340 before changes to Soul Swap – 360+ after.
- Give a brief overview. Without Soul Swap or Enchantment in play, she feels really solid at 330. With Enchantment in play, even with really good teammates, and Soul Swap as a diversion, 340 feels about right. I’m not sure yet how the more effective Soul Swap influences her cost, but hopefully the army tests will help show! I’m thinking a 20-40 point boost may be in order.
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 300?
- Give a brief overview. Enchantress is made to fight Unique Heroes and to fight with Unique Heroes on her side. Luckily an army build could easily include a squad killer or two to help her (whom she’d make tougher against Unique Heroes with Enchantment and Soul Swap).
Map: Custom
Units: Enchantress vs. SHIELD Agents x3 (330)
Spoiler Alert!

Squad Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 330
- Give a brief overview. Without Enchantment or Soul Swap relevant, 330 continues to feel right for her. With them, she’s anywhere from 340 to 380.
Units: Enchantress vs. Bad Cops x6 (330)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 360-380
- Give a brief overview. Soul Swap was a threat, but the heroes managed to outrange it, so it never came into play directly. Enchantment with Wolverine and Merlyn nasty as advertised.
Units: Enchantress (340), Wolverine (280), Loki (420), Merlyn (160) (1200) vs. Thor (430), Captain America (240), Hulk (380), Hawkeye (150) (1200)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 380
- Give a brief overview. Soul Swap and Enchantment made this extremely close. Enchantress is great at pulling heroes off the scrap heap and putting them together into a deadly army.
Units: Enchantress (380?), Mister Zsasz (100), Bob (25), Toad (95), Ant-Man (30), Fire Ants x10 (100), Atom (50), Beast Boy (Cheetah) (20) (800) vs. Thor (430), Hulk (Hasbro) (370) (800)
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IAmBatman; May 14th, 2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:00 PM

Ran out of steam, but I like her at 340 so far!

Old May 14th, 2012, 12:04 PM

Soul Swap has proven to be only a distraction so far and though it's helped Enchantress get in extra attacks and swipes, I think it's too fun to not actually come into play at some point! So I intend to make the following change and finish out the test with it in place:

SOUL SWAP
Once per game, if a figure you control is attacked by an opponent's Unique Hero within 6 clear sight spaces of Enchantress, but is not wounded, you may reveal Order Marker X on this card to Soul Swap the hero. Choose a Unique Hero you control without the Mental Shield special power within 6 clear sight spaces of Enchantress. Remove all Order Markers from both Army Cards. Take control of the Soul Swapped figure and that figure's card and your opponent takes control of the chosen figure and that figure's card. If Enchantress is destroyed, all figures and cards affected by Soul Swap return to the players who originally controlled them.

This should make it so that you get to use it pretty much every game if you want to, but the "once per game" will limit it from being game breaking. I'll let you guys know how it goes with this change!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library