Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old December 24th, 2016, 08:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Ixe's Custom Units

I love this mini @Ixe . Nice play on its giant mouth too.

In regards to end-game, figures off the battlefield are considered to be destroyed. This exists for the Airborne Elite, who may never drop before the end and the Rechets, who may never be summoned. On the opposite side, where a figure who does start off on the board, if it is removed for whatever reason, it is still considered destroyed for end game. Marro Gnids (of C3V fame), do this with Cling.

I really dig customs that open up these questions. If these things didn't exist, we'd never get to a stronger spot of customs making.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old December 25th, 2016, 10:21 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
In regards to end-game, figures off the battlefield are considered to be destroyed. This exists for the Airborne Elite, who may never drop before the end and the Rechets, who may never be summoned. On the opposite side, where a figure who does start off on the board, if it is removed for whatever reason, it is still considered destroyed for end game. Marro Gnids (of C3V fame), do this with Cling.

I really dig customs that open up these questions. If these things didn't exist, we'd never get to a stronger spot of customs making.
Thanks for the clarity here. I was reasoning it through my head as much, just nice to have confirmation from someone else.

I also like customs that make us ask these questions. When we have to ask them, only to realize they fall appropriately into the rules, it illustrates the creativity behind the design.
Old January 19th, 2017, 02:29 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is the Shining Child from Pathfinder Miniatures:

NAME = Marhana
GENERAL = Vydar
PLANET = Feylund
SPECIES = Undead
CLASS = Accursed
PERSONALITY = Tormented
Size = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 55

ENDLESS CURSE

When Marhana receives one or more wounds, ignore any wounds and choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Marhana. Remove any order markers on this Army Card and give this card to that opponent.

INCORPOREAL 3
Marhana adds 3 additional defense dice when rolling defense against a normal attack.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Marhana's movement, ignore elevation. Marhana may fly over water without stopping, pass over figure's without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Marhana starts to fly, if she is engaged, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Marhana was the mother to Morsbane and she had joined forces with Khosumet to defeat the Queen Sudema once and for all. While she rendered Sudema powerless, Khosumet ultimately betrayed and killed her. Because of the dark and potent magics in their fight, Marhana is now an accursed spirit who is doomed to die and die again. Each time she falls she must join her new master, forced to turn against her former allies and try to kill them with her own hands.

I made a power identical to Endless Curse for Dr.Goomonkey's Christmas custom competition and felt that it had more potential than just being used on Joywalker 6000. With it, Marhana is almost impossible to destroy and instead changes sides each time she would be killed. If you lose her you always have the chance to get her back by killing her again. She hits hard for her points and you can waste attacks against her trying to take her down but loading up order markers on her can be risky. Besides, there is always the chance that she'll do more damage against you than for you if your opponent gets their hands on her.

I'm particularly interested in how she can do in multiplayer formats. I really like the idea of having her as a bargaining chip and working out temporary alliances against a stronger opponent.

As always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Ixe; January 19th, 2017 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added defensive power and adjusted base stats
Old January 19th, 2017, 02:33 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Wow, talk about hard to balance. I think her defense is awfully high for being an unarmored undead figure. Not sure if you want to explore this, but I would consider adding a die roll (like 7 or higher) for her to come back.

Cool figure and implementation though
Old January 19th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Could definitely use some playtesting for perfect pricing but she is an extremely interesting unit to field. Unkillable but liable to turn against you.

I'd make it so her power protects her from all forms of death (Acid Breath, Chomp, etc.). That way her son Morsbane would be the only one who could truly kill her via Negation. How poetic!

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old January 19th, 2017, 04:21 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks for commenting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Wow, talk about hard to balance. I think her defense is awfully high for being an unarmored undead figure. Not sure if you want to explore this, but I would consider adding a die roll (like 7 or higher) for her to come back.

Cool figure and implementation though
Pricing right now is basically a big shrug. I've costed her as her power being a negative but it also means that you can bring her back. I'm thinking about changing her defense to 3 and giving her a ghost-themed power that gives her +4 defense against normal attacks. I was a little worried about space but it should be a short power. I like the idea of her being around forever but a die roll is worth considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Could definitely use some playtesting for perfect pricing but she is an extremely interesting unit to field. Unkillable but liable to turn against you.

I'd make it so her power protects her from all forms of death (Acid Breath, Chomp, etc.). That way her son Morsbane would be the only one who could truly kill her via Negation. How poetic!

~TAF
This is the kind of unit that even playtesting would be tough to hammer down since she can potentially be so swingy. I had contemplated addressing destruction powers as well but I'm worried about how much language that would add. I'm okay if Morsbane is just one of the ways to permanently kill her (and this way he can do it on a roll of 20, too). There still aren't that many ways out there.
Old February 4th, 2017, 11:14 AM

This is the Man-at-arms from D&D Miniatures - Harbinger:

This is the Man-at-arms from D&D Miniatures - Aberrations:

This is a Shield soldier from D&D Miniatures - War Drums:

NAME = Guild Fighters
GENERAL = Einar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Fighters
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 65

FIGHTER STRATEGIC BONDING

Before taking a turn with the Guild Fighters, you may first take a turn with any Fighter Hero you control. If you do not take a turn with any Fighter Hero you control, you may move and attack with up to 4 guild fighters you control.

COMBAT CHALLENGE
If an opponent's figure adjacent to a Guild Fighter attacks with a normal or special attack, it must attack a figure with the Combat Challenge Special Power.

The guild fighters are a tough and sturdy fighting force that can take a punishment and hold their ground. They are skilled at keeping the focus on them, protecting the forces that truly matter. They can work almost seamlessly with their superiors to complement those within their guild or focus on massing their numbers and overwhelming the enemy.

They are a pretty defensive unit who don't quite pack a punch themselves. They have my updated version of combat challenge that always allows the opponent to attack, just not always who they want to. While their strategic bonding lets them put out a solid screen, their combat challenge can allow them to leave a few holes while still keeping key figures protected. Right now they only work with Tandros Kreel (who they don't actually protect but gives them a ranged attack) or C3V's Martial La Hire (although you must be careful he doesn't hurt them). I'd imagine they are a massive pain screening Raelin but they don't have free movement like the rats and otherwise lack significant offense or speed on their own.

Old February 5th, 2017, 12:48 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
This is the Man-at-arms from D&D Miniatures - Harbinger:

This is the Man-at-arms from D&D Miniatures - Aberrations:

This is a Shield soldier from D&D Miniatures - War Drums:

NAME = Guild Fighters
GENERAL = Einar
PLANET = Toril
SPECIES = Human
CLASS = Fighters
PERSONALITY = Disciplined
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON SQUAD

LIFE = 1 (3 figures)
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 2
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 65

FIGHTER STRATEGIC BONDING

Before taking a turn with the Guild Fighters, you may first take a turn with any Fighter Hero you control. If you do not take a turn with any Fighter Hero you control, you may move and attack with up to 4 guild fighters you control.

COMBAT CHALLENGE
If an opponent's figure adjacent to a Guild Fighter attacks with a normal or special attack, it must attack a figure with the Combat Challenge Special Power.

The guild fighters are a tough and sturdy fighting force that can take a punishment and hold their ground. They are skilled at keeping the focus on them, protecting the forces that truly matter. They can work almost seamlessly with their superiors to complement those within their guild or focus on massing their numbers and overwhelming the enemy.

They are a pretty defensive unit who don't quite pack a punch themselves. They have my updated version of combat challenge that always allows the opponent to attack, just not always who they want to. While their strategic bonding lets them put out a solid screen, their combat challenge can allow them to leave a few holes while still keeping key figures protected. Right now they only work with Tandros Kreel (who they don't actually protect but gives them a ranged attack) or C3V's Martial La Hire (although you must be careful he doesn't hurt them). I'd imagine they are a massive pain screening Raelin but they don't have free movement like the rats and otherwise lack significant offense or speed on their own.

Nice. I've played around with Fighter-bonding Fighter common squads a few times before. I like the simplicity of what you have here. They would be fun with the Horned Skull Brutes.

Quote:
This is the Shining Child from Pathfinder Miniatures:

NAME = Marhana
GENERAL = Vydar
PLANET = Feylund
SPECIES = Undead
CLASS = Accursed
PERSONALITY = Tormented
Size = Medium 5
UNIQUE HERO

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 55

ENDLESS CURSE

When Marhana receives one or more wounds, ignore any wounds and choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Marhana. Remove any order markers on this Army Card and give this card to that opponent.

INCORPOREAL 3
Marhana adds 3 additional defense dice when rolling defense against a normal attack.

STEALTH FLYING
When counting spaces for Marhana's movement, ignore elevation. Marhana may fly over water without stopping, pass over figure's without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Marhana starts to fly, if she is engaged, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Marhana was the mother to Morsbane and she had joined forces with Khosumet to defeat the Queen Sudema once and for all. While she rendered Sudema powerless, Khosumet ultimately betrayed and killed her. Because of the dark and potent magics in their fight, Marhana is now an accursed spirit who is doomed to die and die again. Each time she falls she must join her new master, forced to turn against her former allies and try to kill them with her own hands.

I made a power identical to Endless Curse for Dr.Goomonkey's Christmas custom competition and felt that it had more potential than just being used on Joywalker 6000. With it, Marhana is almost impossible to destroy and instead changes sides each time she would be killed. If you lose her you always have the chance to get her back by killing her again. She hits hard for her points and you can waste attacks against her trying to take her down but loading up order markers on her can be risky. Besides, there is always the chance that she'll do more damage against you than for you if your opponent gets their hands on her.

I'm particularly interested in how she can do in multiplayer formats. I really like the idea of having her as a bargaining chip and working out temporary alliances against a stronger opponent.

Oof! I suppose she doesn't create an endless game since killing her means the other player gains control; otherwise I would suggest a d20 roll.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 8th, 2017, 09:33 AM

These are the Leyline Phantoms from Arena of the Planeswalkers:

NAME = Yahl Guardian
GENERAL = Aquilla
PLANET = Arctorus
SPECIES = Spirit
CLASS = Guard
PERSONALITY = Ferocious
SIZE = Medium 5
COMMON HERO

LIFE = 1
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = 25

WHIRLWIND ASSAULT

A Yahl Guardian may attack and or all figures adjacent to it. Roll each attack separately.

INSUBSTANTIAL 4
A Yahl Guardian rolls 4 additional defense dice when defending against a normal attack from a figure who is not adjacent.

SHIFTING SPIRITS
You may choose not to start any number of Yahl Guardians on the battlefield and reserve them instead. When a Yahl Guardian you control is destroyed, you may replace that figure with a reserved Spirit figure you control, if possible. If you do, you may move any number of Order Markers from this Army Card to the Army Card of the newly placed Spirit.

Like the Yahl Hounds, the Yahl Guardians are a manifestation of the shifting spirits of Arctorus. They move slowly across the battlefield but can ward off attacks and unleash a torrent of blows on all around them.

The Yahl Guardians are much slower than the Yahl Hounds and don't pack the same punch against a single target but they hold up far better on defense. They are nearly impervious to ranged attacks, encouraging the enemy to come in close and subject themselves to a whirlwind assault. It occured to me that order markers could potentially be a bit of a pain for a spirit army. If I plan on using a Yahl Hound and lose it, I'm encouraged to keep an active Yahl Hound instead of switching to a sturdier Guardian. If I anticipated that same hound dying and it lived, I could miss a turn that I intended on a Guardian. I made a fix on the power to smooth this over and make them more fluid like they are intended to be.

Old February 8th, 2017, 11:59 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Whirlwind Assault is perfect for their four arms, and the spirit / insubstantial theme fits well with their translucence.

Shifting Spirits is a very cool mechanic. I'm confused, though -- since it's a Common card, why do you need to shift OMs?
Old February 8th, 2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Shifting Spirits is a very cool mechanic. I'm confused, though -- since it's a Common card, why do you need to shift OMs?
Because there are more spirits with the Shifting Spirits power. I started with the Yahl Hounds who can shift into a Yahl Guardian (ideally once they get into melee). Without OM moving, figuring out order markers for a multi-spirit army would be tough and runs counter to the theme I'm going for. You are otherwise right that it is unnecessary for a pure Guardian army.
Old February 8th, 2017, 12:50 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
Because there are more spirits with the Shifting Spirits power. I started with the Yahl Hounds who can shift into a Yahl Guardian (ideally once they get into melee). Without OM moving, figuring out order markers for a multi-spirit army would be tough and runs counter to the theme I'm going for. You are otherwise right that it is unnecessary for a pure Guardian army.
OK, that makes sense now! Thanks.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards