Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 5th, 2008, 03:16 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Another thing to think about is what your overall strategy is going to be, how you want your units to work together to achieve a particular goal.

Don't just draft units because they add up to 400 (or 500 or whatever) well, think about how A is going to support / complement the actions of B and C. Consider how your strategy will change as your characters get killed. In the case of Thorgrim/Finn/Eldgrim etc, think about how and when you want them to get killed, and what you're going to do with them when they die.

Ultimately, remember that as often as not your strategy will go to pieces. This doesn't necessarily mean that it's a bad strategy (though it could). It just means that opponents frequently fail to do exactly what you want them to do. When I realized this, I started building armies based more on what I liked thematically. If you like your army, it matters less if you lose... but I find that the armies I like the most, on a personal level, tend to do a little better than ones built with a grand strategy in mind.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old February 5th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I'd try getting better. Seems to work for me.
Old February 5th, 2008, 03:58 PM

CH4071C has disabled reputation
Since I got the game I have lost every game, but I keep playing becuase I get so into it. Plus I know that I will win at least once...someday...maybe...ok, never.

But, like everyone else has said, the best way to win is through experience and luck.

CH4071C

Are you a Heroscape Addict? Check the Symptoms.

My Maps
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:33 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old February 5th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Ug, a gray man

Eckels knows what's in an order marker Eckels knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M
Quote:

Good Traders: Just_a_Bill, Wind Lane, Steiner, Hilo-scaper, tdavid6
My Latest Maps
Old February 5th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M
Quote:
Yeah.......I know.

Story of my life.
Old February 5th, 2008, 07:11 PM

time scourge has disabled reputation
you could try harder......

or..... hmmm......... just beat me next time we play..... ..again

But try a 500 point team of:
2x Knights of Weston
1x Sir denrick
1x 4th Massachusetts line
1x Concan the kyrie warrior
1x Sentinals of Jandar

Old February 5th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I'd drop Concan and the Sentinels out of that and put in another set of 4th Mass, and either another human champion for the Knights of Weston to bond with, or more knights or 4th Mass. Also, if you have Sir Gilbert, he's a much, much better option for the knights than Denrick, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old February 5th, 2008, 07:25 PM

time scourge has disabled reputation
i agree with you that sir gilbert and more 4th massachusets are a good idea but sadly i don't have multiple sets of the 4th and i don't have sir gilbert...

Old February 5th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I might swap Shotgun Sullivan and ROTV Drake in for the 4th Mass and Sentinels, then. I'm just not a big fan of single commons ...
Oh, and there's no shame in proxying extra commons if you want. You could always put the Airborne Elite in as a second squad of 4th Mass ... if you don't tell Hasbro, they won't mind.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 19th, 2008, 10:58 PM

Naruto Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUNAK
What units does he like? If he likes Q9 you better get one too!
I took on Q9 with The three Izumi Samuri only one samuri made it out alive and Q9,well i killed him it was a miricle.
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:05 AM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I had this same problem a while back, couldn't win a game. Then, I totally chaged how I played, and it has made all the difference. The solution was simple, I stopped playing against adults my age and started playing against 12 year olds. Now I win all the time!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion