Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old October 23rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Skyknights Dungeon Crawl... Chapter II Bound Souls 10-

Daughter and friends took over basement this weekend...will build after they leave
Old October 26th, 2010, 06:34 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Skyknights Dungeon Crawl... Chapter II Bound Souls 10-

Chapter III.... Rumble in the Bog

Quote:
The elves slip silently through the dense vegetation with their allied Sasquatch Hunters at their side. The sounds of the swamp fill the landscape and stinging insects buzz around the hero’s heads. On the march to the swamps, rumors have reached the allies of a reptilian horde rising out of the bog. The few huts that the party has encountered have been burnt to the ground and faint blood stains could be seen on what remained. It has been many miles since the elves have found any friendly faces to give them news of what lies ahead. Syvarris, noble of the high elf clan, leads his personal bodyguard, the fabled archers of the Golden Oak and the female warriors of the Great Life Tree. To his left moves the stealthy Moriko, friend to the forest, bane to those who would do it harm. From the front, the banner of Acolarh stands tall, though muddied with bog water and filth.

After continuing their march through the swamplands the noises of the bog begin to change. Upon the air sounds of drums and loud hisses are carried to the elves and hunters ears. At mid-afternoon the elves begin to creep along the vegetation hoping to take the enemy by surprise. Their elven sight begins to make out the outlines of a large structure in the center of the swamp. Further the party presses until they can finally make out the reptilian stronghold. A great stone platform rises out of the swamp, upon it stands a giant sculpted skull stained in blood. Shackles hang off the side of the face….this is where the lizard folk sacrifice their victims. Lizard men patrol the stairs and stand guard on a single lane path running from the altar. The lane comes to a large well with yet more reptilians standing atop it. Ladders descend down its sides into the depths, this must be the entrance to the under dark.

Four Sahuigan priestesses stand atop the structure with weapons in hand. They watch with loud hisses as a large green dragon makes its way to the pool at the skulls feet. The dragon bends its head down to the pool and laps at the blood that has gathered at the skulls base. Suddenly roars escape from the sides of the altar….from out of the swamp emerge three large serpents with numerous heads. The heads dive and dart as they scream forth a warning. It seems the hydras have picked up the scent of the hunters. The Dragon rears its head and its scaly mouth splits in a vicious grin….”COME LITTLE ONES…..THE POOL ISSSSSS DRAINED NEARLY…..YOU SHALL REFILL IT FOR ALL TO FEAST UPON”. With this, the dragon releases a hateful hiss to which the horde responds and moves into the swamp to attack.

Syvarris looks to his men…”Hunters and warriors to the front, stay to the trees as you can!!! Archers prepare to cover the first assault…kill them where they stand”. Moriko disappears into a nearby bush, preparing to destroy any who come to close. Syvarris raises his bow and in a flurry of movement arrows begin to sail towards the enemy….the battle has begun.

And before anyone asks I did look it up...Sasquatches are very much part of D&D

The teams are stacked as follows...

The lizard horde..
3 hydras
4 sahuigan raiders
Charos
4 squads of lizardmen

The Elven Heroes

Syvarris
Moriko
Acolarh
4 squads of Quasatch hunters
7 squads of Warriors of Ashra
3 squads of Elven Archers.

Should be doing the battle either tomorrow of Friday night...cya there
Old October 26th, 2010, 07:21 PM

marroking1 knows what's in an order marker marroking1 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Skyknights Dungeon Crawl..Chpt III "Rumble in the Bog" 1

Wow that is one of the coolest Maps I have ever seen. Cant wait to see how it works out.

marroking1 is Major Q9...
in the DIAMOND CAVE[/URL]...
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:35 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Those hydras are gonna kill up the warriors...
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:55 PM
assistant leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Those hydras are gonna kill up the warriors...

I write the story based on what happens....if the bad guys win....well there are still four more armies assaulting the underdark so thats the way that cookie crumbles......

The two to one order marker thing though really is the great decider in these things. It is tough to do a ton of damage when your opponents get double the hits against you. Thats ok mind you...I want this to be like a saga so if the kids win then thats a good thing.

Last edited by skyknight; October 27th, 2010 at 05:37 AM.
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

This is an awesome idea! I did something similar, though not so elaborate, with my son a few years ago with custom Star Wars scape. I may have to do something like this again.
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Let me help you play with yourself!

Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby! Kaiyu rolls all skulls baby!

This is great stuff

If you ever want to assist your kids into the full dungeon crawl plunge, I've been working on a Hero leveling system, Heroes of 'Scape, that works seamlessly with Classic Heroscape.
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:06 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the maps and the stories about the fights as well! The way you weave darker and lighter colors into your maps really makes them stand out. It sounds like you are all having a blast with the adventures.
Old October 27th, 2010, 11:18 AM

ljuneau is surprisingly tart

Just found this thread. Great job, Sky. What a fantastic idea. Your attention to detail is incredible. Love the story, maps and fun factor.

If you ever published a PDF document of the story, maps and scenarios, I would be happy to pay for it. You'd deserve every dollar.

I love the way you used the tar and snow hexes as the floor to the dungeon.
Old October 27th, 2010, 12:55 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome, can't wait to read the battle report for this one!
Old October 27th, 2010, 02:13 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
The two to one order marker thing though really is the great decider in these things. It is tough to do a ton of damage when your opponents get double the hits against you. Thats ok mind you...I want this to be like a saga so if the kids win then thats a good thing.
As long as the kids are enjoying themselves...

These are awesome. I'm impressed beyond belief.
One question, how are the Heroes split up this time?

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 27th, 2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: I'm just waiting for my 3-year old to grow another couple of years so I can follow this example.
Old October 27th, 2010, 03:47 PM
assistant leader

Hey thanks everyone...it has been fun and I have many more room and battle ideas that will really stretch the rules a bit...wait till our local mindflayer takes on the heroes in a world created out of their own psyche and dreams... very excited for that one

As far as the break-up for the heroes armies in the elven invasion....

Team 1
Syvarris
Elven Archers
Qausatch Hunters

Team 2
Acolarh
Moriko
Warriors of Ashra

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios