Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old May 16th, 2022, 02:04 AM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Rectangular C3V-SoV cards, updated (2022-05-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Holy cow, you spent all day on these?

That's a ton of work.

I'll be happy to proofread these this week.
Well, I had to work today So my free time was only 4 hours.
Old May 17th, 2022, 03:42 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

That's a ton of work.

@mathguy

Correction PM sent.
Old May 20th, 2022, 12:02 AM
math olympian

mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla mathguy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:

That's a ton of work.

@mathguy

Correction PM sent.
Thanks for the corrections. They are fixed now.
(Of note, these typos are present in the "accompanying copy-pastable text" in the books.)
Old May 22nd, 2022, 06:22 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
(Of note, these typos are present in the "accompanying copy-pastable text" in the books.)
Yep, we've done this dance for years now.
@Just_a_Bill went through all the C3V customs threads last summer and did the same proofreading posts in the Books I've done for your rectangular cards--I never bothered to post my corrections in the Books, though. Shame on me.

I think the last Hero booster for Wave 23 will be ready in June--that would be the same 5-month gap boosters 1 and 2 had.
Old May 22nd, 2022, 10:24 PM
math olympian

I imaginee proofreading the pastable text and correcting in all the books is quite a task. No shame.

I'll check back in June.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathguy View Post
Yep, we've done this dance for years now.
@Just_a_Bill went through all the C3V customs threads last summer and did the same proofreading posts in the Books I've done for your rectangular cards--I never bothered to post my corrections in the Books, though. Shame on me.

I think the last Hero booster for Wave 23 will be ready in June--that would be the same 5-month gap boosters 1 and 2 had.
Old December 3rd, 2022, 05:15 AM

Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby! Grison rolls all skulls baby!
Question Re: Rectangular C3V-SoV cards, updated (2022-05-15)

For what it's worth, I've been creating Artscow versions of C3V/SOV cards over the years, and I have almost everything through the present releases. (There are a couple of gaps from the most recent releases, but I could fill those in.)

I am happy to share the raw images, Artscow links, and Photoshop files with the community, but there are a few reasons why I haven't yet done so:
  • My level of engagement varies over time, so I'm not always quick to create the latest cards.
  • While I originally used the same design as mathguy (based on Raudulfr Shieldcrusher's design, I believe), I have made some adjustments over time. As a result, my cards are not an exact match.

Specifically:
    1. I altered the hit zone area to make it slightly larger, as I found the original one just too small in the rectangular format (especially for squads).
    2. While my font choice is pretty consistent, I tend to vary font size and kerning quite a bit in an attempt to maximize legibility within the limited special power space.
    3. For the same reason, on crowded cards with multiple or lengthy powers, I sometimes alter the official text -- although I'm careful to limit changes to either 1) abbreviating long names and/or 2) omitting the full description of the Flying power.
    4. While I have otherwise tried to maintain the official text, I'm sure there are a few lurking errors.

Here are a few examples:

Spoiler Alert!

If folks think that these would be useful despite the above issues, I'm happy to share the full collection.

~ Grison

* Available: Confrontation & other minis for C3V units (various Varks, Cultists, Gnids, etc.) *
My Sale/Trade List
The Orphanage - HS Figure Exchange
(My available/wanted orphans)

Last edited by Grison; December 3rd, 2022 at 05:37 AM.
Old August 19th, 2023, 11:17 PM
math olympian

Re: Rectangular C3V-SoV cards, updated (2023-08-19)

Aloha all. How time flies. I just updated the main PDF with the 6 cards since the last update 15 months ago. (See first post.)
Old August 20th, 2023, 04:43 AM

@mathguy , I was just thinking earlier this week about sending you a PM on this year's C3V cards. You beat me to it. I'll get to proofreading these this week ASAP.

Thank you, as always.
Old August 20th, 2023, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grison View Post
For what it's worth, I've been creating Artscow versions of C3V/SOV cards over the years, and I have almost everything through the present releases. (There are a couple of gaps from the most recent releases, but I could fill those in.)...

<snip>
...If folks think that these would be useful despite the above issues, I'm happy to share the full collection.

~ Grison
@Grison , Do you know which ones you're missing?

Last edited by UtahScott; August 20th, 2023 at 08:00 PM.
Old August 20th, 2023, 01:48 PM
math olympian

Quote:
@mathguy , I was just thinking earlier this week about sending you a PM on this year's C3V cards. You beat me to it. I'll get to proofreading these this week ASAP.

Thank you, as always.
Actually, someone else beat you to PM-ing me about this year's cards.

And you're welcome.
Old August 20th, 2023, 08:03 PM

@mathguy , spellcheck PM sent.
Old August 20th, 2023, 08:30 PM
math olympian

Quote:
@mathguy , spellcheck PM sent.
Thanks for proofreading.
The PDF is now updated with the corrections.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs