Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old August 16th, 2008, 03:18 PM

STEALTHRULER is surprisingly tart
Lightbulb Traffic Damage - New Idea

I searched, and only saw one thread close to this, but it wasn't really the same Idea. Lets say I have a scenario where (made of asphalt) I have a street, and one side there's a store, and on the other is a, oh I dunno, a park. (I'm making this up as I go) So the objective in the scenario is get from the park to the back of the store (marvel ruin would work for the store) first, and you win. But there's a catch, when your figure enters a street space, (asphalt, or whatever you designate as a street) it must roll for traffic damage. 1-10 the figure is safe. 11-18 the figure recieves 1 wound. 19-20 the figure is DESTROYED. Yes low numbers are good for once. Thoughts? Here are some pics of how it would work.

EDIT : Technical Diffuculties. Will have pics soon.

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Last edited by STEALTHRULER; August 19th, 2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old August 16th, 2008, 05:44 PM

long shot is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Traffic Damage - New Idea

wow that sounds cool. If you had some toy cars you could wait until a figure recieves a wound or is killed. Then place a toy car like it hit the figure,then you leave it there for the rest of the game. So the more remaning figures get hit the harder it is to cross the road until you cant cross without an ability like flying.
Old August 16th, 2008, 07:12 PM

I forgot to add the flying thing. Maybe I could get some toy cars that are sizeable to the figures, and put them at the ends of the street. dpending which one your closer to, if your figure dies, the car take up the space. Making 1 more obstacle in the road. Your ideas are helping. I will make a map for this on virtualscape now!

My Customs My Maps
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." Ephesians 2:8-9

Last edited by STEALTHRULER; August 22nd, 2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old August 16th, 2008, 09:53 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHRULER View Post
I forgot to add the flying thing. Maybe I could get some toy cars that are sizeable to the figures, and put them at the ends of the street. dpending which one your closer to, if your figure dies, the car take up the space. Making 1 more obstacle in the road. Your idea are helping. I will make a map for this on virtualscape now!
I would also consider super strength as eliminating the risk of instant death from traffic damage(Would be rather silly for the Hulk to become road kill for example)

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:49 PM

That's true...I could put that figures with a height of (Insert hulk's height here) and higher are not affected as well. I'm too lazy to dig up the card and look...

My Customs My Maps
Old August 17th, 2008, 07:51 AM

omen20154 is surprisingly tart

Most of the Marvel characters wouldn't be hurt by a car. Now in the world of Heroscape that might be a viable game variation; however, I just don't see the Marvel characters getting crushed, or even hurt.

Now if you were gonna play it with Heroscape the I would suggest not using the d20 roll method. What I would do is the following:

Have some cars on the map. Keep them lets say 2 spaces apart. Now at the end of every round move the cars foward 1 space. Any character hit by the car recieves 1 wound. Froggerscape

I just don't like the instant death roll. Also this way would require more strategy. For example if your road is 4 hexex wide then most characters would require 2 order markers to move across it. Then you have to deal with unprotected units in enemy terrority.

I would also scrap the park scenario. I would have the road dividing the various teams. Mabye use the RTTFF bridge to simulating one of those high crossing things over the innerstate. The road and cars would be used as a tatical dividing point.

All in all very good ideas. I hope I am not being too critical of your thoughts, this is just how I would perfer to play. I think I am gonna build a map on virturial scape and see how it looks.

Last edited by omen20154; August 17th, 2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old August 17th, 2008, 11:47 AM

$$un is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by omen20154 View Post
Most of the Marvel characters wouldn't be hurt by a car. Now in the world of Heroscape that might be a viable game variation; however, I just don't see the Marvel characters getting crushed, or even hurt.

Now if you were gonna play it with Heroscape the I would suggest not using the d20 roll method. What I would do is the following:

Have some cars on the map. Keep them lets say 2 spaces apart. Now at the end of every round move the cars foward 1 space. Any character hit by the car recieves 1 wound. Froggerscape

I just don't like the instant death roll. Also this way would require more strategy. For example if your road is 4 hexex wide then most characters would require 2 order markers to move across it. Then you have to deal with unprotected units in enemy terrority.

I would also scrap the park scenario. I would have the road dividing the various teams. Mabye use the RTTFF bridge to simulating one of those high crossing things over the innerstate. The road and cars would be used as a tatical dividing point.

All in all very good ideas. I hope I am not being too critical of your thoughts, this is just how I would perfer to play. I think I am gonna build a map on virturial scape and see how it looks.
Yeah, Hulk wouldn't get hit by a car and just die, either would Spider-Man. Also, with most the marvel characters able to leave the ground for some reason, Traffic Damage wouldn't work.

I <3 noobs
Old August 17th, 2008, 12:25 PM

The fourth Tagawa Woo who?

I like the idea, it kind of gives a idea to city warfare. You could also create a city to battle in and the traffic damage could be used. You should also use toy cars flipped over, parked, etc to use as cover as if your battling in the city.

Think you got what it takes to create a custom for the new army in Valhalla? PM me your idea and it could be put in my fanfic. Here's a link. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=21965
Old August 17th, 2008, 12:45 PM

omen's idea was good, I really like it. All i need are some toy cars that would be sizeable to spiderman lets say. (he's the smallest, most like a human in looks) this way spiderman wouldn't get hurt by a hotwheels car. Those things are too small.

My Customs My Maps

Last edited by STEALTHRULER; August 22nd, 2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old August 17th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Ok I mentioned in the previous post that I was gonna make a map on virtural scape. Well I did and here it is. It requires 2 Marvel 1 ROTV and 2 RTTFF and 1 FOTA (for supports on the bridge). You cold condense it down to 1 Marvel and no FOTA if you made your own buildings and used other tiles instead of colums for supports of bridge.

Old August 17th, 2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Posted by Stealthruler
omen's idea was good, I really like it. All i need are some toy cars that would be sizeable to spiderman lets say. (he's the smallest, most like a human in looks) this way spiderman would get hurt by a hotwheels car. Those things are too small.
You could probably use printable paper cars. That way you wouldn't have to find toy cars at a 32mm scale. Depending on how many cars you were gonna use it might get expensive.

Old August 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM

I like the map omen, also, if you had 1 rttff amd 1 fota, couldn't you use the fota tiles for the sidewalk? Are there enough or do you still need 2 rtff? I'm gonna make one too, But I wanted to know how you post pics in your thread. I can make a link to my photobucket page, but how do I make the pics actually appear on the page?
Thanks!

My Customs My Maps

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles