Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 4th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
Doesnt the Starspawn have some kind of energy blast
I don't think so. Little is known about these things. I think in the C_O_C rulebook I had they could cast spells and are supposed to be like Cthulhu in nature.

It is strange because in the one story Cthulhu is in, he does not fly (although he has wings), so I don't even know if these things could fly.

They cause madness, but with all of the crazy creatures humans have been exposed to in Valhalla, I don't know that they would be fazed. I would probably save the madness power for Cthulhu himself.

Strangely enough, the only place I remember seeing the Star Spawn was in an old episode of the Real Ghostbusters named "The Collect Call of Cathulu".

The Ghostbusters run into several of these creatures in the Sewers of NY. They are shown grabbing and attacking with their tentacles. The Ghostbusters blast them with the proton packs and make holes through them. They seem dead, but quickly regenerate completely and keep coming after them. The Ghostbusters have to flee the sewers via a manhole cover to escape them.

It is a great episode of that show; although Cthulhu is red when he shows up at Coney Island for some reason and I don't think he had his wings.
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
Well I'll dig up any info i can find about he Starspawn on the Web becaubse I remember reading it somewhere

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 4th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
It is strange because in the one story Cthulhu is in, he does not fly (although he has wings), so I don't even know if these things could fly.
Cthulhu Wings are rudamentary according to Wikipedia,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old August 4th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:
I seem to remember reading that, but seeing a reference that he could fly between the stars (although his wings would probably have little to do with that).

So, what do you guys think, lose the flying on the Star Spawn and put some other power in or just stick with the two? I have not seen the Horrorclix card for this guy, so I don't know if they let him fly in the game.

These things are tough to kill.
Old August 4th, 2006, 03:11 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Common hero with 5 life?

If you want him to be a common hero (1 life) with regeneration ability, you could make it a 20-sided die roll like Defy Death or Stealth Armor. Then the points could come down depending on how powerful the regen ability is.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 4th, 2006, 03:20 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt
Quote:
I seem to remember reading that, but seeing a reference that he could fly between the stars (although his wings would probably have little to do with that).

So, what do you guys think, lose the flying on the Star Spawn and put some other power in or just stick with the two? I have not seen the Horrorclix card for this guy, so I don't know if they let him fly in the game.

These things are tough to kill.
My Cthulhu figure was made without the intention of ever giving it a flying ability, but I did think about a spawn ability a little like the AE's drop. That whole fly between worlds seemed a little more "magical" than wing oriented,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old August 4th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Master Custom Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Common hero with 5 life?

If you want him to be a common hero (1 life) with regeneration ability, you could make it a 20-sided die roll like Defy Death or Stealth Armor. Then the points could come down depending on how powerful the regen ability is.
With customs you can break the mold a bit, but yes it may be better to give him a powerful regeneration ability and bring the Life back to 1.

This guy definitely needs some work. . .
Old August 4th, 2006, 03:32 PM

ChaosChild has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosChild
Common hero with 5 life?

With customs you can break the mold a bit, but yes it may be better to give him a powerful regeneration ability and bring the Life back to 1.

This guy definitely needs some work. . .
I like the idea of common heroes with more than one life but, you have to have a way to keep track of wound markers. And its not like you are going to have too many of these guys at the current points. One life keeps it simple if not thematic.

Kumiko is not impressed with your sculpt, either.
Old August 4th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Master Custom Creator

I'll do a simplified revision 2 with 1 Life, modded regeneration and drop the flying altogether. I'll post it a little later.

If anyone knows of any other thematic power these Star Spawn should definitely have, please post it.

Do you guys like the "Star Spawn" name or is the Horrorclix "R' yleh Guardian" name more interesting?

I don't see myself fielding more than 1 or two of these guys with a horde of Deep Ones. Perhaps we can give the Deep Ones a bonding ability with the Star Spawn and some ability that improves their stats on water.
Old August 4th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
As requested...

Her name is Skeletal Maiden and the one I have is actually made of clear plastic with an orange tint.

Ideas for specials:

Lava Teleport...moving from one lava hex to any other with 1 movement space.

Flaming Touch...Marrden hound effect.

Fire Phasing Movement...move through everything...roll 1 attack against figures moved through.

Fire Consumtion...roll D20 - 16 or higher replace an adjacent figure with the Maiden.

Firey Darts...explosion special attack.

Flaming Shield...roll attack dice against non-adjacent attacks...count skulls as shields.

Just some rough ideas that could use tweaking.
Old August 4th, 2006, 08:56 PM

Widigo has disabled reputation
with an attack of say 5 and a deffince of say 8 (round numbers I would make them lower) then she would be weak to ranged attacks, or vise versa I like the idea. The rest seem nice. If you replace an adj. figure does it die.
Old August 4th, 2006, 09:08 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Annerios, those look pretty good. I was going to take a crack at making these into my first custom projects but haven't had time.Keep them coming!

What do you plan on doing with the zombies?

Fast or slow? Some sort of swarm attack?

Allskulls, I love the Fire Maiden. I'm pretty sure I know what you mean on lava movement. If it's what I think it is you stole my idea.

I hate collectible games, but I can't wait to get me some Horrorclix!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards