Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old July 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Custom Glyphs: New glyphs and old favorites 9/6

Only lately have I gotten into using glyphs in just about every game. I tend to always use random ones, with only a small pool to select from. Right now, I only use: Move +2, Unique Attack +1, Defense +1, Initiative +8, 20d +1, Wind, Thorian Speed. I also use some custom glyphs from this site such as 13 (20d -1), Fog (No Line of Sight on any figures), and the disrupt Bonding.

I just wanted to get the opinion (and thought this may have been discussed before) of a Counterstrike glyph, that grants counterstrike against normal adjacent attacks to your whole team while you hold the glyph.

Does this sound like it may be too overpowered or useless?

Also, if anyone has any new suggestions for custom glyphs. I've found a bunch of good ones through the search and Codex 4. But there is a pic in Codex 4 that shows many glyphs not discussed in the article.
Any relic of those?

Thanks
Old July 27th, 2009, 08:40 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
I just wanted to get the opinion (and thought this may have been discussed before) of a Counterstrike glyph, that grants counterstrike against normal adjacent attacks to your whole team while you hold the glyph.

Does this sound like it may be too overpowered or useless?

Also, if anyone has any new suggestions for custom glyphs. I've found a bunch of good ones through the search and Codex 4. But there is a pic in Codex 4 that shows many glyphs not discussed in the article.
Any relic of those?

Thanks
I have thought of this myself but decided against it. Range is already heavily favored by most and this could just make it worse. If I knew that this glyph was on the battlefield I would draft a range heavy army so that my units wouldn't be affected if my opponent got the glyph. If I got it, my range units would hold out even longer against melee attacks from my opponent. I saw it as giving yet another advantage to ranged figures overall. Now, if you made it Counterstrike a la Gurei-Oni, now that might level the playing field some. Of course, I'm no expert so take what I say with a large grain of salt.

HS Codex 4 does have some great glyphs. I am actually working on some now especially for a campaign game I am working up for my gaming group; they would be overpowered in a normal game though. Maybe after we play the campaign I will rework them for a normal 'scape game.
Old July 29th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thats actually a good reason for no counterstrike, though one could add fine print that says all figures with a Range of 1, gets counterstrike.
Or something along those lines.
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:48 PM

Zhoom45 Woo who?

My brother and I were thinking of a glyph opposite to summoning, sending.

Glyph of Grimtaash, Sending
Temporary Glyph.

When the glyph of Grimtaash is activated, you may roll the d20, on a 10 or higher, you may move the figure that activated the glyph or any figure adjacent to the figure that activated glyph to any unnoccupied space on the board. The Glyph of Grimtaash is removed from play after the d20 is rolled for sending.

I don't have a card for it, but we use this glyph sometimes. It can prove devastating in a castle seige.

Zhoom45 is every character in his own little world which no one has heard of, or wants to enter for that matter.
Old July 29th, 2009, 06:49 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Thats actually a good reason for no counterstrike, though one could add fine print that says all figures with a Range of 1, gets counterstrike.
Or something along those lines.
Counterstrike can be used more offensively then the way you're thinking of it though. One of the best uses of the Izumi is, in as few turns as possible, to simply engage ranged figures with a low attack values and not take (m)any more turns.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards