Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 11th, 2018, 06:00 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Yakuza Enforcer - Breathing Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Strategically, they seem like guys you'd never want to put an Order Marker on, just position with their free movement and then have them act as a deterrent to melee fighters closing in/hit those fighters from ranged attacks or act as meat shields with a possibility of wounding attackers. Definitely figures I'd want to take in bunches were I to take them (which seems thematic).
That's what I was going for, except for the bunches part. No problem if someone does that but I also want them to be good for tossing in just one or two into a larger build.
Old April 11th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sure. They seem like a higher level version of the Bodyguard in that way. But I think lower cost than 80 would be good to strive for if you want to achieve that. 40-60 range seems more ideal, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I like the first comic art, though it doesn't look that much like the mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd be cool with either Marvel or DC. Whichever company has done more Yakuza stories, I guess. Don't know enough about Crusade Comics to weigh in on that.

I could see them maybe needing a bump to 3 Life to be worth their points? Design seems like it's mostly in a good place, though. Might need a wording tweak here or there, but the mechanics seem sound.

Should they also move-bond with other Yakuza? That'll make things easier if the Yakuza develop as a faction, plus it lets you burn an early OM to move two, which is nice - I end up doing that with the Mutant Sidekicks a lot. Gets em a little jump out of the SZ so you have more than one handy for bonding.
I'm open to the 3 life idea, I was just trying to make sure their points didn't get too crazy. In my mind it would be cool if they came in at 80 points so you could draft Silver Samurai or Lady Deathstrike (both 240) + 2 of them (160) for a 400 point block. Then that block could either be put in opposition to or aligned with Wolverine (280) and Yukio (120) as another 400 point block. Silver Samurai & Lady Deathstrike along with 4 of them could also be a pretty fun army. Splinter (230) and Micky or Ralph (both 170) is another interesting 400 point block that could be fun to have them face down. Then Masahiro is 170 points so him and 1 Enforcer at 80 would be a nice 250 point block to build around. In the end though I'm more excited about the power set and it's mechanics than anything so I'm okay with what ever point they come in at after testing. I just didn't want them to end up being too high in price since so many of our Mercs are already pretty pricey (Deadpool, Deathstroke, Omega Red, etc.) and they are going to be filler for merc armies.

As for the Yakuza being added to the move bonding, Masahiro already has full bonding with them so I was just going to avoid the issue of bonding twice with him. I don't want to see them moving 9 spaces in a single turn and figured the wording to prevent that could get a bit too long and complicated.

Also just a FYI, I'd like to leave the free move bonding open so you could actually reveal and OM on Silver Samurai (merc), move one Yakuza Enforcer 4 spaces, take a turn with Silver Samurai, then take a turn with Viper (Underworld Contract w/Silver Samurai her one merc bonding option). I think that is still allowed here and if it is please keep that in mind if we try to introduce Masahiro bonding without double activating.
Fair enough on Masahiro - I think as long as we maintain a top-down aesthetic for the Yakuza going forward (where any other Yakuza leaders can interact with them appropriately as well), we can forego their movement-bonding working with Yakuza.

You're currently good as far as the intended Yakuza move -> Silver Samurai turn -> Viper turn.

I do think they're slightly better as filler if they come in a hair cheaper than they are now - I think 60 would be the sweet spot. It probably makes sense to just try to get the stats/powers right and let the points float up or down within the right range, though.
Old April 12th, 2018, 01:40 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I didn't really like Yakuza a a class for Masahiro Arashi and I still don't like it here. No idea why someone like Kingpin wouldn't be able to hire these guys, same as any other crook. That ship's probably sailed though.

Also not sure about the Suppression Fire - why are these guys only able to use their guns "defensively?" Like, end of the game, a dude is sniping you on a hill, and you choose not to shoot him because he isn't coming to you? Feels strange.

Otherwise, I do like the idea of some Japanese crooks, and would echo the Marvel sentiment because they're such a classic Wolverine baddie. If the Yakuza grow as a faction, it'll be in the Marvel universe.
Old April 12th, 2018, 01:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On the offensive use, it is just a tactical decision. The Mac-10 fires something like 60 bullets a sec., with a 30 round clip. They only have the one gun with the one clip, their main weapon is a sword. So they choose to reserve use of the Mac-10 in a defensive manner. It is just the tactics they have developed and learned to rely on. For the most part, if they are in range of a Mac-10 they are also in range for them to just advance and use their sword, saving the bullets for when they are being pressed and overrun. Notice their is not an engagement clause, so they can be engaged with one figure and use the Mac-10 on a second figure trying to engage and overwhelm their position.
Old April 13th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I see the logic for making it a short-term, one-use weapon, then. But I don't agree with the limited utilization for that weapon when it's fundamentally no different than any other gun in the game. The power is fine in a vacuum, it's just so far removed mechanically from how every other figure in the game works that it immediately draws attention to itself, and I don't think in a positive way.
Old April 13th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I personally like the 'ammo' mechanic.
Old April 13th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

How about a compromise:

Range 5

MAC-10 FIRE SUPPRESSION
At the start of the game, place a single grey Clip marker on this card. When a figure that was not within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer prior to moving moves within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer and is on a space where they could end their move, you may immediately remove the Clip marker from play. If you do that figure must end their move and you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. After attacking a non-adjacent figure, you must remove the Clip Marker from this card. If the Clip Marker is not on this card, subtract 4 from this figure's Range.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 13th, 2018, 04:05 PM
C3G Landlord

IDK, I kind of like the idea of them having different tactics than their American counterparts who are all guns blazing all the time. Different cultures, different mindsets. The gun is a useful tool, but the sword is still revered. That being said, I'll give it some more thought. If I gave them an offensive option for the clip though I think I'd still want to just use the d20 roll for 1W. Limits it to just 1W max, but can hurt anyone with it. A fair compromise.

I am going to go with the 3 life, 3 att. updates and will run with Marvel for the bio. I'm a little torn on the idea to drop the defense down to 3 only because I worry they will just get picked apart from range and never manage to engage anyone for the ruthless counterstrike move. They are only moving 4 spaces for free after all.
Old April 13th, 2018, 11:11 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Yeah, I wouldn't mind giving you the choice between A) using it as a regular power for a chance at an auto-wound or B) use it as a reaction. Unorthodox and still kind of wonky but I can live with it.
Old April 14th, 2018, 01:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Any thoughts on how to write that up? I started to try to make it a d20 roll once on offense or defense and it just seemed to get overly large and wordy. It's all ready fairly large and complex power with the stop them in their tracks W or no W effect and I'm not interested in dropping that. I'm not really sure it will be worth it either. Since outside of Masahiro, their only going to be move bonding and not attacking on their own, chances are much higher that you would use the power on defense long before you start putting OM's on their card. When bonding with Masahiro, he can boost their normal attack so that is going to be more attractive than a d20 roll power. As such If having an offensive option is really that important, I think I'll just go with Lazy's suggestion. I doubt I'll waste the 45% chance for an auto wound and the ability to shut down the movement of a melee attacker before they can engage for just one ranged attack of 3 (or 4), but I suppose it might make sense every once in a great while. Say you are facing an all range 5+ team then I'd use it.
Old April 14th, 2018, 01:22 PM
C3G Landlord

This is what I'm thinking of updating the SP with then. I went ahead and dropped the defense to 3 as well (which should keep the number of auto wounds via ruthless counter strike in check), but then returned the free move to 5 so they can engage ranged attackers sooner. Took Lazy's suggestion for giving them a offensive option for the gun, but adjusted the numbers to match the 4 range aura.

NAME = YAKUZA ENFORCER
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = YAKUZA
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 50-60?

MAC-10 FIRE SUPPRESSION
At the start of the game, place a single grey Clip marker on this card. When a figure that was not within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer prior to moving moves within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer and is on a space where they could end their move, you may immediately remove the Clip marker from play. If you do that figure must end their move and you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 10 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound. After attacking a non-adjacent figure, you must remove the Clip Marker from this card. If the Clip Marker is not on this card, subtract 3 from this figure's Range.

ENFORCERS FOR HIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Mercenary or Terrorist you control, before taking a turn with that figure, you may move this figure up to 5 spaces. If you do, you may not move any other figures with the Enforcers for Hire special power this turn.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE

When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if this Yakuza Enforcer is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

If everyone is happy with this then I'll call for the initial vote.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library