Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old October 16th, 2022, 02:19 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Frost Giant of Morh

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
A question for the FAQ. At NHSD yesterday, I think the last game ended in a tie with no figures left on the board. I made a post here, but basically with only Migol and the Frost Giant remaining, Migol killed the Frost Giant, who then proceeded to hit 3/3 with dying swipe to deal three wounds to Migol, killing him as well. I think that's the first tie I've ever seen. On a separate note, is there a points tiebreaker usually used for games that go to time?
Yes, tiebreakers are usually done by points left on the board, or sometimes by points taken *off* the board. There is partial-card scoring (points per wound inflicted) and full card scoring (point only count if the entire army card was destroyed). All of that is up to the tournament organizer.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 17th, 2022, 12:52 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
Quote:
A question for the FAQ. At NHSD yesterday, I think the last game ended in a tie with no figures left on the board. I made a post here, but basically with only Migol and the Frost Giant remaining, Migol killed the Frost Giant, who then proceeded to hit 3/3 with dying swipe to deal three wounds to Migol, killing him as well. I think that's the first tie I've ever seen. On a separate note, is there a points tiebreaker usually used for games that go to time?
Yes, tiebreakers are usually done by points left on the board, or sometimes by points taken *off* the board. There is partial-card scoring (points per wound inflicted) and full card scoring (point only count if the entire army card was destroyed). All of that is up to the tournament organizer.
I think a tie is an awesome result! It'll certainly mess up your win/loss percentage but that's a story to tell.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; October 17th, 2022 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Love the stories almost as much as the games.
Old October 17th, 2022, 06:18 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. I was asking if there's something beyond points to break ties? Like if one player has two stingers left and another has two greenscales? They'd have a points differential of zero (using either full card or partial).

And I agree a tie is a great way to end that story. If it was higher stakes (like ScapeCon/GenCon General Wars, Main Event, etc), I'd be curious to know how it'd be ruled.
Old October 17th, 2022, 06:52 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. I was asking if there's something beyond points to break ties? Like if one player has two stingers left and another has two greenscales? They'd have a points differential of zero (using either full card or partial).

And I agree a tie is a great way to end that story. If it was higher stakes (like ScapeCon/GenCon General Wars, Main Event, etc), I'd be curious to know how it'd be ruled.
Not to the best of my knowledge. Normally a tie is left as that for purposes of WL ratios.

This happened to me at a tournement. I played against my wife and the game when to time. After counting up points, we had the same amount remaining on the map. Good fun.

If it were the championship round of say, GenCon, the players might agree to a rematch. Smaller events held in a game shoppe may consider both players the champions.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old October 17th, 2022, 08:48 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Not to the best of my knowledge. Normally a tie is left as that for purposes of WL ratios.

This happened to me at a tournement. I played against my wife and the game when to time. After counting up points, we had the same amount remaining on the map. Good fun.

If it were the championship round of say, GenCon, the players might agree to a rematch. Smaller events held in a game shoppe may consider both players the champions.
Perfect - I hadn't heard of a tie before, so thanks for sharing that! Something poetic about getting to a tie with your wife.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units