Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Notices

Old August 1st, 2022, 09:34 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: 2022 C3V Playtest Tournament - Signups until 7/31

Round 1 is on Freezer Burn (Zawit, Unique, Treasure x2).

The Vydar_XLIII v. Dompredator77 pool of armies is:
* Do do do do do, Dora!: deathreavers x3, Janos, C'Rik, San Tiim, Bambina, Isamu, Otonashi
* I look once more, just around the River Tribe!: Mohicans x5, Kolbjorn, Himmelskralle, Marcu Esenwein
* I-Robot: deathreavers x2, Blastatrons x1, Gladiatrons x1, Major Q10, Patroller E-25, Zetacron
* The Mouth of Utgar: Marro Dividers x3, Nagrubs x1, NidHogg, Tul-Bak-Ra, Isamu
Vydar_XLIII chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Dompredator77 chooses who places first.

The Captain Stupendous v. Blue Trails pool of armies is:
* Betacroncan: Knights of Weston x3, Sentinels of Grax, Alastair MacDirk, Concan, Betacron
* Mad Dogs With Rabies: Woves of Badru x2, Werewolf Lord, Van Nessing, Kolbjorn, Louis 'Mad Dog' Malone
* Space Cowboys: Janos, C'Rik, San Tiim, Clayton Pierce, James Murphy, Kate Crawford, Louis ""Mad Dog"" Malone
* Danger Zone: Cathar Spearmen x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Betacron, Nakita Agents, Bol
Captain Stupendous chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Blue Trails chooses who places first.

The dok v. BodaciousBlood pool of armies is:
* Lizard with Kyrie Wings: Greenscale Warriors x3, Bambina, Maekor, Raelin (SotM)
* Cut to the Bone: Goblin Cutters x5, Nidhogg, Betacron, Marcu
* Now That's a Spiky Cactus... Now from range!: Cathar Spearmen x3, Nakita Agents, Drow Chainfighter x1, Motley Max, Betacron
* Tribesmen and the Mummy Slayer: Mohicans x5, Van Nessing, Kolbjorn
dok chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, BodaciousBlood chooses who places first.

The Dysole v. S1R_ART0R1US pool of armies is:
* If At First You Don't Succeed, Tribe, Tribe Again: Teeth of the Makwa x3, Mohican River Tribe x3, Kolbjorn, Brave Arrow
* Heal of Fortune: deathreavers x2, Saan Tiim, Ana Karithon, Laglor, Raelin (RotV), Heirloom
* Feed Your Pet Lizard(folk): Janos, Bambina, Maekor, San Tiim, Rygarn, Marcu Esenwein
* Eco-warriors of the 21st century: Greenscale Warriors x3, Zogross, Protector E-25, Raelin (RotV), Zetacron
Dysole chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, S1R_ART0R1US chooses who places first.

The kevindola v. Earthling pool of armies is:
* : Amberhive Protectors x5, Sujoah, C'Rik, Kira Jax
* : Dreadgul Raiders x3, Janos, Maekor, Wastewalker Gage, Guilty McCreech, Bol
* Nidhogg is my Mummy: Nidhogg, Crypt Guardian x5, Marcu Esenwein
* Explore with Raj: Ranjit Singh, Janos, San Tiim, C'Rik, Wastwalker Gage, Eldgrim, Bol
Earthling chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, kevindola chooses who places first.

The KnightofLight v. Grey Waves pool of armies is:
* Cron Brawn: Omegacron, Betacron, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Omnicron Snipers x2
* Peanut Butter and Javelin Sandwich : Greyspears, Swiftfangs, Arktos, Bahadur, Kolbjorn, Mezzodemons x1
* : Goblin Cutters x6, Nidhogg, Marcu Esenwein (drop 2)
* : 10th Reg x4, Betacron, Marutuk
Grey Waves chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, KnightofLight chooses who places first.

The ryguy266 v. Brean of Philly pool of armies is:
* Beta Grindset: Omegacron, Betacron, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Omnicron Snipers x2
* Bulk Up: deathreavers x3, Nidhogg, Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenvein
* Hounds on Patrol: Maarden Hounds x4, Raelin (RotV), Patroller E-25 (drop 2 spaces)
* 11 Lizards in a Trenchcoat: Greenscale Warriors x3, Janos, Maekor, Bambina, Isamu
Brean of Philly chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, ryguy266 chooses who places first.

The superfrog v. Chris Perkins pool of armies is:
* : Repulsors x3, Snipers x2, Betacron, Taelord
* : Marro Drudge x5, Re-Tak-Shi, Van Nessing, Kolbjorn, Seleena
* Challenge!: Greenscale Warriors x5, Bambina, Tandros
* Goliath Robots: Patroller E-25, Deathstalkers x3, Eltahale
Chris Perkins chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.

The Tiamat v. Sir Heroscape pool of armies is:
* Rolling with the Cronies: Omegacron, Betacron, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Omnicron Snipers x2
* Graveyard Smash: Nidhogg, Skeletons of Annellintia x3
* Kolby Jack Cheese!: Teeth of the Makwa x3, Zettian Deathwings x1, Kolbjorn, Arktos, Greyspears
* With soul or without soul?: Greenscale Warriors x2, Nilf, Raelin (RotV), Patroller, E-25, Betacron
Sir Heroscape chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Tiamat chooses who places first.

The MegaSilver v. Cleon pool of armies is:
* Hoggin the Skeleton Key: Nidhogg, Skeletons of Annellintia x3
* Kol/Cal of the Wolves: Quickblades, Swiftfangs, Greyspears, Darkclaws, Cal the Smuggler, Kolbjorn
* We Found Him in the Forest: Knights of Weston x4, Patroller E-25, Thorgrim, Finn
* We Found Him in the Jungle: Mohicans x3, Quasatch x1, Raelin (RotV), Kolbjorn, Brave Arrow, Eldgrim
MegaSilver chooses which army to play first or may defer. After armies are picked, Cleon chooses who places first.

Last edited by kevindola; August 1st, 2022 at 10:11 AM.
Old August 1st, 2022, 04:18 PM

Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby! Tiamat rolls all skulls baby!
Re: 2022 C3V Playtest Tournament - Round 1 until 8/15

Can someone remind me the timing of Zawit and lava? If a double-spaced figure is on both Zawit and lava at the end of a round do you have a dice-off to see which activates first?
Old August 1st, 2022, 11:01 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat View Post
Can someone remind me the timing of Zawit and lava? If a double-spaced figure is on both Zawit and lava at the end of a round do you have a dice-off to see which activates first?
I'd say dice-off unless someone who knows better comes along and corrects me
Old August 1st, 2022, 11:44 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
@dok @Dysole has a timing for OHS.
Old August 1st, 2022, 11:47 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Quote:
@dok @Dysole has a timing for OHS.
OHS rules are dice off.

~Dysole, informationally
Old August 4th, 2022, 09:00 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Playing with Earthling now
Old August 6th, 2022, 10:31 PM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Knight of Light and I are just about to start our game. I'm playing cutters + Nidhogg while he has my 10th reg army.

EDIT: starting in 1 hour from now due to a scheduling/timezone mishap

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old August 7th, 2022, 01:45 AM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Grey Waves and I just finished. I had his 10th, he had his cutters. Here is how it went down.

Round 1:
Grey Waves won init and the round was mainly posturing, I led 10th while he developed cutters. turn 3, I deployed one 10th to the furthest center 4 height snow to try and score some early damage on Niddhog. Skeletal form was cool, He blocked an attack of 3 (2/3 skulls) with 4/5 shields. I debated on shooting a cutter with another 10th, and ultimately deiced a kill was better than losing the init switch and an attack, but the 1/3 was blocked by the little gobo.

Round 2:
I did win the init switch and wait then fired at the bone dragon, but 1/4 was not quite enough to hurt the dragon. We traded casualties throughout this round, and the round ended with 16 cutters against 13 10th.

Round 3:
This round was strange. Grey Waves won initiative, and Betacron sprung into action hitting a 16 on his sentry mode power. This was only the beginning, as Betacron went on to hit 4/6 sentry mode shots this round which crippled Grey Wave's plays and ultimately led to his surrender by round's end. Sentry mode activating on both player's turns was huge as I could activate on his moment and scurry. My advantage grew as a 10th creeped to the right side of the board and landed a big 3/3 skulls into 1/5 shields on Niddhog.

Grey Waves surrendered with 7 cutters left, Marcu, and 2/7 Niddhog.
I had 9 10th, Betacron, and Marutuk.

GG Grey Waves that was fun!

Niddhog:
The big boney boy did not do a lot this game, but Skeletal form is a cool power on him. 5d (against range), 7l seems tanky but his offensive output in theory is lacking. Grey Wave's and I discussed how well a Niddhog lead could have gone, and the decision we came to was that his 4 range is the reason that would not have worked. The explosion is unique, but I would wager a different form of attack would be stronger. Not to copy Braxas is hard, so maybe even a 3 range double explosion like M.A.R.S. could buff him? just a thought. He might not need a buff, but in theoryscape land he could use a power increase I think.

Betacron:
I think this was one strange game for him. I would say he won me the game, so many of his sentry mode shots were super clutch. However, going 4/6 is really lucky. I like that the ability works on both normal moment and ability moment because anything that is good against rats is great in my book! There are not too many units affected by this so it is a cool thing that makes him more worth his point value in my opinion. As far as him fitting into the cron faction, I am on the fence about that. His movement power seems like it would be seldom, if ever used. Omegacron can already position him, so why would I need this power. I can think of too many scenarios were this power is not helpful. Maybe there is something I am missing, but as it stands right now in my eyes, this power is just taking up room on the card. A power that negatively affects soulborgs might fit better in the cron faction.

Thanks to everyone who has worked on, is working on, or will be working on C3V it is such a wonderful addition to Heroscape, and I know my friends and I will continue to play with these units regardless of how Heroscape 2.0 decides to implement or not implement the units they made. Seriously, y'all deserve a lot more credit and thanks!
Old August 9th, 2022, 06:10 PM

Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness Blue Trails wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Captain Stupendous and I will be playing this evening. He has my Cathars & Betacron army, while I have my Explorers & Lawmen army.
Old August 9th, 2022, 06:15 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
Captain Stupendous and I will be playing this evening. He has my Cathars & Betacron army, while I have my Explorers & Lawmen army.
What time? I'd like to watch!

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old August 9th, 2022, 06:35 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
What time? I'd like to watch!
Should be starting any minute now!
Old August 10th, 2022, 02:33 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Map: Freezer Burn

Army 1: Cathar Spearmen x3, Z'Thoth Mouth of the Abyss, Betacron, Nakita Agents, Bol
Army 2: Janos, C'Rik, San Tiim, Clayton Pierce, James Murphy, Kate Crawford, Louis ""Mad Dog"" Malone

Which units survived?
2 Cathar, Zthoth with 1 life remaining, Bol

I opened this game just slow rolling with the Cathar, while Blue Trails did a cautious advance of his army as well, using clayton and Janos each round. Malone and San Tiim were able to pick off a couple Cathar during their approach, but once they got within striking distance they focused Malone to make short work of the cowboy. James Murphy went down next, and by the third round the center of the map was a tangled mess of Cathar, cowboys, and Explorers. The Cathar were able to get some more wounds on several Blue Trails’ crew, but their numbers also started thinning following some strong C’Rik and Janos turns. Around this time I switched over to Zthoth, and BT got off a solid healing trance round (not sure exactly how many wounds healed, but probably around ~5 across all heroes).

However, once Zthoth joined the tussle he did good work, being able to mount the 4 height snow in the middle of the map where my last 2 cathar had also been holding their ground. From that vantage point he was able to finish off C’Rik, Kate, and San Tiim, while Janos disengaged to go start pinging the Nakitas still sleeping in my startzone.

With the explorers around Z’thoth in the middle dead, Z’thoth moved to the north to take out Clayton on his way to Zawit, picking up the +1 defense treasure glyph on his way there. Meanwhile, Janos had managed to kill all 3 Nakitas while I was playing it safe and mopping up the stragglers with Zthoth.

This put me in an interesting position at the start of a round where Zthoth was within one OM of Zawit, but nowhere near Janos. That meant that I was able to put two OMs on Betacron and the last on Zthoth. Betacron saw some action and rolled well, getting a skull on both attacks into Janos, but Janos rolled 2 shields both times to block and was able to kill the soulborg right after the 2nd OM. Not to worry, as Zthoth was in position to move onto Zawit and corner Janos next round.

During the diceoff for lava damage, Zthoth took his first wound, then teleported within striking distance of Janos. I won initiative, which let me engage Janos with Zthoth and do a wound. Janos disengaged and picked up the Giant Hunter glyph. During this round, Janos also rolled 4 skulls on his SA and Zthoth whiffed his 6D defense roll, which suddenly put Zthoth with a single life remaining and Janos with 2L remaining. Zthoth’s defense held after that however, and he was able to finish off the Explorer’s brave leader over the course of the next few turns.

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Sentry Mode: 0/3 (2 triggered by Zthoth; once by Janos movement)

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

I like how Betacron played here. Given the long range of my opponent’s army, I decided early on that he wasn’t worth developing in the early game. However, I still did manage to get 3 attempts at sentry mode in on Janos, with two of them being triggered by Zthoth’s Maddening Visage which seems like a very powerful combo, especially vs melee armies.

Version tested
Spoiler Alert!

Stats:
Player 1
Attack rolls: 75 out of 134 (55.97%)
Defense rolls: 68 out of 178 (38.2%)
Total dice rolled: 312
Time used: 1h, 12m, 41s

Player 2
Attack rolls: 67 out of 145 (46.21%)
Defense rolls: 43 out of 110 (39.09%)
Total dice rolled: 255
Time used: 0h, 52m, 45s

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting