Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 10th, 2012, 03:00 PM

DaCoda Woo who?
Basic HeroScape Customs ?

Hey There,

I'm only seeing master game versions of custom cards. What are people doing with the basic side of cards. I am looking into printing off some custom cards to start playing and I wanted to make sure that I could easily print a) accuratly sized, and b) two sided cards. The issue with this is that I do not see the other side of these cards.

Is there a community rule about adjust stats for a basic game? Are people just ignoring the basic game cards? I only ask because I am about to start taking HeroScape to local game store game nights to try and recruit some intrest in HeroScape and wargames in general. The master game might be a little extreme to just thrust people into.
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Basic HeroScape Customs ?

I love the enthusiasm here; but I do not agree about the level of complexity present in the master game version. The game is designed to be picked up by 8 year old children and played. Starting them off with the basic game may be worth wild for small kids but I think any adult worth their weight in cheese would prefer the strategy contained in the Master version.
I would love to see some custom basic cards as my 5 year old plays the master version with our local game shop crowd and might like to play the basic game on a causal level at home.

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

C3V creates a basic side for their releases to match the official cards. I've thought about it for my personal.customs, but haven't done any. I'm not aware of any other person or group that creates the basic side.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:21 PM

DaCoda Woo who?

Well C3V would be the first customs I'd want to reproduce. So that's great.

I am not going to debate the simplicity of the master game. I'll add my ocd as a second reason to want the backs for my cards.

I have one reproduced custom; a repainting of a Krav Magna agent that is a standalone hero in a red jumpsuit. She's at my other house. I'll post her name later. I never use her because her card is half the size of the others and only one sided. That just bothers me.

If I decide to use customs other than C3V's I will ask first and then make a basic side for them.

Now I just need to learn how to print correctly sided, double sided cards. I'll need to get a better printer. I think my mother can hook me up with an Epson to borrow.
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Your wish is my command, Chief Underpants Eater

ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness ibechief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaCoda View Post
Well C3V would be the first customs I'd want to reproduce. So that's great.

I am not going to debate the simplicity of the master game. I'll add my ocd as a second reason to want the backs for my cards.

I have one reproduced custom; a repainting of a Krav Magna agent that is a standalone hero in a red jumpsuit. She's at my other house. I'll post her name later. I never use her because her card is half the size of the others and only one sided. That just bothers me.

If I decide to use customs other than C3V's I will ask first and then make a basic side for them.

Now I just need to learn how to print correctly sided, double sided cards. I'll need to get a better printer. I think my mother can hook me up with an Epson to borrow.
As far as the printing goes, you should be able to print properly sized double sided images of the cards with ease using any Graphics Editing program like Photoshop or GIMP. Any normal printer will work just fine.

Edit: almost forgot about Magic Set Editor

“Have you ever hoped for something? And held out for it against all the odds? Until everything you did was ridiculous? "

Last edited by ibechief; October 10th, 2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: content
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

I highly recommend MSE. It greatly simplifies card making. When I first.started customs, I used GIMP for the whole process. I always had alignment issues. MSE provides a consistent quality and also automates a lot of steps. Drop down menus and automatic abilities reduce typing (and typos). There are Basic aide templates included as well.

Edit: I still use GIMP to edit the images and hit zones.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards