Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old November 16th, 2012, 04:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
The Book of Mok

The Book of Mok

Tyr's Advance - Heroes of Braunglayde

The figure used for this unit is from Mage Knight Conquest. The name of the figure is Iron Rain Hill Giant.

An adopted giant, mounted with steam cannons and manned by dwarves, he sweeps across the battlefield; he strikes the mighty with his axe as the two dwarven gunners on his shoulders mow down the common troops.

Faithfully, the rest of the dwarven army follows, ready in case a well aimed shot by an enemy fells a gunner.

Character Bio: It was mere chance that the master of arms of Clan Soranath and his companions came upon two fallen behemoths partly buried in the snow on Krona Peak. Roarin Stonefell stopped the scouting party when he heard mournful cries from underneath the massive corpses; digging out the drifts from underneath the bodies, they soon discovered a half-dead hill giant child.

Frostbite had already set in on the child’s extremities, and a branch had cruelly punctured his right eye. Roarin could see the child's pain, and his first instinct was to finish the job that the bitter cold had started. Yet under the heavy armor and leathery, ruddy skin beat a heart more tender than the dwarf would care to admit. He couldn't just leave the child there. Roarin knew what he must do.

Surprising himself as much as anyone else, Roarin took to the child. He named him Mok, after an old fable of a little mushroom favored by fortune. Through trial and error, Roarin learned that hill giants are slow to anger, but, once aroused, are just as fierce in combat as any of the greater giants. Once fully grown, outfitted with armor fashioned from a dwarven war wagon, different from anything previously designed by the forgelords, and a massive weapon of the strongest dwarven steel, Mok was a terrifying sight on the battlefield.

Roarin's voice was often heard above the din of battle as he guided Mok, leaving a path of destruction unlike anything in the history of dwarven warfare. "That's my boy!" the gruff dwarf would call out, and in response the giant would laugh with childish glee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog
DWARVEN GUNNERS
Instead of attacking with a Dwarf Squad figure you control that is unengaged and adjacent to Mok, you may remove that figure from the battlefield and place it on this card. There can be a maximum of two Dwarf figures on this card.

GUNNER CASUALTIES
If there is at least one Dwarf figure on Mok's card when Mok receives one or more wounds from an attack by a non-adjacent figure, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 15 or higher, remove one Dwarf figure from Mok's card and ignore any wounds.

GUNNER SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 3.
After attacking normally, Mok may attack with Gunner Special attack once for each Dwarf figure on this card. While engaged, Mok may target and attack non-adjacent figures with Gunner Special Attack. Mok cannot attack the same figure twice with Gunner Special Attack.
Just like previous powers that state “before moving” or “after moving and before attacking”, it isn’t contingent on actually doing those functions (you can choose not to move, just like you can choose not to attack). Rather, "after attacking" tells you when that special power takes effect during Mok's turn. Gunner Special Attack is an attack action which may either follow a normal attack, or may be the only attack of the turn. (dok)

Q: What happens if Mok dies while there are still dwarves on his card? Do they just go back on the board?
A: No, they stay on Mok's card.

Q. Is Mok a single-spaced or a double-spaced figure?
A. Mok is a double-spaced figure.

Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep: as Dwarf squad figures, Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep may help Mok's Gunner Special Attack and Gunner Casualties special ability.

Synergy Benefits Offered

- N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Power Ranking
Tough and capable of delivering a ton of damage, but his true price of over 250 (after loading dwarves) is a lot to swallow. B+

Unit Strategy Review
TBA

Last edited by superfrog; January 18th, 2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: added enlargeable card pic; apparently I can't spell "one" ;)
Old November 16th, 2012, 06:36 PM

beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker beholderthedm knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Mok

How are people thinking of handling order marker management? I imagine putting an OM on axe grinders before Mok so they can climb up on there. Then Mok rolls out, but do you alternate OMs in order to keep dwarves nearby as much as possible?

Trades

WoW customs - I'd love to get some awesome looking WoW minis on my Heroscape maps. Please lend me your expert advice.

My travel blog
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:11 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What happens if Mok dies while there are still dwarves on his card? Do they just go back on the board?

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old November 16th, 2012, 07:12 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
What happens if Mok dies while there are still dwarves on his card? Do they just go back on the board?
No, they stay on Mok's card.
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by beholderthedm View Post
How are people thinking of handling order marker management? I imagine putting an OM on axe grinders before Mok so they can climb up on there. Then Mok rolls out, but do you alternate OMs in order to keep dwarves nearby as much as possible?
I'd say most of the time:

2 OMs on each card, and for most of the time take a 2 turns with the Dwarves and 1 with Mok, depending on how close you are to the enemy. (AKA how many you can potentially attack next round.)

Really close to the opponent's key figure? Put the 2:1 ratio on Mok : Dwarves, so that Mok can do his thing against that figure, and have the Dwarves moving around to keep pace and deal with the opponent's figures.

Last edited by MegaSilver; April 16th, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
Old November 16th, 2012, 09:19 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I just finished an HoSS playtest against Arch-vile, and he was using this guy. He was a ton of fun to play against, and I think A-V was having a ton of fun playing him.

Spoiler Alert!

Congrats to C3V on putting out another great unit.
Old November 16th, 2012, 11:14 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great figure!

Our playgroup had been in the process of doing a custom for this figure and it is amazing how similar the stats and powers are. We even limited it a bit to keep the points in line with Jotun at 220.

We had a Dwarf Gunners type attack as well, but deleted the term "Special Attack" after some debate . . . RotV Rulebook, page 14, indicates that you can either do a normal attack or a special attack, but not both. We were in the process of just calling it Dwarf Gunners, which would have been away around the rule.

I'm just curious if there was this discussion with the C3V team as well. I don't mean to be bothersome, I'm just not aware of other figures who can do a normal attack and special attack on the same turn.

Our simple fix was not to name it a "special attack" as a way around the rule. It is all just semantics anyways, but one in our group had a hard time getting past the RotV rule book.

Thanks for the great work the C3V team does - we are big supporters of continuing Heroscape through your efforts and sanction all C3V units in our tournaments and game days.
Old November 16th, 2012, 11:39 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
We had a Dwarf Gunners type attack as well, but deleted the term "Special Attack" after some debate . . . RotV Rulebook, page 14, indicates that you can either do a normal attack or a special attack, but not both. We were in the process of just calling it Dwarf Gunners, which would have been away around the rule.

I'm just curious if there was this discussion with the C3V team as well. I don't mean to be bothersome, I'm just not aware of other figures who can do a normal attack and special attack on the same turn.

Our simple fix was not to name it a "special attack" as a way around the rule. It is all just semantics anyways, but one in our group had a hard time getting past the RotV rule book.
Well, and I'm not speaking for the C3V designers by any means, the ability for a hero to use a normal and special attack in the same turn is unprecedented. However, having powers on army cards break the rules of the game is certainly not!

Flying (ignoring elevations), Slither (moving through water) and Disengage (ignoring LEA's) are about as old-school as powers get in this game, and they all go directly in the face of the rules, so I don't see why Gunner Special Attack should be seen any differently. It doesn't alter the game in a way that breaks it, but merely allows Mok to bypass one of the games basic rules, just as the above examples.

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old November 16th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I just finished an HoSS playtest against Arch-vile, and he was using this guy. He was a ton of fun to play against, and I think A-V was having a ton of fun playing him.
I was. Mok was a bunch of fun; I didn't play him to his best though. My Axegrinders died too fast and kept taking wounds for Mok! It is so much fun controlling a huge giant, swinging an axe and shooting once or twice per turn. Mok really gives the "Event Hero" feeling while not being overpowered. Mok and dwarves would be a good army to take to a tourney or a great "Boss Battle" in a dungeon.
Old November 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post

Well, and I'm not speaking for the C3V designers by any means, the ability for a hero to use a normal and special attack in the same turn is unprecedented. However, having powers on army cards break the rules of the game is certainly not!

Flying (ignoring elevations), Slither (moving through water) and Disengage (ignoring LEA's) are about as old-school as powers get in this game, and they all go directly in the face of the rules, so I don't see why Gunner Special Attack should be seen any differently. It doesn't alter the game in a way that breaks it, but merely allows Mok to bypass one of the games basic rules, just as the above examples.

Exactly. Powers on cards break rules. This SA breaks the rule that you can only use a special or normal attack. With this one you can use both! It makes sense too, does it not?
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I assume Mok is a double based figure? Just making sure because his little feet could probably fit on a large single base.

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old November 17th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
I assume Mok is a double based figure? Just making sure because his little feet could probably fit on a large single base.
Small peanut, yes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs