Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old November 25th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Samuel Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
It's going to be up to the tourney directors, but I doubt either of those will be allowed at Gencon. You couldn't just sub in a Krav or a different Nakita for Skahen; you had to use her sculpt. I hate to be a Debbie Downer (that's a lie, actually; I love her), but I just don't see that happening in "official" tournaments. That said, house rule away!
I agree with Cleon that a 10th should simply be used. As far as units like Skahen, the difference is that for Skahen, Hawthorne, etc., actual cards were printed and figures made. Also, Scape was more available in stores. I doubt that tourney directors will really care in this case.

Old November 25th, 2010, 08:06 PM

nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby! nicktheant rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frylock View Post
It's going to be up to the tourney directors, but I doubt either of those will be allowed at Gencon. You couldn't just sub in a Krav or a different Nakita for Skahen; you had to use her sculpt. I hate to be a Debbie Downer (that's a lie, actually; I love her), but I just don't see that happening in "official" tournaments. That said, house rule away!
I agree with Cleon that a 10th should simply be used. As far as units like Skahen, the difference is that for Skahen, Hawthorne, etc., actual cards were printed and figures made. Also, Scape was more available in stores. I doubt that tourney directors will really care in this case.
Heh, even at Gencon I was able to sub in Charos as Sujoah.

Want to Re-base Your DnD Figures? Click here.
Old November 25th, 2010, 08:33 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I used Elite Onyx Vipers in the GenCon main event in place of a Venoc squad and wad allowed. I'd say you only have to mark a Mass figure to use Sam.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 25th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I could see 4 people going in together to split the purchase price of a pack of 4th Mass, paint all of 4 of the figures with brown coats, and then just divide them up. It doesn't have to be this exact figure out of the pack. That is, of course, if you can find them....
If you're hinting at what I think you are, then I'll definitely be one of the four to pitch in.

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old November 26th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by krysto2002 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I could see 4 people going in together to split the purchase price of a pack of 4th Mass, paint all of 4 of the figures with brown coats, and then just divide them up. It doesn't have to be this exact figure out of the pack. That is, of course, if you can find them....
If you're hinting at what I think you are, then I'll definitely be one of the four to pitch in.
Chas, Sheram, Kolakoski and I are going to do that with a repainted 10th Regiment (I will supply it, Charley with paint it, and those two will thank us ). It's basically the same thing.

Also, as someone pointed out, a person is not lkely to use both the 10th and 4th in one army, so just take one 10th as is and use it as Sam with the 4th.

Old November 26th, 2010, 01:26 AM

DWK9000 is surprisingly tart

Ebay has some descent auctions going on now for the wave 2 pack. I for one plan on repainting the sculpt from my 3rd sqaud when it comes in Sam is just to good not to. All you need is a little browan and white paint. Skahen all I used was a bit of black paint and bam
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:31 AM

DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker DrummerScaper97 knows what's in an order marker

I don't have any 4th at all. I'm going to be looking on Ebay to see if they have any of the "2 squads one card" thing so I can have one squad to keep and one squad to repaint (or attempt to).

Oh boy - grease up those hexagons!
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:53 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Trask View Post
Also, because Truth thanked Hextr1p for creating the card, it believe that this was done recently. We could ask (beg, cajole, etc) Hextr1p to change it to a repainted 10th. (Or even better, create 4 cards for the different 10ths)
Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. It would make for 8 different kinds of Sam, though... I still like it, it would make it easier and more accessible.
Make no mistake here, the sculpt on the card is the official one to use.

If you want to proxy in your home games, knock yourselves out but the chosen figure is the official one.

Also there is no going back to the well here fellas. This is the unit how it was intended to be released. He is a 4th Mass repaint. There will not be a 10th version or an alternate 4th sculpt version. This is it.

This is the swan song. This guy is recognized as an official unit with the sculpt depicted on the card.

--

Remember with "official" it is the sculpt that matters, not the paint; you don't have to paint a 4th to play this guy. If not painting, you will probably need some form of designator like you would use for multiple uncommons.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; November 26th, 2010 at 02:33 AM. Reason: * unless you are playing in the Texas Shoot Out, then you have to actually apply paint to the sculpt because Dignan says so
Old November 26th, 2010, 02:18 AM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerScaper97 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Trask View Post
Also, because Truth thanked Hextr1p for creating the card, it believe that this was done recently. We could ask (beg, cajole, etc) Hextr1p to change it to a repainted 10th. (Or even better, create 4 cards for the different 10ths)
Yeah, that's a pretty good idea. It would make for 8 different kinds of Sam, though... I still like it, it would make it easier and more accessible.
Make no mistake here, the sculpt on the card is the offical one to use.

If you want to proxy in your home games, knock yourselves out but the chosen figure is the official one.

Also there is no going back to the well here fellas. This is the unit how it was intended to be released. He is a 4th Mass repaint. There will not be a 10th version or an alternate 4th sculpt version. This is it.

This is the swan song. This guy is recognized as an official unit with the sculpt depicted on the card.
Exactly! He can't be official unless he has an official sculpt. Anything else is a proxy (which I use all the time).

Last edited by Frylock; November 26th, 2010 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Of course, I couldn't resist when I saw Mossman's awesome repaints...
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:07 AM

Looking East knows what's in an order marker Looking East knows what's in an order marker

So will this guy actually be allowed into tournaments then? Also, how much of your army can you proxy when you play at GenCon?

For instance could you take 4 squads of 10th and proxy them as 4th?
Old November 26th, 2010, 08:54 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

There seems to be some proxy confusion going on.

Proxies are not allowed at Gen Con tournaments period. You cannot substitute 10th for 4th, and you cannot substitute a 10th soldier for Sam anymore than you could use Parmenio as Spartacus.

You are allowed to use repaints, however. I was able to use EOV as Venocs because they're just repaints - the sculpts are exactly the same. Therefore, you could use THE 4th that represents Sam as Sam without painting him. If you played an unpainted Sam with the 4th, you'd have to mark him somehow.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old November 26th, 2010, 10:27 AM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Therefore, you could use THE 4th that represents Sam as Sam without painting him. If you played an unpainted Sam with the 4th, you'd have to mark him somehow.
Or you could go ahead and paint that particular sculpt, and sometimes play him as Sam, and other times play him as a member of a complete squad.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units