Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News
Marvel News Hasbro-released news, store sightings, etc. specific to Marvel HS

Old July 28th, 2007, 03:00 PM

Manchine has disabled reputation
How many Marvel Expansions do you expect?

New Guy here. I just figured I would ask this question. I already seen the new expansion. With FF and friends.

How many Marvel Expansions do you expect in a years time? I am actually hoping for at least 3. How many do they do for regular heroscape and how many do you think Marvel will get?
Old July 28th, 2007, 03:01 PM

Spark has disabled reputation
i think three and just maybe 4

All it takes is a Spark of imagination

my old avatar that no one liked.
Old July 28th, 2007, 03:12 PM

WeaponV has disabled reputation
Considering the original Master Set came out in 2004 (I think) and they have just released the Wave 7 expansion, I figure 2 expansion waves a year is about right. If we're lucky maybe 3. However, I think we'll see one around Christmas (already announced) and then another by June 2008.
Old July 28th, 2007, 03:29 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaponV
Considering the original Master Set came out in 2004 (I think) and they have just released the Wave 7 expansion, I figure 2 expansion waves a year is about right. If we're lucky maybe 3. However, I think we'll see one around Christmas (already announced) and then another by June 2008.
The Master Set released in 2004, and Wave One squeaked out that year. It didn't hit many areas until early 2005 though.

2005 saw the release of Waves two and three, 2006 saw four-six, and 2007 will see seven, eight, and Marvel One. Three per year and a large box wave is sort of the norm if one thinks of the classic Wave One as really entering the retail scene in 2005.

I think that from now on we will see two sets of Marvel per year plus two sets of classic, not counting the large box wave and any other special items.

I think that Marvel wave one is sadly going to be only two sets of five, unless they've got more figures up their sleeves for Gencon. There's just no way to divide those 10 figures into four packs without each pack looking insanely skimpy for 12.99. Perhaps if 6 more figures showed up....then each pack could have four figures. As a side note, I'd recommend the following six figures to round out this wave: Klaw (Black Panther's enemy), Mister Fantastic (to finish the team), Daredevil (to fight Bullseye), Mandarin (to fight Iron Man), one more mutant (so that Beast isn't too lonely....or maybe give him a true enemy), and one more Fantastic Four tie-in like Annihilus (to finish them off as a theme for now).

Ideally, I'd love to see three waves of classic and three waves of Marvel per year, but I doubt Hasbro will be that good to us! I can see Marvel releasing anywhere from 50-100 superhero figures for Marvel before they start dredging too deep.

My wallet hopes that all Marvel expansions are unique, and thematically I think that's best too, even if they do incorporate squads someday, which I think they should do....a unique set of Skrulls or SHIELD Agents would rock my socks.
Old July 28th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Best Marvel Role-Player ('07 CoNny Award)

Troll Warrior is surprisingly tart
As long as Marvel-Scape makes money, they will continue producing it.
Old July 28th, 2007, 03:57 PM

Location: Grut with the other Orcs ready to eat salted Baby preztels
BRUNAK has disabled reputation
A lot! *Says hopefully*

BRUNAK is Nerak in the PLATINUM CAVE!
Old July 28th, 2007, 06:37 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
See, every once in a while there's something that makes me want to keep on living. First it was seeing the rest of the Star Wars flicks. Then it was the return of a certain Timelord (I forget his name at the moment). Now it's seeing more and more heros released for Marvelscape.

I'm as excited as when Pringles announces a new flavor!
Old July 28th, 2007, 06:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Knowing there's two more Batman movies with Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale coming makes me think twice every time I step foot on a plane.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 28th, 2007, 08:46 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Welcome to Heroscapers Manchine! I'm glad my post back at HCrealms brought you here. For those who don't know, Manchine is a super old time member in the Heroclix forums, kind of like Grungebob here, and a supercool guy to boot. It's great to see you here man hopefully we'll see you often as I'm sure you'll enjoy this site.

As for your question, I would also predict two releases per year, but they seem to be small expansions, maybe only two booster per each.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old July 28th, 2007, 10:18 PM

Manchine has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse
Welcome to Heroscapers Manchine! I'm glad my post back at HCrealms brought you here. For those who don't know, Manchine is a super old time member in the Heroclix forums, kind of like Grungebob here, and a supercool guy to boot. It's great to see you here man hopefully we'll see you often as I'm sure you'll enjoy this site.

As for your question, I would also predict two releases per year, but they seem to be small expansions, maybe only two booster per each.

Which one were you.

Yes I will be here. I already am trying to figure everything out over here. Pretty much I have been looking over the Character Creations things. Even PMed a few people.
Old July 29th, 2007, 12:13 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
See, every once in a while there's something that makes me want to keep on living. First it was seeing the rest of the Star Wars flicks. Then it was the return of a certain Timelord (I forget his name at the moment).
I wonder Who that could be?

Quote:
Now it's seeing more and more heros released for Marvelscape.

I'm as excited as when Pringles announces a new flavor!
How do you feel about Doritos then? That Fiery Habanero is enough to make me forget my scruples and eat the disguised MSG that the FDA let's into our foodstuffs so we keep buying more. I know I'm being manipulated, and i don't care!

As to the question...I hope Marvel gets enough sets to make a respectable sized city when they are all linked. I still think this expansion will come with more city terrain, and nothing from ComicCon confirms or denies that suspicion.

Soberman

Now Playing Elvis 2nd to None

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel News