Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 5th, 2006, 11:36 AM

Point Blanks has disabled reputation
WARNING: Point Blank's Customs UPDATE: Deathadversaries

Here are some of my customs I have come up with.

Samurai Hero
4 life
6 movement
1 range
6 attack
6 defense
100 points

Honor Bound : Samurai Hero may not attack
Stealth Dodge:
Counterstrike, except it can be used against other Samurai

Basically, he is a glyph holder. With each unit I create I try to give them both positive and negative traits. With this unit, his defensive powers are amazing, but he only deals damage when your opponent chooses. If he is negated by Morsbane, he can still attack.

Gaia Soul

7 movement
1 range
3 attack
0 defense
3 life
? points

Combust: When you take a turn with Gaia Soul, you may choose to use Combust. If you do, increase Gaia Soul's attack by three. Gaia Soul does not take wounds from any other ability except Combust, and Gaia Soul may not be destroyed by any power that normally destroys him. At the end of every round in which Gaia Soul took a turn, place a wound on Gaia Soul.

Frenzy: roll the d20. On a roll of 16 or higher, you may take another turn with Gaia Soul

This unit is different, to say the least. I got the inspiration from him from a few MtG cards that have high attack with trample and haste, but are destroyed at the end of the turn. With this unit, you may kamikaze him into your opponents side of the field. Your opponent cannot damage him, or destroy him by any means. The only thing your opponent can do is wait it out until the Gaia Soul burns out.

Unique 3 Figure Squad: Dreadgulls

5 movment
1 range
3 attack
3 defense
90 points

Wild Warlord Bonding: may only be used once per turn.

Dreadgull Team Attack: Dreadgulls gain one additional attack die for every adjacent Dreadgull.

Berzerker Charge: You may use this ability only if your Dreadgulls are not adjacent to each other. Roll the d20. On a roll of 16 or higher, you may move again with the Dreadgulls.

These guys get to bond with Valguard, and have the option of sticking together for additional attack, or may be individual and try to frenzy.

Here are some Mages I came up with. Except for "Resource Mage" they all have:

5 movement
4 range
3 attack
4 defense
4 life
100 points

Most of them have their main ability, which is usually an attack, and a secondary ability that increases the effectiveness of the main ability.

Blue Mage

Gift of Magic: (max 4 magic counters)

Water Walk: If Blue Mage ended his movement in water, roll the d20. On a roll of 15 or higher, remove one magic counter. You may take another turn with Water Mage.

Water Wave Special Attack: 3 attack. In order to use this attack, Blue Mage must be in a water space. (remove X magic markers off water mage, where X equals 3 times the range of the attack away from the water space. No LOS is needed for this attack)

Red Mage

Gift of Magic (max 4 magic counters)

Foresight: Remove one magic counter. Your opponent reveals and removes his X order Marker.

Flame Ball: Special Attack, Range 7. Remove "X" magic counters (min 1). For every magic counter you remove, this special attack gains two attack. Your opponent may block this attack if he reveals and removes his “X” order marker. If your opponent does so, the unit that blocks this attack takes a wound instead.

White Mage

Gift of Magic (max 4)

Air Walk: Remove one magic counter. When moving up or down levels of terrain, White Mage may double his Height for this turn.

Air Strike Special Attack: Range 7 Attack 2. Remove two magic counters. White Mage may only use this ability if he has height advantage over the unit he is attacking. Every skull rolled on this attack equals two skulls.

Green Mage

Gift of Magic (max 4)

Grass Walk: Remove 1 magic counter. You may add three to Green Mage’s movement this turn if his entire movement consists of Grass tiles.

Earthen Strike Special Attack: Range 4, Attack 1. Remove two magic counters. This attack affects only small and medium units.
Green Mage must be on a Grass tile in order to use this attack. The defending unit does not roll defense against this attack.
Black Mage:

Gift of Magic (max 4)

Share the Pain: remove one magic counter. You may move one wound marker off of another army card and place it on this one.

Plague: remove two magic counters. Roll the d20 for every wound on Black Mage, and choose an adjacent figure for each roll. On a roll of 15 or higher, place two wounds on the chosen figure.

Chaos Mage

Gift of Magic (max 4)

Confusion: when placing order markers, you may remove one magic counter off of Time Mage. If you do, you may add one additional “X” order marker. You may use this ability only once per round.

Fake out: remove two magic counters and an “X” order marker on this card. Instead of taking a turn with Time Mage, you may take a turn with the army card that the “X” order marker was removed.

P s y chic mage:

Gift of Magic (max 4)

Prophecy: remove 1 magic counter on P s y chic mage. You may re-roll one die of a die roll this turn. You may use this ability only once per turn, on anyone’s turn.

True Prediction: Remove four magic counters, and place two wounds on P s y chic mage. On your opponent’s next turn, he reveals his order marker, and you take a turn with your opponent’s figures on that card.

Resource Mage

6 movement
1 range
4 attack
3 defense
6 life

Magic Build-Up: for every wound Resource Mage gives and recieves, place a magic counter on Resource Mage.

Share the Wealth: At the beginning of every round, remove one magic counter on Resource Mage and place it on an army card that has the “gift of magic” ability.

Blood Mage:

6 movement
1 range
2 attack
5 defense
3 life

Blood Magic: Every time Blood Mage inflicts or takes a wound, place a blood counter on Blood mage. Blood Mage gains +1 attack for every blood counter on him. (max 4)

Dark ki: When there are four blood counters on Blood Mage, Blood Mage’s range is 6.

Dark Strike Special Attack: Range 9 Attack 2. Remove one blood counters from Blood Mage.

Luck Mage

5 movment
4 range
3 attack
4 defense
4 life
100 points
Fate- At the begining of each round, roll three defense dice. For every shield, place a magic counter on Luck Mage (max 5) Roll the d20. On a roll of 1, destroy Luck Mage.

Barrier- Remove one magic counter. Luck Mage is unaffected by all Special Attacks this round. Your opponent may counter this ability by rolling a 19-20 on a d20 roll.

Energy Blast Special Attack: Range 6. Remove three magic counters and roll the d20.
On a roll of 1-5, this attack does one wound to Luck Mage.
On a roll of 6-10, this attack deals two skulls.
On a roll of 11-16, this attack deals three skulls.
On a roll of 17-19, this attack deals four skulls.
On a roll of 20, this attack does three unavoidable damage.
After the attack, your opponent may roll an attack die. If a skull is rolled, place a wound on Luck Mage

Gladiator
Human
Gladiator
Rebelious

5 movement
1 range
4 attack
3 defense
90 points

Defense of the Rebel: Every time Gladiator destroys an opponent's figure, place an experience counter on him. When Gladiator rolls for defense, add one defense die for each experience counter on him.

Gladiator #646253728
Human
Rebelious

3 life
5 movement
1 range
5 attack
1 defense
90 points

Extreme Toughness: When Gladiator rolls for defense, add two automatic shields

Deathadversary

Utgar DeathWalker Common Hero

5 movement
1 range
1 attack
5 defense
1 life
30 points

DeathWalker Hero Bonding: Instead of taking a turn with Deathadversary, you may take a turn with an adjacent Deathwalker Hero. After moving the Deathwalker Hero, place Deathadversary adjacent to the Deathwalker Hero that moved.

DeathWalker Defense Enhancement: When rolling defense for a Deathwalker Hero that is adjacent to Deathadversary, all Utgar symbols count for an additional shield.

Sacrifice: When a Deathwalker Hero is inflicted a wound, you may instead give the wound to Deathadversary.
Old October 5th, 2006, 04:31 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
Why does the Samurai Hero have an attack value of 6? It may as well be zero if he can't ever attack.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old October 5th, 2006, 05:46 PM

loseaturn has disabled reputation
On your dreadgulls, instead of their frenzy you may want to just give them basic Beserker Charge. That way they will benefit from Valguard's Berserker Charge Enhancement.
Old October 5th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Lots to read there, I like most of your mages, Gift of Magic is my favorite custom abillity, I love trying to come up with new ways to implement and you have some really really nice ideas there.

I lke the Black Mage, I think there needs to a range limit on the Plague, perhaps even adjacent. You could make it a slightly more potent version of the Marro Plague since there is only one of him.

I like the Red Mage.

I have a custom with Blood Magic

I sense a lot of MtG in your powers. Very nice.

Do you have figures picked out for them? Are you planning on making cards? You will likely get more response if you have cards. If you need help with that let me know.
Old October 5th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Another thing you should take into consideration is on your green mage. If he is on a grass space he has a 50/50 chance to kill a Deathwalker, you have to always keep their glassjaw in mind when coming up with special powers. A limit on the size of the figure that can be attacked with that would fix that problem.
Old October 6th, 2006, 11:37 AM

Megadev- I gave him that just in case someone uses Morsbane against him. a 0 attack without counterstrike won't get you that far.

Loseaturn- thanks for the 'berzerker charge' idea. It fits a lot better with Valguard, imo.

Nether- Thanks for helping me out with the Green Mage. With the size restriction it keeps him from being to over-powering against the DW and Brunak. MtG was a big inspiration for my mages. I love the concept of Gift of Magic, too. Thanks for coming up with Blood Magic, it's a nice mechanic. Sadly, I don't have photoshop or anything of the sort, so I cannot make any cards for these guys. As for the figures, I was planning on repainting some Mandarin HC figures.

How does my Gaia Soul look? I think there's a nice concept behind him, but I need to streamline his powers.

Here's another Mage I thought up, with a different way of gaining magic.

Luck Mage

5 movment
4 range
3 attack
4 defense
4 life
100 points
Fate- Roll three defense dice. For every shield, place a magic counter on Luck Mage (max 5) Roll the d20. On a roll of 1, destroy Luck Mage.

Barrier- Remove one magic counter. Luck Mage is unaffected by all Special Attacks this round. Your opponent may counter this ability by rolling a 19-20 on a d20 roll.

Energy Blast Special Attack: Range 6. Remove three magic counters and roll the d20.
On a roll of 1-5, this attack does one wound to Luck Mage.
On a roll of 6-10, this attack deals two skulls.
On a roll of 11-16, this attack deals three skulls.
On a roll of 17-19, this attack deals four skulls.
On a roll of 20, this attack does three unavoidable damage.
After the attack, your opponent may roll an attack die. If a skull is rolled, place a wound on Luck Mage.

I like the idea of getting your magic at a random interval. Barrier protects him from any Special Attack your opponent throws at him, and also protects him from the possible negative effect of his own Special Attack. While costly, The Energy Blast is a nice attack. There always is a risk with this unit, which makes it fun. Any suggestions?
Old October 6th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Site Admin

Quote:
As for the figures, I was planning on repainting some Mandarin HC figures.
Got any pictures? I've never heard of Mandarin HC, whats that?
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Mandarin is a wizard character from Marvel:

HC Marvel Universe and Xplosion sets:

Newb.
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Here ya go nether:

It's from Heroclix, actually a pretty cool looking figure.

smallboxgames.com
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Site Admin

Ugh....HC

Got it.
Old October 9th, 2006, 10:26 AM

Can anyone help me out with making custom cards?
Old October 9th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
There are 2 guides which can be found in the sticky at the top of the first page. One for photoshop, and one that is non-photoshop.

smallboxgames.com

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards