Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 1st, 2007, 01:18 AM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
Lotus' Supers - Blue Beetle - 12/16

Hey guys, this thread is for all my customs.

The following units have not been thoroughly tested. So please keep this in mind.

Marvel

Symbiote Spiderman Figure - Spider-Man, Sinister

Spiderman India Figure (This needs modded though) - Spider-Man, Critical Mass

Scarlet Spider Figure - Scarlet Spider, Sinister

Logan Figure - Logan, Clobberin Time

DC

I moved all my cartoon characters and such to their own thread. Makes things easier on my organization.

Cartoon and TV Show Customs.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:38 AM

Well here is a card for Symbiote Spiderman, please let me know how he looks. I'd like any ideas you can provide. So pick him apart, not really sure of the cost though.

EDIT: Look Up.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:40 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Hmm, by taking away his ranged attack and upping the # you need for spidey-sense, I don't think the increase to 170 points is justified.

Maybe if you kept the # at 11, he'd balance out right.

And I REALLY like the symbiote ability - makes for some interesting tactical decisions for your opponent.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:55 AM

Well I bumped up his Life by 1, his Attack by 2, and his defense by 1. The problem is Symbiote makes him a target. I mean, who wouldn't want their stats boosted like that. I lowered his Spider-Sense figuring that his ego would make him a bit less sensitive to danger, but not so much as Venom.

But yeah, not sure about cost at all. I haven't gotten to playtest him at all.

EDIT: I just realized Symbiotes rolls are backwards, it should be on a 1-10 Spiderman is destroyed, and on an 11-20 nothing happens, this makes d20 bonuses work in favor of Spiderman instead of against him.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:01 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Interesting stuff. I like how he's close to the original Spidey - but just enough different to let that Symbiote flavor really come through.
This is one of those guys where, if I contolled him, I'd be tempted to attack him with my own guy if he was near death.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:07 AM

I realized that would be a possibility as well, the downfall is if he is killed.

Hmm, I just realized a minor problem, I said when he is reduced to 1 life, well, what if an attack takes him from 3 to none, should I make it so that if Spiderman is already being killed the Symbiote can break off as well, that would just be one more little note. So 1 or less life? Or maybe 2 or less, gives it better chances of breaking off. Obviously the better chances of the Symbiote breaking away make Spiderman cheaper and cheaper.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:28 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
You shouldn't just change it to 1 or less life, because then the "nothing happens" line would get confusing, since if he had 0 life, something would happen, namely Spidey dying due to wounds.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:37 AM

Perhaps this then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbiote
When Symbiote Spiderman is reduced to 2 Life or less, roll a d20, on a roll of 1-10, Spiderman is destroyed and the Symbiote passes, on an 11-20 the Symbiote stays attached to Spidermans body. If the Symbiote breaks away, place the Symbiote token onto the card of the unit who destroyed Spiderman. This gives a +1 Life, +1 Attack, and +1 Defense to that unit for the remainder of the game. The Symbiote may not transfer more than once.
Now, is this clear? Should I ditch the last sentence since it is also explained in the sentence prior?

Any other tweaks?
Old August 3rd, 2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
When Symbiote Spiderman is reduced to 2 Life or less, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-10, Spiderman is destroyed and the Symbiote passes. If you roll an 11-20 the Symbiote stays attached to Spidermans body. If the Symbiote passes, place the Symbiote token on the card of the unit who destroyed Spiderman. This gives a +1 Life, +1 Attack, and +1 Defense to that unit for the remainder of the game. The Symbiote may not transfer more than once.
One quick question - "the card of the unit who destroyed Spiderman" seems a little off if Spiderman got destroyed on that D20 roll. I'm wondering if there's any better way to work that.
I'd say keep the last sentence. I made a couple of tweaks there - my changes in bold. It could probably still be trimmed down a bit, but I think this is a job for our resident Word Guru.
*sends up Hi1 signal*

Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:14 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
You called?

I am totally lost on this card. The abilities all refer to Spiderman, not Symbiote Spiderman, I believe this was just a typo? Also if you use Spider Sense and roll a 13 what happens? (1-12 nothing, 14-20 ignore wounds and Swing Line)

And Symbiote is the most confusing power, I just don't get what this "breaking off" you are refering to is. That said I think you should word it like this.

Quote:
When Symbiote Spiderman has at least four wound markers, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-10, Symbiote Spiderman is destroyed and you must place a Symbiote marker on the figures card who destroyed Spiderman. If you roll an 11-20 nothing happens. ANy figure with a Symbiote Marker on its card recieves an additional life and an additional attack and defense die.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 10:35 PM

Yeah, the Spiderman references were basically to save space, but I see how it could be confusing. The lack of 13, was simply a typo, it should be on a 13-20 you save, just like Spiderman.

Breaking off referred to the Symbiote leaving Spiderman.

Also the problem with your version is that the Symbiote is supposed to attach to the new host as soon as he takes the damage, which yours does not convey. If we can find a better way to word it beyond that, it would be great. Also I think it is important that is says "add 1 life, 1 extra die to their attack and 1 extra die to their defense." As official cards are worded in that manner.

Perhaps we can word it like this?

Quote:
When Symbiote Spiderman recieves his fourth fifth or sixth wound marker, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-10, Symbiote Spiderman is destroyed and you must place a Symbiote marker on the figures card who destroyed Symbiote Spiderman. If you roll an 11-20 nothing happens. Any figure with a Symbiote Marker on its card adds 1 life, 1 extra die to their attack and 1 extra die to their defense
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:41 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
If you word it that way, perhaps SS should start with the Symbiote marker on his card and let the marker boost his stats past normal Spidey?

Can the Symbiote marker keep getting passed around?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations