Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old August 12th, 2018, 05:04 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Book of Rocket Raccoon (II)

The Book of Rocket Raccoon (II)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 28
MARVEL COSMIC

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Gravity Feed set.
Its model number and name are #005 / Rocket Raccoon.

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy Starter set.
Its model number and name are #102 / Rocket Raccoon.

NOTE: Rocket Raccoon II requires 3x Glyph of Remotely-Detonated Bomb.

Character Bio - Rocket Raccoon wanders the Galaxy with his personal muscle Groot, the two have formed a close bond of friendship as mutual outsiders and oddities wherever they go. The duo's adventures have often landed them on the other side of the law, particularly with Rocket's penchant for taking things that don't belong to him, but since falling in with the Guardians of the Galaxy they seem to have finally found a home and family of their own.

Rocket Raccoon possesses the normal attributes of an Earth raccoon, including speed (which has been additionally amplified by his training), and an acute sense of smell, sight, hearing and touch. He is an accomplished starship pilot, a brilliant engineer and technician, and an expert marksman with the two laser pistols he carries as well as having an affinity for heavy weapons. He is a master military tactician and leader, attributes that help him take charge of the Guardians of the Galaxy when Star-Lord is unavailable. (Wikipedia)

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • Rocket Raccoon can use his extra attack from Ragtag Ringleader to detonate bombs using Bombs Away.

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Yodaking; August 16th, 2023 at 07:12 PM. Reason: png
Old August 12th, 2018, 05:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Rocket Raccoon II

NAME = ROCKET RACCOON

SPECIES = RACCOON
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STRATEGIST
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = SMALL 3

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 195

BOMBS AWAY
Start the game with three Glyphs of Remotely-Detonated Bomb on this card. After moving with Rocket, you may place one Glyph of Remotely-Detonated Bomb from this card power-side up on any empty space Rocket moved through or passed over. Instead of attacking, you may destroy any number of Glyphs of Remotely-Detonated Bomb on the battlefield.

RAGTAG RINGLEADER
If no Unique Heroes in your army have the same species or class and at least one Order Marker is on this card, immediately after revealing an Order Marker on the Army Card of Rocket or a Unique Hero within 4 clear sight spaces of Rocket, before taking a turn with that Hero, Rocket may attack an opponent's figure with his normal attack. If he does, and Rocket was not that Hero, you may only take turns with that Hero this player turn.

MOVING TARGET
When rolling defense dice for Rocket, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled. After rolling defense dice, you may move Rocket up to 3 spaces. Rocket will not take any leaving engagement attacks when moved with this special power.

FLYING

Last edited by Yodaking; October 9th, 2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old August 12th, 2018, 05:14 PM
C3G Landlord

For art, I'm going to try and match the mini, which has him wearing the orange jumpsuit.

Spoiler Alert!
Old August 12th, 2018, 05:24 PM
C3G Landlord

On background, since he's got the jumpsuit on I'd think a cosmic/space background would be cool. Maybe have him standing on a planet/moon/asteroid/space station platform with a galaxy in the background.

I also like the idea of him having the Milano in the background.

Or we could put him inside the Milano.

Old August 12th, 2018, 05:33 PM
C3G Landlord

I'll snap some pics today and post them later. I'll also review his bio on the first card and try to work up a slightly different angle. That may take a little longer to pull together.

As for the card idea itself, pretty happy with where it is. He gives the GotG build a 4th turn per round as long as their are 4 team members still in play. Some OM flex with his turn so he can execute his secret plan as he sees fit and take advantage of an opportunity when it presents itself. On defense he's constantly running around and being difficult to target. Then he has some bombs to play with and use as he sees fit. Take out a bunch of common figures for crown control, poke away at some heroes, or try to use all 3 bombs on one hero for one big blast.

Any thoughts from the CRB? @Soundwarp SG-1 @dok @Dysole

I was hoping to hit 215 for points, does the current design seem like it could be a good fit there or should I be testing him at a different point total?
Old August 12th, 2018, 05:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I HAVE A PLAN[/B]
If each of your Order Markers are placed on a different Unique Hero card you control, after revealing a numbered Order Marker and taking a turn with another hero, you may immediately reveal the X Order Marker on this card and take a turn with Rocket Raccoon. If you do, you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.
The more I read this power the more it looks too limiting...I mean it basically forces you to spread your OM around just to use your X for a one time sidekick turn. Which means if your army has fewer than 4 figures you can't use it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 12th, 2018, 05:57 PM
C3G Landlord

Well the GotG (Star Lord, Drax, Gamora, Groot, & Rocket) already need to spread their OM's around. One figure charging in with all the OM's isn't really a plan of attack for a team. They can lose one member of the team and the power still works, once you lose 2 members of the team though the bonding power stops working and the 'plan' starts falling apart. By then he should have used up all his bombs though and is just another shooter, which is why I'm still thinking 5 base attack here even with the flying and disengage on def. giving him HG fairly often and Star Lord potentially boosting him. Instead of multiple small attack rolls for an automatic weapon he just unloads in a big burst on one figure per turn for one big attack roll. Bonding Drax/Groot/Gamora with a ranged attack of 5-7 is a little better than sidekick bonding (ie. Batman & Robin). What I'm getting at is he can bond with some heavy hitters and should be a significant addition. Especially when he manages to pull off detonating all 3 bombs at once for 3 auto-wounds.
Old August 12th, 2018, 06:24 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I have the figure and can get pics here since I'll be taking on the card.

As for the design, as-is I'm not sure I'm digging it. The odd expiration on the usefulness of his first power is a bit disappointing, as it's essentially useless in smaller armies, or armies with higher costing figures. I like the concept of him going all out for himself instead of waiting on the others, but I'm thinking the current approach could be handled better. I'll try to come up with potential alternatives to consider.

It's more so disappointing when his bombs should be used up pretty quickly, thus leaving him only 1 real power to play with for the remainder of the game.
Old August 12th, 2018, 06:28 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Looking pretty solid here. I'm concerned he might be floating a bit higher than 215, but testing should prove me wrong (or right!). The cage comic art is nice and different and matches the mini you're after here.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old August 12th, 2018, 06:38 PM
C3G Landlord

I just got back from snapping the pics. So here they are if you can make use of them. If you prefer your own, that's fine too.
Spoiler Alert!
Old August 12th, 2018, 06:52 PM
C3G Landlord

As for his bonding power, I'm always open to listening to other ideas. If a better idea comes along I'll be happy to go with it. I'm just letting you know that I'm currently really happy with the theme and mechanics of the current power. That might change once I actually test it, won't be the first time that has happened, but conceptually I think it works well. The classic GotG team really could use some OM flex but I didn't want to just make him an OM dump, and his teammates are mostly pretty strong (Gamora, Drax, & Groot) so blanket bonding for them seems too good.

Start of the encounter, Rocket has a plan, he of course doesn't share the details of that plan with the other members but rather just assigns them all a task to complete (ie. OM's #1-3 on 3 different cards). As the plan unfolds, Rocket does his own unrevealed part of the plan (reveal the X for a bonus 4th turn) at the time and place most convenient/effective, it also allows him to adapt his plan to the changing landscape. If Drax fails to do his part successfully, Rocket adapts the plan on the fly, I love this quick thinking tactical genius theme here. As the battle goes longer, the initial plan may start to fall apart (less than 3 other allies remain in play), at which point Rocket's plan is no longer relevant, he just takes one of the turns available. The theme is strong IMO.
Old August 12th, 2018, 07:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like it too. Light but worthwhile synergy. And the defensive power is solid. Honestly I think it'd be a fun write up without the bomb stuff at all. They can just be the frosting on the cake.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library