Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old January 11th, 2023, 12:33 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: C3V/SoV Question Dump

Any hints on when the last Hero booster for Wave 23 drops? It's been a year since booster 3.
Old January 11th, 2023, 12:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Once we get the release numbers on the basic sides...
Old January 11th, 2023, 12:40 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
Any hints on when the last Hero booster for Wave 23 drops? It's been a year since booster 3.
You might say it's basically ready, aside from the basic sides.
Old January 12th, 2023, 04:20 AM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
You might say it's basically ready, aside from the basic sides.
So it's not basically ready...

Really, thanks for the clarification.
Old February 22nd, 2023, 11:27 AM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Have we got a Valkrill or Aquilla flagbearer in this collection, yet?

If so, is there any possibility of pulling them out in their own list on the INDEX OP?

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 22nd, 2023, 03:26 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
Have we got a Valkrill or Aquilla flagbearer in this collection, yet?

If so, is there any possibility of pulling them out in their own list on the INDEX OP?

~Z
Gothlok is a Valkrill flagbearer. No Aquilla flagbearer as of yet.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 3rd, 2023, 02:26 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What is the typical rate of release of new figures in the C3V/ SOV combined? I'd imagine that it would be slower than what we'll get with the new Renegade stuff, so the Heroscape meta will change faster once the new official sets launch
What was the rate of release back with classic Heroscape?
Old July 5th, 2023, 01:53 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
What is the typical rate of release of new figures in the C3V/ SOV combined? I'd imagine that it would be slower than what we'll get with the new Renegade stuff, so the Heroscape meta will change faster once the new official sets launch
What was the rate of release back with classic Heroscape?
I think release rate was around 1-2 Waves/Expansions per year.
Old September 18th, 2023, 07:08 PM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

I’m jumping back into this good ol’ world of Valhalla after about 4 years out, crazy how big C3V/SoV has gotten. I may grab some units but in general I’ll likely be sticking to original ‘Scape, will I be at a massive disadvantage? Or has the implementation of these additions been to where they’re as seamless as the original boosters were?
Old September 18th, 2023, 10:08 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey @Dunedain , glad to have you back!

Valhalla Customs (C3V + SoV) fits very seamlessly into Classic Scape. It certainly has fewer "broken" units like Q9 and Raelin (Cathar Spearmen are the big one). If you decide to stick to Classic in a tournament that allows VC you won't necessarily be at a power disadvantage, just a knowledge disadvantage.

I'd say look through them, maybe pick up a few that interest you and go from there. You can play the game however you want.

I'd look at Index of Books, and Dok's VC Inclusive Power Rankings.

If you've been out of the community for 4 years, I'd also recommend looking a few newer things. First the Wargrounds of Scape is the successor to the Battlefields of Valhalla as the best of the best battlefields. Second, look at Delta Points, which is a system of re-balancing all the units in the game so that most things are viable in a tournament setting. And third, heroscape.org the all-in-one army builder, partial card scoring calculator, map repository and tournament software.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old September 18th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunedain View Post
I’m jumping back into this good ol’ world of Valhalla after about 4 years out, crazy how big C3V/SoV has gotten. I may grab some units but in general I’ll likely be sticking to original ‘Scape, will I be at a massive disadvantage? Or has the implementation of these additions been to where they’re as seamless as the original boosters were?
It sounds like, perhaps, you are asking if there's been power creep. If that is your question, the answer is definitely No.

The old stuff is still good. There's just more stuff to go with it now.

Welcome back!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 19th, 2023, 01:55 AM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Hey @Dunedain , glad to have you back!

Valhalla Customs (C3V + SoV) fits very seamlessly into Classic Scape. It certainly has fewer "broken" units like Q9 and Raelin (Cathar Spearmen are the big one). If you decide to stick to Classic in a tournament that allows VC you won't necessarily be at a power disadvantage, just a knowledge disadvantage.

I'd say look through them, maybe pick up a few that interest you and go from there. You can play the game however you want.

I'd look at Index of Books, and Dok's VC Inclusive Power Rankings.

If you've been out of the community for 4 years, I'd also recommend looking a few newer things. First the Wargrounds of Scape is the successor to the Battlefields of Valhalla as the best of the best battlefields. Second, look at Delta Points, which is a system of re-balancing all the units in the game so that most things are viable in a tournament setting. And third, heroscape.org the all-in-one army builder, partial card scoring calculator, map repository and tournament software.
Ahh, that’s all a lot of help. Thanks! I’ll try to familiarize myself best I can, I actually like a fair amount of the units, but at this point some of them are as hard to hunt down as the original minis, and if I have to do one or the other I’ll go for the core game. Delta pricing is great, the purist in my doesn’t want to use it but it really does bring a lot of formerly useless units into the fray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
It sounds like, perhaps, you are asking if there's been power creep. If that is your question, the answer is definitely No.

The old stuff is still good. There's just more stuff to go with it now.

Welcome back!
That’s a great way of putting it, exactly what I was asking. Cheers!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs