Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old November 14th, 2022, 12:05 PM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Heroscape: Age of Annihilation is here! Back it on Hasla

A very sad conclusion to the "Heroscape is back" saga. It's a bit cruel that it was marketed that way, only to be trotted out already set up for failure.

Hats off to the creatives involved- When you inevitably see bummed out posts regarding the fate of the campaign, remember that not only is this not your fault, but you and the fans were largely all that was giving the campaign legs.

While I know this is the end for AOA as is, hopefully the powers that be recognize that it is impressive the campaign was even half funded considering the poorly handled campaign, and revive HS properly at some point.

I think the product itself looked inspired and excellent, aside from some personal small nitpicks- And while there are many that take issue with the price, I think most who actually look over the content will agree it is a fair offering. The trouble is just there not being a cheaper buy in option of some kind when the crowdfunding goal is so lofty and the campaign so slow to kick off.
Old November 14th, 2022, 12:06 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
In other news I have increased my pledge as promised. I will probably increase it again tomorrow.
Cross-posting. If anyone else has been on the fence about backing a set (or backing more sets) this is the time; and tomorrow is the last chance.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 14th, 2022, 12:11 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Really great work on unit designs. So many cool characters and abilities.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old November 14th, 2022, 12:30 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It was the play through videos that got me most excited for this to succeed. Seeing new official units in action was a lot of fun. Just like in the old days when a new wave was on the horizon and the cards would start to drop on the front page of this site.

Awesome job to all those involved in the design process. You can and should be proud!
Old November 14th, 2022, 12:34 PM

Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness Myriadite wears ripped pants of awesomeness

On another note, this has finally been added to BoardGameGeek's crowdfunding countdown page with a link to the Haslab. In case anyone over there has missed it, this is good, semi-front page awareness. Better exceedingly late than never, I suppose!
Old November 14th, 2022, 12:37 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Very Cool! Now maybe we have a chance.
Old November 14th, 2022, 01:41 PM

Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Strack9 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If everyone just doubles their order, we've got a real chance!

Take a look at my custom
Take a look at my map
Some thoughts on Drafting Treasure Glyphs
Old November 14th, 2022, 02:07 PM

EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker EricTheGreat1999 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strack9 View Post
If everyone just doubles their order, we've got a real chance!
not gonna happen. The goal at this point is to at least reach the midway point so that they (Avalon Hill) have a reason to start this project anew once the dust has settled and the project has been refined
Old November 14th, 2022, 10:12 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

KInd of "off" topic but maybe this is the reason HAS/AH had to use crowdfunding.

From Polygon

https://www.polygon.com/23458064/mag...tock-downgrade

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old November 14th, 2022, 11:08 PM

rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness rudyvalentine wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
KInd of "off" topic but maybe this is the reason HAS/AH had to use crowdfunding.

From Polygon

https://www.polygon.com/23458064/mag...tock-downgrade
Geez Louise! 39 Magic sets released in 2022, up from 15 in 2019. I can see why the Magic community is feeling burned out. And that’s not good for all the shops that rely heavily on Magic sales.
Old November 14th, 2022, 11:16 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Wow. I was talking to a guy a week ago and he was furious with them over what they’d done to Magic. Now I know why.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 14th, 2022, 11:36 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

And the current Hasbro CEO (Chris Cocks) used to be president of WotC before 2022… he’s just running things into the ground

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion