Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old October 20th, 2022, 06:56 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscapers that are published authors

Very cool. Grats.
Old October 21st, 2022, 10:40 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool thread! There are railroad tracks that run 30 feet behind our backyard. Since late 2018, I've been documenting the train graffiti on the trains the run past each day and night. When lockdowns and distance working went in effect in 2020, the occasional hobby morphed into a mild obsession.

When the lighting's perfect, I can get some great photos. Thanks to Adam Yeater and his Small Press Express YT channel highlighting his own self-published comics, I tried my hand at Amazon's KDP service and have released three volumes of East Bay Freight Graffiti and one volume of artwork: Key, Chain...Killa!

Thank you for allowing me to share my efforts here.
Old October 21st, 2022, 11:02 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Sounds awesome!

Old October 21st, 2022, 11:08 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
Sounds awesome!
Taeblewalker! Hey man! Thanks. I'm discovering graffiti as a pure art. I understand it's vandalism and I myself think it's a bit too much on buildings and such, but on trains, it's glorious, incredible, honest, profound, lowbrow, whatever! I obsess about trains, too.
Old October 21st, 2022, 11:37 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I read an interesting article about train graffiti about 10 years ago. I think about it every time I see train graffiti. The idea of putting art on a canvas you will never see again is intriguing.
Old October 22nd, 2022, 03:42 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I read an interesting article about train graffiti about 10 years ago. I think about it every time I see train graffiti. The idea of putting art on a canvas you will never see again is intriguing.
Hey, Agent Minivann!(back in the day, I remember you coaching volleyball. Do you still?) Agreed. A lot of time an effort and money only to watch one's spray paint creation roll away.
Old October 22nd, 2022, 08:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Hey, Agent Minivann!(back in the day, I remember you coaching volleyball. Do you still?) Agreed. A lot of time an effort and money only to watch one's spray paint creation roll away.
It's kind of like playing music, or baking a cake. Both are forms of art that you create, and then vanish. The difference with the train, though, is that the art lives on. You just are no longer a part of how it relates to the viewer. Pretty cool.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 23rd, 2022, 02:38 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Hey, Agent Minivann!(back in the day, I remember you coaching volleyball. Do you still?)
Still coaching. I've been at the high school I'm at now for 6 years. Just coming up on the last week of the regular season, and at least (probably only) one post season tournament match.
Old October 26th, 2022, 01:26 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
My book on ancient Roman sarcophagi (carved coffins) comes out from Cambridge University Press on November 25!

https://www.cambridge.org/core/books...08D06046554A57

The culmination of only 10 years of research.
That's awesome! Is this an adaptation of your dissertation?
Old October 26th, 2022, 11:52 PM
Emeritus Admin

Quote:
Sounds awesome!
I just discovered your western game book on earlier in this thread. Very cool and with a Grish cover! I need to pick this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It's kind of like playing music, or baking a cake. Both are forms of art that you create, and then vanish. The difference with the train, though, is that the art lives on. You just are no longer a part of how it relates to the viewer. Pretty cool.
Very true! Did not consider the similarities.

Quote:
Quote:
Hey, Agent Minivann!(back in the day, I remember you coaching volleyball. Do you still?)
Still coaching. I've been at the high school I'm at now for 6 years. Just coming up on the last week of the regular season, and at least (probably only) one post season tournament match.
Doing what you love. Excellent. Your blog is informative.
Old October 27th, 2022, 12:19 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhon2222 View Post
My book on ancient Roman sarcophagi (carved coffins) comes out from Cambridge University Press on November 25!

https://www.cambridge.org/core/books...08D06046554A57

The culmination of only 10 years of research.
That's awesome! Is this an adaptation of your dissertation?
Hee hee, yes!
I see you're a graduate student, Knox? In the midst of writing a dissertation yourself?
Old October 27th, 2022, 12:54 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds awesome!
I just discovered your western game book on earlier in this thread. Very cool and with a Grish cover! I need to pick this up.

The prequel is Sunset at Silver Creek.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books