Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 12th, 2022, 04:27 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Was hoping for a better reaction from Tom Vasel. He seemed really not interested, but he's probably going to buy it just because he buys everything lol. Not really the recommendation needed, and he seemed annoyed by the badgering to look at it.
Pretty sure the 1000 emails comment was a joke. I chuckled at it. I think he's very interested, but mainly frustrated over the lack of any info on the page. Hopefully AH will ship him a copy to review quick, but I doubt they can make that happen in the timeframe of the campaign.
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:28 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I think Tom's review was identical to my own feelings on the reboot.
1. Initially surprised by $250 price point but then mulled it over and reasoned it wasn't so bad after all.
2. Not thrilled with unpainted minis, but again not a deal breaker for me. I could use it as it's own standalone game or more likely in my case I'll go ahead and paint it so it looks similar to classic Scape.
3. Not thrilled with the Haslab page and wish they would show more stats and abilities for cards but again not going to keep me from backing, I trust it will be a quality product in the end given the team involved.
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:30 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
I am still a bit surprised by how many of the old Heroscape players don't like the new factions
I still don't know if I'd like them or not, but I'm hoping I do

Spoiler Alert!
I'm speaking from the perspective of aesthetics, because many people have been complaining about their designs and themes
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:33 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am still a bit surprised by how many of the old Heroscape players don't like the new factions

Spoiler Alert!
I'm speaking from the perspective of aesthetics, because many people have been complaining about their designs and themes
Eh, when you have a mish mash of everything, you're bound to have favorites and least favorites. Another reason that the old stuff worked well by letting you buy what you want. I specifically loved Samurai so I made sure to get all of them, even though they didn't really work cohesively.
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:33 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Was hoping for a better reaction from Tom Vasel. He seemed really not interested, but he's probably going to buy it just because he buys everything lol. Not really the recommendation needed, and he seemed annoyed by the badgering to look at it.
It was foolish to push it on him this early. The campaign page is rough, and his complaints were the exact same ones the community have had, so no surprise there. It would have been better off for him to weigh in and show it to his followers with maybe a week to go, as hopefully by that time positive changes would have been made. That's the risk you take launching something a quarter-baked at best.
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:34 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Pretty sure the 1000 emails comment was a joke. I chuckled at it. I think he's very interested, but mainly frustrated over the lack of any info on the page. Hopefully AH will ship him a copy to review quick, but I doubt they can make that happen in the timeframe of the campaign.
According to some on the AH discord, there are no additional copies to ship. Unless they were just wrong, it sounded like there's only the 1 copy and it's not indicative of final product since the figures were just 3d printed.
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:35 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My favorite factions are the Clockwork Combine and the Dawnraider Syndicate. If I could just buy those 2 factions and the buildings, I think I would be completely satisfied. As it is, I have too much terrain, and I’m busting at the seams with units.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:37 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!
Eh, when you have a mish mash of everything, you're bound to have favorites and least favorites. Another reason that the old stuff worked well by letting you buy what you want. I specifically loved Samurai so I made sure to get all of them, even though they didn't really work cohesively.

The master sets contained the variety thought, ROTV had even more variety than this new set.

I do think that there are problems with the construction of the Haslab and the set itself, but there are also a lot of positives involved too that still should be acknowledged
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:38 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Quote:
Quote:
According to some on the AH discord, there are no additional copies to ship. Unless they were just wrong, it sounded like there's only the 1 copy and it's not indicative of final product since the figures were just 3d printed.
Well, just email him the cards to test out then. He has the terrain and can proxy the figures. It'd be something at least.
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:38 PM

GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby! GamerDad74 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I am still a bit surprised by how many of the old Heroscape players don't like the new factions however; I'd understand if a Warhammer player doesn't buy this set because he doesn't like the clockwork combine, and I'd understand why a DnD player wouldn't buy the set because he doesn't like the Ironclad or Nemesis War Brood, but the variety offered here seems too fit the theme Heroscape has always held.
I'd have included traditional human pirates to bolster the historical side rather than only sci-fi pirates, but by and large this set still has the variety of Heroscape
Put me down as a veteran who doesn't care for several of the new faction designs (Of course we know NOTHING of their abilities. Thanks Hasbro.), particularly the Clockwork and Irondclad (I actually quite like the Lifeborne). I could try to explain the specific points of why but I think the best summation was explained by another earlier post.

It all comes down to nostalgia. These new factions do not scratch the HS nostalgia itch. My guess is that most of us who love Heroscape, love what Heroscape was, not what it wasn't (40K, Redwall, etc.). We are looking for more of the game, generals, factions, components, and synergies that we have been so passionate about for the last 17 years not a mostly new game (in look and feel) with the name "Heroscape" slapped on it.

I'll speak for myself when I say that initially, when the Hasbros said they were really focused on getting new players into the game, I took them at their word and was willing to bite the bullet with this mostly all new stuff (or terrain I already had).

But the more this goes on, I see they're not really trying to get new players (price point is ridiculous, no details about game), so that means they're really just trying to get veterans' $$$. If they want our money, they should take into consideration what drives the hobby spending of many middle-aged gamers--nostalgia for our childhood or early gaming years (Heroquest is a great example--and the way they launched it was purely nostalgia-based).

It's about nostalgia, as has been said, and Hasbro has missed that.
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:39 PM
...has moist legs

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spoiler Alert!

The master sets contained the variety thought, ROTV had even more variety than this new set.

I do think that there are problems with the construction of the Haslab and the set itself, but there are also a lot of positives involved too that still should be acknowledged
Yeah I think that's just a case of a $40 intro having a big mish mash and a $250 instro having a big mish mash. Easier to not care about stuff you don't like in the cheaper one. Don't think there's anything wrong with that.

I don't have any complaints over the minis, most look great. Love the hot air balloon. Just want to see what the hot air balloon actually does in the game before I get too excited.
Old October 12th, 2022, 04:43 PM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad74 View Post
The reason there's so much criticism, and even oft-repeated, is because the campaign is a flop of a campaign, there are a LOT of us who are passionate about HS and want to see it return, and we recognize that without some major adjustments like the ones we're pointing, this thing is going to fail. The longer it goes on, the more irritated we get. And yeah, I have every right to "gatekeep" if they want my $250--Hasbro doesn't tell me what to spend my money on, I tell Hasbro what I will spend it on.

This is ALL, 100%, on the Hasbros.

I don't even really know who they're marketing to.

Newbies? The ridiculous, all-or-nothing starting price point and lack of ANY pertinent information about the game tells me "No."

Veterans? Trying to sell us more of the same terrain and game components most of us have bins full of and forcing us to buy factions we may or may not want, and worst of all, hiding the SotM 2.0 heroes behind impossible backer totals, screams to me also, "No."

This says to me Hasbro is really in it ONLY to make money. This isn't a passion thing or a good will thing. And it's incredibly stupid because they could be making money hand over fist if they did this right.

I say keep the criticisms coming until they make substantial changes.
Hasbro’s blunders are on them. There’s no doubt about that. But this site is for building and maintaining a community, and mostly what I see here is just toxicity. I get that many of you don’t want to hear this, but you guys are responsible for your own attitudes and you’re responsible for how this place is perceived. That’s on you.
Glad to hear you aren't tone policing.

Btw you might want to get in touch with Tom Vassel and tell him to be quiet. He basically just quoted my posts nearly word for word, so if I'm a gatekeeper he's a SUPER GATEKEEPER!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion