Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Notices

Old January 4th, 2023, 08:22 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: What Were They Thinking?

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I don't think the sculpts really supported 2 Life for the other pirate squads.

Overall I was very happy with the level of fun and novelty and competitive value that the pirates brought to the game, but your experience may be different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Trails View Post
I don't think you're supposed to pick the Exiles or Knaves instead of the Dreadnauts. While the latter squad is certainly integral to the Dawn Raiders' backbone, 6 Lives/3 figures of bonding isn't always sufficient for the hero-heavy Pirate army. An extra, 4-man Pirate squad can be very useful for establishing board control and maintaining a formidable number of attacks per Order Marker.
I wish someone involved in the design process would speak to this issue.

Old January 4th, 2023, 08:38 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 4th, 2023, 10:29 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

If people want my attention they can tag me. I always check.

The pirates are intended to play as a tightly interwoven faction. Multiple unique squads can work with the same captain, and bond with pirate heroes, at the same time.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 4th, 2023, 02:17 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

So, it’s you!

I hear and understand you, but, If the sculpts of the Exiles or Knaves would not support two life figures, they should have been way less expensive relative to the Dreadnaughts, or given some other advantages to justify their price. As we’re proxying them anyways, I’m tempted to house rule them as two life figures - if the Gang will go along.

Old January 4th, 2023, 02:30 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, Kolakoski. I don't mean that disrespectfully, I just mean that my own review of playtesting revealed a different value from the one that you, emphatically, perceive.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 4th, 2023, 02:45 PM

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][/
Well met!

Okay then. That I understand.

FONT]
Old January 4th, 2023, 02:49 PM

Well met!

Quote:
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, Kolakoski. I don't mean that disrespectfully, I just mean that my own review of playtesting revealed a different value from the one that you, emphatically, perceive.

That I understand.

Old January 4th, 2023, 02:50 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I suspect that the Exiles and Knaves being 4 figure squads helps their value in comparison to the Dreadnaughts. The Exiles getting range once per round and the Knaves letting you activate 5 figures are certainly no small change.

The thing that sticks out the most to me is the Dreadnaughts having 6 move, instead of 5 or 4.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old January 4th, 2023, 02:50 PM

Well met!

Quote:

That I understand. And stand corrected, as clearly your opinion is more informed than mine.

Old January 4th, 2023, 04:54 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Having gone through a lot of work to prepare to play with all these AOA figures, I'd be hesitant to make changes in them before even trying them out a few times. Besides, if you see older Classic/Customs that you feel would work better, you can just use them after our next session, which is to get familiar with the AOA cards by themselves.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion