Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old May 3rd, 2021, 03:16 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: ScapeCon Map Contest: Deadline May 8th

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...5xYsfFhsY/edit

Here’s Chris’s map image and online board.

Last edited by superfrog; May 3rd, 2021 at 03:32 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2021, 09:56 PM

Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ulysses is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great idea for a map contest!
Here are my entries:

Gambit
Requires: 1 RotV, 1 TJ, and 1 VW

A hint of Fulcrum needlessly blended with a jigger of Fire Isles, the title really says it all as far as how this plays.

Cedrus Drift
Requires: 1 SotM, 1 RttFF, and 1 TT

A tight and bloody no-glypher for split SZ pleasure. Marvel at my Windows95-esque word art skills!

Love seeing all these entries cartographers!
Old May 4th, 2021, 05:53 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

My (first?) entry, Sauna, complete with minimal effort text graphic.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Last edited by NecroBlade; May 7th, 2021 at 09:20 PM.
Old May 6th, 2021, 12:17 AM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here are my two submissions!

Honor
Requires 1x RotV, 1x TT, 1x FoA

Desolation
Requires 2x SotM, 1x TJ

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old May 6th, 2021, 12:39 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

This map theme just reminded me..... Starzing Zone spaces can be located on Molten Lava hexes without the figures placed there imperiling themselves, since figures only roll for hot lava death when they enter the hex, not if they start already on it.

So I could envision a fun lava map in which the start zone is riven by Molten Lava hexes which are also part of the start zone. I.e., figures could be placed on those Molten Lava hexes at game's start, and those few figures would then have the option of moving off in either direction — but the rest of the (walking) army, which started on the non-Molten-Lava spaces, wouldn't have this option.
Old May 6th, 2021, 01:01 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
From What I Recall

Unless there's a map specific rule, you can't do that. Failed Negotiations triggers engagement strike so placing a figure on molten lava at the start of the game would immediately subject it to the rolls.

~Dysole, remembering a discussion about this among the OHS organizers
Old May 6th, 2021, 01:19 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: From What I Recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Unless there's a map specific rule, you can't do that. Failed Negotiations triggers engagement strike so placing a figure on molten lava at the start of the game would immediately subject it to the rolls.

I was under the impression that you can start on molten lave without rolling. I seem to remember playing on a map that used that concept back in the day.
Old May 6th, 2021, 03:27 PM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Discussion

I'll go find our discussion this evening and report back.

~Dysole, possibly jumping to conclusions
Old May 6th, 2021, 03:54 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Ohs has a standard rule that starting in molten lava is not safe, based on a ruling about Nagaland strike applying during placement. Those are consistent with each other but I don’t believe either is required by the rules. A ruling that initial placement occurs before/outside the game is also reasonable imo, which would mean safe lava and no engagement strike.
Old May 6th, 2021, 07:48 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Two submissions from me: I made six drafts, but did manage to cut it down to these two.

The Jabberwock

Build Instructions (with optional instructions for adding water to the outside)
Online Heroscape board

This map uses 2 BftU and 1 TJ, with 2 random glyphs. It is inspired by Typhon2222’s The Borogoves, and is named to reflect that.

Styx and Stones

Build Instructions
Online Heroscape Board

This map uses 1 BftU, 1 FotA, and 1 VW, with 2 random glyphs. All rock outcrop bases are used as shadow tiles.
Late to this, Superfrog, but I did have a thought about Water/no water. without the water, the glyph is really protected since you cannot shoot over empty space. maybe one water on each side? I just see a glyph that has to be cleared by melee only from most angles. otherwise, I think it is an awesome map and will probably use it in our tournament on the 22nd.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old May 6th, 2021, 08:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

You can draw line of sight over empty space, you just can’t count range over empty space. Adding water wouldn’t really change how range can deal with the glyph. But feel free to play it however you want, adding a bit of edge water shouldn’t make or break the map.
Old May 7th, 2021, 02:06 AM

I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by infectedsloth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post

I was under the impression that you can start on molten lave without rolling. I seem to remember playing on a map that used that concept back in the day.
Looked at it. Essentially if you think Engagement Strike/Braced Spear should take effect during the placement phase of Failed Negotiations then logically you should have to roll for molten lava. Like frog said, it's our ruling but I don't know if there's an explicit rule for it.

~Dysole, informationally

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games