Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old January 6th, 2016, 11:54 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Online Scape Season 23 - CONGRATS KEVINDOLA

Online Heroscape Season 23

This is a 2016 End of Year Championship qualifying event.
Games are played using the online Heroscape interface. Links to how-to-play videos below:
Spoiler Alert!
Using an online voice chat utility, such as Skype or Google Hangouts, improves the playing experience considerably.

Format: Hot Draft
  • For this event, each player will bring a draft pool. Rules for your draft pool:
    • Minimum of 1000 points; maximum of 1105 points (VC units allowed, no Marvel).
    • Maximum of 50 figures total for your draft pool.
    • No duplicate uniques.
    • No single card in your pool can account for more than 20 figures.
  • Each game, your draft pool will be combined with your opponent's draft pool to form one large draft pool that both players draft out of. If there are duplicate uniques, one copy of the unique card will be eliminated from the pool.
  • The winner of the dice-off chooses whether to pick and place first or second.
  • The person who picks first chooses one card's worth of figures and places it. Players alternate picking and placing a single card from the drafting pool.
  • For each pick, you choose a single card's worth of figures and place it on the battlefield (unless you draft Airborne/Rechets). All squad figures placed that turn must be within 3 clear sight spaces of each other and figures may not be placed on glyphs or adjacent to opponent's figures.
  • Players continue drafting until they pass or until they have no options within the 535 point, 20 figure limits. There is no 24-space limit for this event. Once a player passes or has no placeable options, their draft ends, and the other player may continue drafting until they have no options remaining.
  • The player who lost the dice-off decides which player automatically wins opening initiative. This decision is made after armies are placed and before Order Markers are placed.

The regular season will last four weeks, with one game each week. After the regular season ends there will be a single elimination bracket for the top finishers.

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

TG Pool:
Spoiler Alert!

Event Details and Rules:
Spoiler Alert!

Players in the event:
  1. belgarath
  2. Chris Perkins
  3. dok
  4. Dysole
  5. Jesus20456
  6. kevindola
  7. Kinseth
  8. MegaSilver
  9. mew28
  10. mtl1998
  11. vegies dad
  12. vegietarian18

Last edited by dok; June 30th, 2016 at 01:07 AM.
Old January 6th, 2016, 05:03 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Online Scape Season 23 - Hot Draft Signups until January

Notification for all 2015 players.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old January 6th, 2016, 05:57 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

So it's heat of battle? I don't see anything about starting zones in the OP.

Cage Match is one of my favorite maps ever. Looks enticing.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old January 6th, 2016, 05:59 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Basically

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

Yeah. We basically meshed Heat of Battle and Draft together.

~Dysole, hoping you join
Old January 6th, 2016, 06:08 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: Basically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post

Yeah. We basically meshed Heat of Battle and Draft together.

~Dysole, hoping you join
Some of us kicking and screaming...

Old January 6th, 2016, 09:09 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

I'll probably get in so I can see if I can extend my loosing streak.
Old January 6th, 2016, 09:35 PM

Congrats to @TreePowerz for winning the Ticalla Jungle prize for the 2015 season.

Please PM me your information on where I should send you the prize.

Old January 7th, 2016, 02:23 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I perform historically poorly in draft events like this. I'll spectators this time around.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old January 7th, 2016, 02:32 AM

jesus20456 is surprisingly tart

First time trying to play Heroscape competitively, should be fun
Old January 7th, 2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
I perform historically poorly in draft events like this. I'll spectators this time around.
Just an FYI, we are going to have 1 less event this year. Instead of our usual 6+ End of Year, we are going to do 5+ End of Year.

Old January 8th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

I want to play, but I'm not sure if I can. I don't think a draft is up to the balance standards that Online Heroscape has put out.

How? Well, let's say someone brings a draft pool with only a single strong figure. They could easily win games just by winning the diceoff. Now, the diceoff equalizer was invented to prevent these kinds of players from winning the event, but I'm just worried about the early rounds when the equalizer will not have taken effect yet. If I get outdiceoffed in the first round by some n00b who employs this strategy, I could have my online ranking decimated. This is not an option.

Luckily, there is a solution: Cut the Cake Draft! Cut the Cake is the famous solution to prevent players with unbalanced armies from winning in Bring 2, so it's perfect for creating balance here in a draft format. Both players draft an army, then the player who lost the diceoff gets to pick which one he wants. No more winning games by dropping a strong figure in your pool!

Now, the downside to this decision is that dok can no longer take advantage of players who mess up the draft. This is a hard thing for me to let go of, but I think it's necessary.

Can we get a hotfix to the rules to make it Cut the Cake Draft?
Old January 8th, 2016, 05:14 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I know how hyper-competitive you can be vegie, but sometimes we just want our formats to be fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events