Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old April 11th, 2018, 11:28 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
The Book of Yakuza Enforcer

The Book of Yakuza Enforcer

C3G MARVEL SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 65
FOR GOLD OR COUNTRY

Comic PDF

Mini PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Horrorclix Nightmares set.
Its model number and name are #032 / Street Samurai.

Character Bio - The Yakuza traces its earliest roots back to the familial samurai clans of ancient Japan, founded to protect their members from those who would oppress or exploit them. They have since then morphed into Japanese organized crime syndicates with modern operations engaged in protection rackets, extortion, blackmail, human trafficking, prostitution, and smuggling. Though not as wide-spread as the Mafia, there are well-established organizations in America, North Korea and Mexico, as well as in other countries and cities where the criminal underworld can thrive, such as Madripoor. They have crossed paths with many of the worlds heroes and villains, such as the Wolverine, Viper, and the Silver Samurai, and have found that hiring themselves out as additional muscle for those operating in their sphere of influence can be a lucrative business model.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Revealing an Order Marker on the card of a Mercenary, Terrorist, or Yakuza Hero you control allows you to take a turn with one Yakuza Enforcer via the Enforcer for Hire special power.
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Arkham; March 11th, 2022 at 06:34 PM.
Old April 11th, 2018, 11:32 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Yakuza Enforcer - Breathing Period

NAME = YAKUZA ENFORCER
SECRET IDENTITY = NONE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = YAKUZA
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5
LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 65

MAC-10 FIRE SUPPRESSION
Start the game with a gray Clip Marker on this card. While the Clip Marker is on this card, add 3 to this Yakuza Enforcer's Range. After attacking a non-adjacent figure, you must remove the Clip Marker from this card. When a figure that was not within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer prior to moving enters a space within 4 clear sight spaces of this Yakuza Enforcer where it could end its movement, you may immediately remove the Clip Marker from this card. If you do, that figure must end its movement and you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 10 or higher, the figure receives 1 wound.

ENFORCER FOR HIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on the card of another Unique Hero you control that is a Mercenary, Terrorist, or Yakuza and taking a turn with only that card, you may take an immediate turn with this Yakuza Enforcer. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

RUTHLESS COUNTER STRIKE
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack from an adjacent attacking figure, if this Yakuza Enforcer is not destroyed by this attack, all skulls rolled count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

Last edited by Yodaking; March 8th, 2022 at 05:33 PM.
Old April 11th, 2018, 11:51 AM
C3G Landlord

Alright I'm breaking out of my one design at a time routine here. An old design concept that I've been refining in the public thread over the last couple of weeks so I'm feeling pretty good about where it is at. Still could use some input on a few things though.

Marvel, DC, or Crusader Comics?
When I first saw this mini my initial thought was that they looked like guys who would be working for the Silver Samurai in some capacity. I read several Wolverine in Madripoor comics growing up and they also seemed like a good fit for that corner of the world. As such I started out thinking they would be a Marvel branded figure. That being said, the only other Yakuza card we have is from Crusader Comics so that too could be a good fit for them since they are fairly generic in nature. I'm not really familiar with the Crusader Comics stuff though so that is just a guess on my part. Then I just happened to stumble across the character of Catseye from DC comics who is a Yakuza Enforcer that appears in some Suicide Squad issues. Does anyone have any plans for him and think these guys should be DC comics units as a result? The bio will be fairly generic on theme but I can tailor it to fit the comic world we are going to say they hail from.

Comic Art?
Since they are generic uncommon figures that could be pulled from 3 different comic sources, they don't have any set in stone art work. I may need some help finding good options that are not of some named character that I'm not familiar with. I'll post up some ideas but be sure to let me know if they are art of 'known' characters and if you have any art ideas of your own please contribute.

Synergy Links
I generally try to copy and paste established synergy from other threads where I can, but it looks like they will generate some new ones. I believe Masahiro Arashi is the only other Yakuza, and can bond with other Yakuza so outgoing and incoming synergy between those two. Then Merc and Terrorist synergy updates.
Old April 11th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd be cool with either Marvel or DC. Whichever company has done more Yakuza stories, I guess. Don't know enough about Crusade Comics to weigh in on that.

I could see them maybe needing a bump to 3 Life to be worth their points? Design seems like it's mostly in a good place, though. Might need a wording tweak here or there, but the mechanics seem sound.

Should they also move-bond with other Yakuza? That'll make things easier if the Yakuza develop as a faction, plus it lets you burn an early OM to move two, which is nice - I end up doing that with the Mutant Sidekicks a lot. Gets em a little jump out of the SZ so you have more than one handy for bonding.
Old April 11th, 2018, 12:10 PM
C3G Landlord

I'll get pics up as I have the mini. Thinking a modern day Japan image for the background. Plan is to slot them in with Viper for a booster, so if anyone has any mercenary or terrorist cards in mind we have a booster than needs to get filled up. Was wondering if any of the Mortal Combat figures might be a good fit for the booster?
Old April 11th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'll get pics up as I have the mini. Thinking a modern day Japan image for the background. Plan is to slot them in with Viper for a booster, so if anyone has any mercenary or terrorist cards in mind we have a booster than needs to get filled up. Was wondering if any of the Mortal Combat figures might be a good fit for the booster?
Kano?

I'm definitely planning to try to get my Madripoor Mercs into that, and possibly my own Unique Yakuza Squad. Crossbones I'll try to get in, but honestly, I'm not really holding onto him as tightly anymore, and I'm not sure if I'll have time for him with my other priorities - if anyone else wants to take him over, I'm open to it.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 11th, 2018, 12:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Kano?

I'm definitely planning to try to get my Madripoor Mercs into that, and possibly my own Unique Yakuza Squad. Crossbones I'll try to get in, but honestly, I'm not really holding onto him as tightly anymore, and I'm not sure if I'll have time for him with my other priorities - if anyone else wants to take him over, I'm open to it.
I may take him back from you then. I gave him to you because I thought you'd get to him before I did.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 11th, 2018, 12:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd be cool with either Marvel or DC. Whichever company has done more Yakuza stories, I guess. Don't know enough about Crusade Comics to weigh in on that.

I could see them maybe needing a bump to 3 Life to be worth their points? Design seems like it's mostly in a good place, though. Might need a wording tweak here or there, but the mechanics seem sound.

Should they also move-bond with other Yakuza? That'll make things easier if the Yakuza develop as a faction, plus it lets you burn an early OM to move two, which is nice - I end up doing that with the Mutant Sidekicks a lot. Gets em a little jump out of the SZ so you have more than one handy for bonding.
I'm open to the 3 life idea, I was just trying to make sure their points didn't get too crazy. In my mind it would be cool if they came in at 80 points so you could draft Silver Samurai or Lady Deathstrike (both 240) + 2 of them (160) for a 400 point block. Then that block could either be put in opposition to or aligned with Wolverine (280) and Yukio (120) as another 400 point block. Silver Samurai & Lady Deathstrike along with 4 of them could also be a pretty fun army. Splinter (230) and Micky or Ralph (both 170) is another interesting 400 point block that could be fun to have them face down. Then Masahiro is 170 points so him and 1 Enforcer at 80 would be a nice 250 point block to build around. In the end though I'm more excited about the power set and it's mechanics than anything so I'm okay with what ever point they come in at after testing. I just didn't want them to end up being too high in price since so many of our Mercs are already pretty pricey (Deadpool, Deathstroke, Omega Red, etc.) and they are going to be filler for merc armies.

As for the Yakuza being added to the move bonding, Masahiro already has full bonding with them so I was just going to avoid the issue of bonding twice with him. I don't want to see them moving 9 spaces in a single turn and figured the wording to prevent that could get a bit too long and complicated.

Also just a FYI, I'd like to leave the free move bonding open so you could actually reveal and OM on Silver Samurai (merc), move one Yakuza Enforcer 4 spaces, take a turn with Silver Samurai, then take a turn with Viper (Underworld Contract w/Silver Samurai her one merc bonding option). I think that is still allowed here and if it is please keep that in mind if we try to introduce Masahiro bonding without double activating.
Old April 11th, 2018, 12:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Two Comic Art options when I searched for Yakuza:

Just the guy on the left here:

Lots of options when I searched for Street Samurai:

Any of these not work for any reason? Preferences? Should I keep looking?

Pretty sure the one with the motorcycle helmet is suppose to be the bride from Kill Bill, but it looks pretty sweet to me and has the gun/sword combo the mini has.
Old April 11th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Kano?

I may take him back from you then. I gave him to you because I thought you'd get to him before I did.
Yeah, sorry about that - at the time I took him off you, I did as well. That was early into my time as a Sidekick when I had very few plans floating around, and I have a lot more now, so...

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 11th, 2018, 05:07 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Personally, I associate the Yakuza more with Marvel (Daredevil, Wolverine, Iron Fist) than DC.

I'd consider doing the at 3 life and 3 attack and 3 defense. Puts them more in line with Hand Ninja, which they shouldn't be outclassing, IMO, and still lets Ruthless Counterstrike work due to the higher life. Also should possibly lower their overall cost, and I think these are guys you'd want to spam, if possible, to take advantage of the area control you get from Mac-10 Suppression and Ruthless Counterstrike.

Strategically, they seem like guys you'd never want to put an Order Marker on, just position with their free movement and then have them act as a deterrent to melee fighters closing in/hit those fighters from ranged attacks or act as meat shields with a possibility of wounding attackers. Definitely figures I'd want to take in bunches were I to take them (which seems thematic).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2018, 05:12 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd go with Marvel as well probably.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library