Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Pick your pony for Speed Custom Contest #4:
Entry #1 1 2.94%
Entry #2 5 14.71%
Entry #3 0 0%
Entry #4 5 14.71%
Entry #5 1 2.94%
Entry #6 8 23.53%
Entry #7 2 5.88%
Entry #8 1 2.94%
Entry #9 1 2.94%
Entry #10 9 26.47%
Entry #11 1 2.94%
Entry #12 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Custom Contest #4. Winner Posted & Creators Revealed!

SPEED CUSTOMS
Contest #4

Use this figure to make a custom:

Tattoo Man from Horrorcilx Freakshow.

CONGRATS DOC_SAVAGE!

1) Entries must be sent to me via PM.

2) Entries must be in card format. (no text only customs)

3) Entries must be on an existing HeroScape general's card.

4) Do not list your name on your custom card.

5) Only 1 entry per member.

6) You may not edit your custom once I have received it.

7) You may ONLY use the figures posted. You can use the figure for a squad or a hero, unique or common.

This thread will remained locked until Sunday, May 27, when I will post all entries, and this will become the discussion/voting thread.

Have fun, and good luck.

smallboxgames.com
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:28 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Here are the entries (and their creators):

Kinseth's Entry:

King's Knight's Entry:

chief's Entry:

Dictatorbilbo's Entry:

brickman1444's Entry:

NecroBlade's Entry:

minimoose38's Entry:

Firemaster's Entry:

johnny139's Entry:

Doc_Savage's Entry:

Pumpkin_King's Entry:

deadeyedan42's Entry:

smallboxgames.com
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
Yay, finally!

There are several good ones. It's going to be rather tough to choose.

Old May 28th, 2007, 07:35 PM

deadeyedan42 has disabled reputation
This card is has my vote.

Even though it isn't mine.

FINISH HIM!
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Hmm. Personally, I'm not a big fan of this batch. They're good cards, yeah, but just... boring. Though my favorite is Avatar of the Ancient Ones. I voted for that.
Old May 28th, 2007, 07:48 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Avatar of the Ancient Ones is good, although I think he still should be a higher cost, he can be a beating fast. Would you rather have him or Jotun, and Jotun is 225!
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:07 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Here are my thoughts on all the units. I was torn on which to vote for, but ultimately the creative use of Markers won me over. I will be voting for Entry #10. If any of the creators want to talk about my comments feel free to PM, I'm glad to go into more depth or offer some advice on fixing/improving your units.

ENTRY #1
Finger of Death should be called Finger of Death Special Attack. Also, a range limit should be added. The attack itself seems a bit overpowered, being able to kill a multilife hero in one attack is powerful, and rolling all skulls on three dice isn't exactly a rare occurence. I don't understand exactly what One with Nature is supposed to do...

ENTRY #2
I like this card. I was initially put off by his special attack being the same as his normal attack, but with the range bonus there will be times that using his normal attack is preferable to the special. The plus 2 bonus is a little weak though, I wouldn't mind seeing it slightly higher like 3 or 4. The range bonus works well with his defense bonus too. A good solid, playable custom.

ENTRY #3
I understand what this figure is trying to do, Its an interesting concept, but I just can't get into it for some reason...The wording on the powers could use some polishing.

ENTRY #4
Nothing overly creative or new, but its definately playable and seems to be well costed, but thats at first glance, after some playing he might be underpriced. The wording could use a little tweakin in places, but overall another solid playable custom.

ENTRY #5
Where's the other side of the card?

ENTRY #6
I can see where the Water influence comes from with this living tatoos being blue and all. I love cards with markers and I love seeing the way people come up with creative ways to put markers on cards and then to use them. It would have been interesting to see some sort of "scaling" in his attacks based on how many water markers are on the card or something. Interesting stuff.

ENTRY #7
An interesting concept, giving the choice of which special power to get for a turn. I dig it. The text could use some breaks, maybe bold the names of the other powers? Its one big block of text...

ENTRY #8
Interesting, nothing really creative about it. Just a revamping of Stone Stare or Marro Plague. I would probably play this guy.

ENTRY #9
Another revamp of some official powers. Another custom that while not overly creative is quite playable.

ENTRY #10
Now this is creative! More markers that I love, and an interesting way to play them. I think every situation that I could think of is handled in the wording, although I think it could be reworked just a little bit to make the card look less cluttered. I really like this one.

ENTRY #11
Lighting Chain is interesting, but I think the wording needs to be cleared up a little bit. When it wounds a figure, is the 2 clear sight spaces determined from the wounded figure or Rydenower? I have never been a fan of negative modifiers but for some reason the notion of limiting the number of defense dice rolled seems to work for me. I think with a little revamping, this could be a really good attack.

ENTRY #12
Flip the effects that are tied to the d20. A 20 should be a good thing, not a bad thing. Make the bad things the low numbers.

EDIT - I just reread this and noticed that I said a lot of them weren't very creative, I don't mean that to sound as negative as it might come across. A lot of these are quite playable, creativity isn't a must and it definitely doesn't mean a custom isn't good.
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:16 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
#1 - I think by not having a range specificed, it means that its a 1 range attack.

#5 - Yes I was wondering what's on the other side of the card?

As for most cards, once the abilities are too long, I stop reading them Sorry I just lost interest right away, abilities IMO need to be short and to the point.
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth
#1 - I think by not having a range specificed, it means that its a 1 range attack.
When it comes to games, everything needs to explicitly stated or chaos will ensue.
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Master Custom Creator

Craptastic. I didn't see that there was backside of the card. I just open them, save them, upload them to imageshack, and post them. I try not to look at them until everyone else gets to. I missed the message from this entry's creator that it was double sided.

It's posted now.

Very sorry about that.

smallboxgames.com
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn
Craptastic. I didn't see that there was backside of the card.
Old May 28th, 2007, 09:20 PM
Most Wanted

HyperactiveSloth is surprisingly tart
OK, first I want to say I agree on Avatar being severely underpriced. Sure, his stats are reasonable, but both of his powers are very strong by themselves. When you also consider that both his abilities may be used simultaneously you now have a guy who can attack three times and those three attacks cannot be defended against.
So, #4 doesn't get my vote for that reason mainly.

I also am very curious to see what the other side of card #5 is. It could be something awesome, but there's no way to tell. *sigh*

Kaladu is very well balanced and creative, I think, but he does need some work on the wording. I had to read the first power several times before I figured out what it was trying to say. Other than the wording, not bad really.

Glyndwr is awesome. He's original. He's useful. He's properly costed. I just can't find anything wrong with this card. Excellent work! I would draft him in my armies (assuming there's water available, of course)

Good work on the card, and very creative direction for this figure. The markers are cool, and would definitely be interesting to try... but I probably wouldn't draft this guy in a real game. Sorry.

Vince Rydenower, another GREAT card! This guy is well thought out, fun to use, and well-costed. Kudos on this guy! He's a VERY close second to Glyndwr on my list.

Water Elemental is quite a bit more random than I like (and I love Mindshackling so that says something). I agree with nether about needing to reverse the roll numbers, but also think he's just not useful enough to make it in a real game. Too much of a crapshoot for me. Also, because of how the power works, and his being a melee figure, I would definitely expect him to die before inflicting any decent amount of damage to an opponent. Sorry, just doesn't seem to work for me. Maybe if the numbers were completely redone it could have some potential (say 6-7 or less and he takes a wound, destroyed on a roll of 1, etc.)

Anyway, that's my take on this round. Keep up the good work guys!

Did anyone else happen to notice that Cirick is blind and Alikham sees out of his belly button? :P

...MASQUERADE Registration Now Underway... (Click for Details)

[Don't have "permission"? ...Click Here to give yourself access...]
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards