Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: Do you think that TPTB should produce an Official "Wellspring" Expansion set?
YES 48 87.27%
NO 7 12.73%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 1st, 2007, 11:37 PM

DaveyNY has disabled reputation
Wellsprings...?......

What do ya think the odds are, that TPTB would produce a "Wellspring" Expansion set?

I mean something along the lines as what is shown below from the Official Site/ Thormuns Journal...

And described as follows...

"...CHAPTER 2: Jandar's Orders Journal Entry #13

Jandar’s revelations continued:

“Around each wellspring are several slightly-raised panels with ancient runes. The rune inscribed on two side-by-side panels shows a circle of swirling rocks with a star at its center. When a Valkyrie places one hand on each of these panels and concentrates, his visions become more realistic, more vivid and intense. The key is to continue pressing these panels and concentrating, for this will open a portal through which powerful heroes and armies from other worlds and eras may enter...."

My other question is, how many folks around here would want/buy such an expansion set???

(EDIT: POLL is 'UN-Closed... sorry 'bout that forgot to clear the space)

"Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"
Old April 1st, 2007, 11:48 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
Poll is closed, but I would say no, because I don't know what they can release as terrain other than what we already have.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:43 AM

imppious has disabled reputation
There may not be many more different terrain types that they can come out with. There are however infinite variety for pre-made objects and structures such as the Marro hive, trees, and glaciers.

It would be a great focus for a terrain pack to be made around things like this even if they did just include more grass. A terrain pack built around a large wellspring/alter type structure would be awesome and it really wouldn't matter what was in the box for the guys to stand on.

Character Sig.
Comming soon.....
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:08 AM

demon_llama has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2.0
Poll is closed, but I would say no, because I don't know what they can release as terrain other than what we already have.
please forgive me, but i don't understand. are you saying that they are running out of "terrain ideas" or something else?

...the rich
(My HEX Game Files @ http://www.scribd.com/_the_rich)
Lawton/Fort Sill Heroscape (monthly?) Tournament:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...506#post951506
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:13 AM

Quote:
(Poll Open...see apology above)

Why not?
What kinda reasoning brought you to that conclusion?
===========================================================

I was thinking along the lines of a special set of hexes and columns...

Perhaps a single Sparkley, CLEAR, Crystal, Water hex for the center;

Then maybe Six Special GOLD hexes (I'm totally speculating that perhaps the metal gold is the only Ore that can contain the waters' power) that are pre-painted to create the STAR Shape seen in Thormun's Journal to surround the Crystal Water hex;

Then Twelve, Silver, Rock hexes surround that (just to distinguish them from ordinary Rock hexes);

Along with Four or Six new COLUMN pieces (different then the Wall ones from the Castle set, they could be thinner and maybe Greek or Roman in style and be a bit taller than a Castle wall column);

And lastly One Seventeen hex 'Topper-piece' to sit on the columns and cover the whole thing. (The center hex would be cut out to let the energy from the spring pass through, kinda like a spotlight at night.)

(EDIT) Forgot to add that there should be a glyph to place on the set somewhere to act as the panels that Thormun describes to activate the wellspring.
Perhaps one of the players' characters would have to stand on the glyph in order for new characters to enter the game.

(This whole set wouldn't be necessary to play the game, but it could be used to enhance how the players pieces enter the game. Or it could even become the goal of control to win the game. There's a bunch of scenarios I can think of the use it.)

Anyway that's how I imagine it in my mind.

I guess someone with a lot of effort, could create something like this with what we have so far, but the new columns and a sparkley clear water tile would probably make it look a lot more realistic/kool.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 05:44 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I voted No because i'm sure there is plenty of other terrain that they can produce other than a wellspring set. Basically a wellspring set would be made of grass, water and columns right? well we already have plenty (and if you have more than 1 master set i will stress 'plenty') of water and grass hexes!
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
I voted No because i'm sure there is plenty of other terrain that they can produce other than a wellspring set. Basically a wellspring set would be made of grass, water and columns right? well we already have plenty (and if you have more than 1 master set i will stress 'plenty') of water and grass hexes!

Nope, ya must have missed reading what I posted above ya...?....

I'm thinking of more specific, "NEW" types of Hexes (Gold/Silver/Crystal Water) with the pattern from Thormun's Journal imprinted on them, as well as NEW Columns and a Single Topper piece. (& a new glyph)

David

Old April 4th, 2007, 03:26 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Official Wellspring set? Hmm... I am working on an unofficial Wellspring set... have a look at the link in my sig for pics!

Should come complete with rules and extra units when its finished....
Old April 4th, 2007, 07:49 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
I'm not trying to bash this thread or anything. Its a GREAT idea, but there are not much flavorable terrain that can associated with wellsprings that we already have. If make wellsprings, why not make an elvesish fortress. Do you guys get where I'm going here? Sorry for making everything sound so confusing.
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:06 PM

mal1980 has disabled reputation
exactly, i've been making my own wellsprings since i started playing. first i stack seven hex grass tiles up to my desired height. then on top of that i put a water tile in the center, with 3 2 hex grass tiles surrounding it. i would like to see some sort of an elvish stronghold or tree dwelling for ullar, and asain themed palace or pagoda for einar, and some sort of orcish outpost for einar. i do think after the swamp comes out terrain ideas will become sparse, maybe a small expansion with several small outmounts of terrain, such as black water tiles to simulate tar pits, a jungle tree or two, cacti for the desert, wells, altars, etc. but then again vahalla doesnt have to be limited by the terrain found on earth either, they could paint some pink, or brown, or orange and call it whatever they wanted.

2 ms, 2 fota, 2 vw, 2 rttff, 1 tt, wave1-6, 5 flagbearers, eov's, sir hawthorne, nerak.....awaiting wave 7 and sotm
Old April 5th, 2007, 07:32 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Oh, that would be interesting...pink cotton candy morass tiles.
Old April 5th, 2007, 09:53 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
How about hexes that are jelly or gooey and not plastic? Or hows about a colorless type where you can paint it (paint and brushes are included in the pack)? Or......wait for it........ wait for it.....

...7 SIDED HEX TILES!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion