Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 7th, 2014, 12:08 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Avengers Assemble!update, Mandroids,Absorbing Man,Titani

The joke, of course, is this: Crusher Creel now has a second ball and chain!
Old April 7th, 2014, 09:26 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Old April 8th, 2014, 12:28 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

You misspelled Sorcery in the power name on Loki's card.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old April 13th, 2014, 09:06 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for catching that Spidey fixed card below

Old April 13th, 2014, 09:13 PM

updated Space Phantom

Old April 14th, 2014, 01:14 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

"On to the factory of Tony Stark! Death to the Space Phantom!"
--Thor, in an impossibly old issue of Marvel's The Avengers.

"What corny dialog. But with those eyes, and those shoulders, who cares?"
--The Wasp, thought balloon in response

THE SPACE PHANTOM; I love this guy, and am making these comments after using him in my Infinity Gauntlet game on my Team Thanos. Thanks for the update DMC; the only difference I see is that he can no longer send Huge figures off to Limbo.

1. The question that came up before the game was whether or not he uses the Life of his Limbo'd victim instead of his own. I offered to use only his original Life (usually lower than a major victim), but after reading the card the players said it seemed that he was supposed to use ALL of the victim's values, including Life, so that's how we played it. Is that what was intended?

2. His status as an Uncommon Hero is interesting. I only know of his first Silver Age appearance; is this status from a later adventure? Although its certainly true he used no personal name in that original appearance.

I also considered your Immortus card, which can bond with SP. But just as I didn't allow myself to use more than one Space Phantom, I didn't select both the SP and Immortus cards on the same team--I'm sure my players would have shot me! What is your own thinking on this?

3. Although there is no more room for words on the card, I note--its funny what you remember after so many years, isn't it--that during that original adventure, his victim's were all disoriented after returning from Limbo--who wouldn't be? And other characters of course would want to attack the most recent victim, as the SP had just been wreaking havoc as that character--at least until they understood the SPs power, which he'd be at great pains to hide in the beginning, so he could confuse his enemies by pretending to be the victim! So since he only has one power (but its a doozy), I'm wondering if you'd consider putting something about that in there, such as:

IMPERSONATION:

1) no Order Markers can be placed on the victim's card during the round he returns.

2) Anyone attacking the SP that round (now appearing as himself or another victim) has a D20 11+ chance of having the attack die roll apply to the released victim instead (even way back in the start zone).

I actually use a rule like this in my American Civil War 54mm miniatures games, for "Cross Color" units--those wearing the main color uniforms of the enemy, which happened occasionally. Since a player himself actually knows if the unit is friendly to him or not, I give a chance that he either won't be able to shoot at an unfriendly unit, or have to fire at a friendly one! That's lots of fun. Personally, I wouldn't care if you continued the text on the back of the card, although this is not usually done.

By the way, the most complicated custom card I ever wrote myself was the Hellboy BPRD character of the German gas cloud guy! That was a toughie.

Last edited by chas; April 14th, 2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
THE SPACE PHANTOM; I love this guy, and am making these comments after using him in my Infinity Gauntlet game on my Team Thanos. Thanks for the update DMC; the only difference I see is that he can no longer send Huge figures off to Limbo
Glad you enjoyed using him and on your victory! I am going to try to tweak his card again to get it just right and will try to incorporate ideas and suggestions.
Quote:
1. The question that came up before the game was whether or not he uses the Life of his Limbo'd victim instead of his own. I offered to use only his original Life (usually lower than a major victim), but after reading the card the players said it seemed that he was supposed to use ALL of the victim's values, including Life, so that's how we played it. Is that what was intended?
Yes I wanted him duplicate whoever he sends to limbo. I know the wound markers can be confusing but I wanted to build in a incentive for SP to try to take over multipe characters just like his 1st apearance. So basically it works like this: Any wounds that SP gets as SP, stay on the card. Once SP takes over a figure he uses that figure's life. If he then takes over another figure he is able remove any wounds he recieved while impersonating that figure. By continuing to impersonate different figures he sort of heals.
Quote:
2. His status as an Uncommon Hero is interesting. I only know of his first Silver Age appearance; is this status from a later adventure? Although its certainly true he used no personal name in that original appearance.
Yes it was later retconned in Avergers Forever that there are multiple space phantoms that serve Immortus. I think the combo would be interesting but the Space Phantoms can go down easy and have a some real weaknesses(god figures). 160 pts could be wiped off the battlefield with a couple good rolls.

Quote:
Although there is no more room for words on the card, I note--its funny what you remember after so many years, isn't it--that during that original adventure, his victim's were all disoriented after returning from Limbo--who wouldn't be? And other characters of course would want to attack the most recent victim, as the SP had just been wreaking havoc as that character--at least until they understood the SPs power, which he'd be at great pains to hide in the beginning, so he could confuse his enemies by pretending to be the victim! So since he only has one power (but its a doozy), I'm wondering if you'd consider putting something about that in there, such as:
Quote:
1) no Order Markers can be placed on the victim's card during the round he returns.
I could to fit that in and will see if it works. The other may be too much to include.
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:34 PM

I understand the game idea behind his not affecting gods, but I do remember that SP used his power on Thor. Its fine as is. But another possibility is that he can use his power to remove the god from the game, but doesn't get to use his poweful victim's stats and powers (but continues using his own). Just a thought.
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:48 PM

In his bio it says he can't duplicate really powerful figures so I am thinking of using a point limit rather than a size limit. when he tried to use his power on Thor he got sent to limbo.
Old April 20th, 2014, 09:59 PM

Updated Space Phantom

Old April 21st, 2014, 10:05 AM

So noted. Works for me.
Old May 22nd, 2014, 11:09 PM

Now on to the Avengers vs Defenders
Main Villain: the Dread Dormammu

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations