Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Notices

Old March 13th, 2015, 12:21 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I'm just clarifying something here...

If a figure is on the Glyph of Proftaka (Pit Trap) can they attack? I would assume they may attack while on the glyph, because the rules do not state that they may not attack.

My only thoughts are that if I'm stuck in a pit, I probably would be unable to shoot at an opponent.

(Unless of course, it is a very shallow pit, but then it wouldn't be a very good trap.)
(Actually, if the opponent were adjacent and looking down into a deep pit, I suppose that I could shoot them, but then they probably wouldn't help me.)
(Even if they were predisposed to help an opponent.)
(And they might get blood on me.)
Old March 13th, 2015, 12:25 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Pits

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoboy View Post
I'm just clarifying something here...

If a figure is on the Glyph of Proftaka (Pit Trap) can they attack? I would assume they may attack while on the glyph, because the rules do not state that they may not attack.

My only thoughts are that if I'm stuck in a pit, I probably would be unable to shoot at an opponent.

(Unless of course, it is a very shallow pit, but then it wouldn't be a very good trap.)
(Actually, if the opponent were adjacent and looking down into a deep pit, I suppose that I could shoot them, but then they probably wouldn't help me.)
(Even if they were predisposed to help an opponent.)
(And they might get blood on me.)
Yes. You may attack on Proftka.

~Dysole, briefly
Old March 13th, 2015, 03:34 PM

Ghostship is surprisingly tart

Can the Airborne lob over the castle walls?
Base=1
Wall = 9
Low part of the rampart = 2? or 3?
The FoTA rules say a rampart is 3 outside and 2 inside.

So a typical wall section is 13?
Old March 13th, 2015, 05:55 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
Base=1
Wall = 9

I don't think so. Assuming lob is 13, it cannot go over a normal wall with the ramparts.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old March 13th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostship View Post
Base=1
Wall = 9

Lob has a height limit of 12, so if the wall has a battlement, they can not Lob over it. That being said, if there is not a battlement in line with the direction of the Lob, they can (assuming they are on even ground with the base of the wall).

Of course this raises the question of why didn't you just Drop onto the wall in the first place...

130-96-0 (4/13/09-1/14/24)
36-16-0 (10/17/09-12/9/23)
Old March 15th, 2015, 01:02 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Can I place Order Markers on opponent's cards?

Say I have Kee-Mo-Shi and I need to pull off a big turn Mind Shackling an opponent's Cyprien then immediately flying him to a distant squad figure because victory is going to be checked at the end of the round. Can I put Order Markers on Cyprien's card on the off chance that I will Mindshackle him?
Nope. Sorry. Only OMs on your own cards.
It wouldn't matter even if you could; the markers come off the card when you successfully mind shackle the unit.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:20 PM

jojo204 is surprisingly tart

Does an engaged squad member have to attack first?

thanks
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:32 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo204 View Post
Does an engaged squad member have to attack first?

thanks
Nope. Doesn't have to attack at all if you don't want it to.
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:45 PM

jojo204 is surprisingly tart

ok sorry just to clairy then. Does the engaged figure have to attack first before the unengaged figure from a ranged squad.
Old March 15th, 2015, 10:49 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Nope. You get to choose the order in which the attacks occur.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 16th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo204 View Post
ok sorry just to clairy then. Does the engaged figure have to attack first before the unengaged figure from a ranged squad.
I think you're confusing the engagement rules.

If YOUR ranged fig is engaged it must attack any figures that are engaged to it and destroy them first before it can use a ranged attack on another unit.

If one of your ranged squad figures is engaged. Your other ranged squad figures can attack the fig it's engaged to first to destroy it, which frees your (previously) engaged squad fig to use it's ranged attack on other figures. So, no, the engaged fig doesn't need to attack first.

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old March 16th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
If one of your ranged squad figures is engaged. Your other ranged squad figures can attack the fig it's engaged to first to destroy it,
It may be worth pointing out that they are not forced to. They can attack any legal target, not attack at all, or any combination.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's