Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Notices

Old December 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Othkurik the Black Dragon Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I'm making some Pre-Release Discussion Threads so that no one needs to worry about books right now. We can keep all the excitement of finally seeing everything in these threads. The books could be created later, like when the figures actually come out and we can play with them instead of rampantly TheoryScaping. The idea is to keep the books a little cleaner, but still provide a place for figure-specific discussion until later.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:05 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Othkurik the Black Dragon Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I like the fact that swamp water might see more action with this guy on the field, although maybe not because shadows are just cooler. He doesn't seem bad for a baby dragon, but I think I would have preferred it if baby dragons stayed at home. He should be cool to play though.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The Lurking thing is freaking sweet. In swamp water, he does not have to take away the height lip it takes to get out because of flying, so his threat range for melee is 10 and for range it is 13-14. He has a power like Gurei-Oni's Tetsubo, so I think he will be pretty nasty with swamp water in a start zone.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 17th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I like how they started with Mimring's stats. Also, the special attack is an improvement on Tetsubo in so many ways... Grom beat me to it!

Old December 17th, 2009, 06:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by GromBloodboy View Post
The Lurking thing is freaking sweet. In swamp water, he does not have to take away the height lip it takes to get out because of flying, so his threat range for melee is 10 and for range it is 13-14. He has a power like Gurei-Oni's Tetsubo, so I think he will be pretty nasty with swamp water in a start zone.

He only adds 1 to his movement so wouldn't the mele threat range be 7 and the ranged attack threat range be 11? Although with flying, 7 movement is pretty effective. Imagine he gains hight advantage on a Hero after moving via his Lurking Ambush power. Then he can attack with 8 dice. Pretty sick.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:38 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the little guy. I still really wish he was bigger since he's the title dragon, but he's still cool. He has some real decent abilities that could see play outside of the dungeon. Swamp water gets used enough that he'll actually use that ability from time to time. But even if not the acid spray is nice. I don't think I'll be using him that much outside of a dungeon but he is definitely not a disappointment.
Old December 17th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Whoops! My bad. Okay, so he is a bit slower, but he is a total destoryer when he gets into melee after sitting in hiding.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

He's not a baby by the way. Large Dragons in DnD are the equivalent of a young adult, like a 16-18 year old human. Baby dragons and the really young ones are Medium sized, not much bigger than humans.

Full grown dragons are Huge sized, but are usually considered "Elders" by that time. Then there are Gargantuan sized, and then Colossal.

I think he's well costed for what he does. Decent stats, ability to hit hard under the right circumstances, and his acid breath and lurking power are very thematic with Black Dragons.
Old December 17th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

The swamp water tie-in was perfectly thematic for them, and was doubly good as a tie-in for previous sets. The design team really put thought into this set, and it shows.

Old December 17th, 2009, 09:55 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

There's been a lot of discussion in the Feral Troll thread about using Ornak and some trolls, but I think that the black dragon here is at least as good of an option with Ornak.
Old December 17th, 2009, 10:45 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

All in all I think this is a well done hero. Decent stats and a multi-attack ability makes a hero effective.

I also really like how they kept the black dragons with poison breath theme. Very nice touch.

Does this make Braxas a mommy?

(I wish there was a make-out smiley for such occasions like this)

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old December 17th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad Rocket View Post
All in all I think this is a well done hero. Decent stats and a multi-attack ability makes a hero effective.

I also really like how they kept the black dragons with poison breath theme. Very nice touch.

Does this make Braxas a mommy?

(I wish there was a make-out smiley for such occasions like this)
Its acid. But this is true of all Black Dragons in D&D, not just because Braxas happened to be Black and also use a type of acid.

Red Dragons breath fire
Blue Dragons breath Lightning
Black Dragons breath Acid
Green Dragons breath Poison
White Dragons breath Cold/Ice.

Those are the five primary Chromatic Dragons, from strongest to weakest. All of those are evil. Metallic Dragons are the good ones, and they have their own coordination for what type of breath they have as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units