Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 6th, 2014, 08:12 AM
GenCon 2013 Main Event Champion

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker
Re: Grand Con

Events are up. You have to sign in to your MSTB account in order to view and purchase tickets. Tournament is $2 and Open Play is free. Once you sign in, select Grand Con as the event, then up at the top click on Purchase Event, then do a search for Heroscape. You have to purchase a badge in order to do all this, though.

https://store.mstbgaming.com/ItemMas...ItemTypeCode=2

Have fun and stay busy - Luke 19:13

The Orange Mailman
Old August 20th, 2014, 08:39 PM

The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker The Orange Mailman knows what's in an order marker

I just noticed that I have the times wrong. They approved my events as follows:

10-2 for the Tournament

4-8 for Open Play

The Orange Mailman
Old August 24th, 2014, 09:23 PM

Just a reminder, you have to purchase a badge for Grand Con before you can sign up for Heroscape events. Open Play is free once you have a badge, and the Tournament is $2 (pretty reasonable since you could win a ROTV Master Set Mint in Box), but again, you have to sign up online through MSTB Gaming. Below are links to the Heroscape events on MSTB once you sign in to their website.

Tournament:

https://store.mstbgaming.com/ItemMasterDetail.aspx

Open Play:

https://store.mstbgaming.com/ItemMasterDetail.aspx

The Orange Mailman
Old September 21st, 2014, 06:13 PM

Had polar opposite responses at Grand Con. The Tournament was a bust. Only a couple of guys showed up. We played and had good conversation, but they were disappointed that more weren’t there, and so was I. Nice guys though.

Open Play however, I was overwhelmed. I was glad Eric was there otherwise I would not have been able to handle it all. 4 experienced players came for pick up games. 2 of them live 15-20 minutes from me. Never new it. I had a total of 12 throughout the event but one guy came late and I had a game with him at the end, so that was 13. 3 people wanted tutorials. I took 2 younger kids (probably age 10) through a step by step game against each other. Eric took the dad of one of those kids and played a game with him. I put one guy to work building a board to I could fit more in on gaming.

The down side for Grand Con was that they made me tear my set up down in between events and set up in a different place. I had 4 maps set up on plywood boards so that wasn’t a huge problem. 4 boards were all that would fit in my wife’s vehicle. But that’s only room for 8 to play. The previous gamers at that section occupied the space right up until two minutes before I was scheduled to start for Open Play. That’s not a lot of time for set up. I talked with one of the coordinators and they said that next year it will be at a much larger location, but for this year they just didn’t have the room to accommodate my request.

If anyone who came is reading this, thanks for coming out. I had a lot of fun running it. I’m not sure about next year though. We’ll wait and see. It seemed there was more interest at this type of Con for just a couple of pickup games rather than a full blown tournament. I’m open to input for next year so if I end up doing it I can give people what they are looking for.

The Orange Mailman
Old April 24th, 2015, 05:20 PM

Re: Grand Con 2015

Grand Con 2015 will feature Heroscape. The event has been approved. Grand Con 2015 is on September 25th-27th. Same location same format.

The event will be Heroscape Open Play. It will run on Saturday, September 26th from 4pm-8pm. Here are the descriptions I submitted:

Heroscape Open Play will feature maps already set up, armies pre-arranged, and dice/markers provided. Come and hook up with a friend or come and challenge someone. Some experience required unless you want a tutorial which will be on a first come first serve basis.

Why has Heroscape consistently been placed in the top 3 of Tom Vasel’s favorite games of all time? Heroscape Open Play will allow you to play with a variety of Heroscape terrain. GenCon tournament maps will be used. Pre-arranged armies will be available for you to use. All combat dice, 20 sided dice, wound markers, and turn markers will be provided. Hook up with a friend or come and challenge someone. Tutorials will be limited, being available on a first come first serve basis.

Any questions feel free to message me. I'm also running a Dominion tournament on Friday.

The Orange Mailman
Old April 24th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I am going to make an effort to make it this year. I hope you get a good turnout.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 24th, 2015, 05:30 PM

Cool. Even though I am only an hour away, I will probably stay at the hotel. It was a lot of fun last year, but completely different from GenCon. Much smaller scale, a lot less structure, more open gaming.

The Orange Mailman
Old April 25th, 2015, 10:28 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If I can get a group together I will try to bring a city map and perhaps we can get some open C3G going. Sounds fun.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 26th, 2015, 08:43 AM

Irish Brigade is surprisingly tart

I've recently moved to Michigan and have been looking for a heroscape group and am looking forward to this event. Are there any other more structured tourneys in the area that are being planned or is this it?

Approximate Tournament Record to Date:
29-14
Old April 26th, 2015, 02:53 PM

Where are you located Irish Brigade?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 26th, 2015, 02:56 PM

Irish Brigade is surprisingly tart

Bay City

Approximate Tournament Record to Date:
29-14
Old April 26th, 2015, 03:16 PM

Nice area. Unfortunately you are outside the the Heroscape area I know.
ZB used to host a tournament just south of you but it has been awhile.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events