Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games
Card Games Including 'collectable' card games.

Notices

Old February 1st, 2012, 05:18 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!
Re: Magic:The Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
After all was said and done at the Prerelease, I walked away with 4 Gravecrawlers.

Braaaaains.
Sweet, but I really don't see why everyone loves these guys so much. They're just worse Bloodghasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMASTER View Post
pre-reales was o.k. I went 1-3 but got Mikaeus the Unhallowed. A freind of mine got 3 Mythics 2 in 1 pack.
Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Issue #1 of the MTG Comic is out today..

...I am friends with the writer
Cool! Wish I could read them!

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old February 1st, 2012, 08:05 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

They only cost 1 to cast, and they're standard legal in a format with a TON of zombie support. I'd love to get a set of them.

Old February 1st, 2012, 08:14 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schulzy View Post
After all was said and done at the Prerelease, I walked away with 4 Gravecrawlers.

Braaaaains.
Sweet, but I really don't see why everyone loves these guys so much. They're just worse Bloodghasts.
Whoa. I never knew those existed, and I want some.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 07:52 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!

Ok, I have a question for all you MTG players. I'm just getting into the game, with only 2 of the intro packs between me and one of my brothers.

As of right now, I'd really like to build up some volume to my collection. With what I hear from my MTG friends, Fatpacks are a good way to go. Which ones would you suggest, and are older ones cheaper than some of the newer ones? That would make sense, considering what I know of the ugly, ugly, power creep.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:29 PM

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Ok, I have a question for all you MTG players. I'm just getting into the game, with only 2 of the intro packs between me and one of my brothers.

As of right now, I'd really like to build up some volume to my collection. With what I hear from my MTG friends, Fatpacks are a good way to go. Which ones would you suggest, and are older ones cheaper than some of the newer ones? That would make sense, considering what I know of the ugly, ugly, power creep.
Sorry to break your friend's suggestion, but if you're just beginning, Fat Packs are not for you! Sure, they have land, but they just come with packs, which is extremely difficult to build decks from is you're just strating out. If you absolutely need a fat pack, get M12, Innistrad, or Dark Ascension (3 newest sets). They are the same price as the older ones but have an extra pack in each. Rather than a Fat Pack though, I recommend a Deckbuilder's Toolkit. It's only $20 and comes with more cards than a Fat Pack, along with land.

Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:34 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Or better yet...play L5R instead...its more fun.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:40 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

I'm newish to the game as well, and nothing more than a casual player at this point, but I amassed a nice little collection relatively quickly. Fat packs are good, I'd recommend the 2012 core set fat packs to start out because there is a strong variety of cards and they will be standard tourney legal for about another year or so. Also, the basic land pack included can be a big help for new players building a collection.

Depending on your budget, the best bang for your buck is buying a booster box, which gets you 36 booster packs for roughly $100, but I have yet to see the day that I have had $100 free to blow on Magic cards. I built up my collection pretty much buying a few packs at a time from left over change from week to week.

In terms of old versus new, most (but not necessarily all) sets found in retail stores are fairly up to date in terms of standard tournament play, so you shouldn't have too much of a problem with something like a power creep. Again, I'd recommend the 2012 Core set to get you started off, then look into the Innistrad set. I think the prices are pretty close right now between the these two sets.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:40 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:

I've heard this mentioned several times, but I have yet to see it. What is this power creep that everyone talks about?

Old February 3rd, 2012, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Quote:

I've heard this mentioned several times, but I have yet to see it. What is this power creep that everyone talks about?
As years go by, the newer sets begin to have more powerful cards than the older sets. For example, Scars of Mirrodin contained Shatter (an older card though), that cost 1R and destroys an artifact. Innistrad contains Ancient Grudge, which is the exact same card, only it has G Flashback. This makes Shatter completely useless because it was replaced by a better card.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:27 AM

Except that Ancient Grudge is a reprint from Time Spiral, which predates Scars significantly.

Old February 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM

Nostradouglas Woo who?

Quote:

Another way, is to buy magic lots on Ebay. They are super cheap and if you are looking to just start a collection, you can get a ton of cards. Commons can go for pennies. They are good for making blocks or casual play.
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardar View Post
Except that Ancient Grudge is a reprint from Time Spiral, which predates Scars significantly.
It is!?

Anywho, there is a power creep, but that was just my quick example. Just look at Shock and Lightning Bolt. Sure, Lightning Bolt isn't in Standard right now, but still, would you rather have 2 or 3 damage for 1 red mana?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Card Games