Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

View Poll Results: Am I too ambitious?
yes 9 23.68%
no 19 50.00%
Cthulhu would say so 10 26.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 23rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
Am I too Ambitious?

Hey guys, I wanted your opinion. Am I too ambitious? I am 15 and am starting at a community college this fall. From there, once I turn 18 I'm going to the best college in my states to double major in Architecture and Creative writing with a minor in Music composition. I'm going to get a masters in Architecture. After I get out of school and have a job, I plan to go back to school and get a major in Aerospace engineering. As of now I do little but schoolwork and college prep. Am I too ambitious? Do I need to slow down? People have told me I need to have fun in life. I'm not a nerd. I enjoy a game of Halo every now and then. I love going outside and playing soccer. I hangout with my friends most weekends. But I do all of this and have two jobs. Am I too ambitious? Do I need to calm down? I do have fun in life.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old February 24th, 2008, 12:19 AM

tyguy94920 is surprisingly tart
I say go for it all the way (if you're able)

Get it over as soon as possible so you can accually have a life and get out of school

We waste on average 18 years of our life at something as meaningless as an educaton

Do I say an educaton is worthless, no

Do I say that because the "No child left behind" has made it totaly worthless, yes

I really made a big mistake by not taking the right classes my first year of High School

At the moment I should have taken Freshman year

Physics
English IV
Pre-Calculus

Which turns out to be the same classes I am taking next year as a Seinor

Have the last three years been a waste of my life, yes

Click Above for My Sig Link
Old February 24th, 2008, 12:22 AM

ProSpecT is surprisingly tart
Eh, what does it matter? I mean you might be president one day... or CEO at this rate. I'm just getting a two year degree in a job that pays more than most get with a Bachelors. If you say you are having fun at the same time then don't sweat anything. If you become over worked and depressed maybe you should take a break and do something you enjoy doing.

"What we going to do tomorrow Brain?"

"Same thing we do everyday Pinky."

"What's that?"

"Try to take over the world!"

*Love that show...

The Member with a Mouth, that doesn't use it very often. Give me healing factor!
Old February 24th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Only you can tell for yourself if you're too ambitious. What you list may be too ambitious for some, but not enough for others. Only you can know for you. As long as you have a solid balance between school, work, play and life - then go for it. So many of us could probably say what if...

And it sounds like to me you're trying to answer the question now.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old February 24th, 2008, 03:19 AM

Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby! Ugly-Caco rolls all skulls baby!
Rather than "too ambitious" I'd say "good ambitious". Nothing wrong with that as long you're not delusional. Besides, you're young and have the whole world in front of you.

My dad ones said: It's better to aim at the moon and hit the clouds than aim at the clouds and hit some chickens.

Old February 24th, 2008, 06:31 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Go for it. You have a plan at least, which is a heck of a lot more than most kids your age.

Regarding "having fun". You sound like you are able to have some fun now and make time for hobbies or other activities. But some kids your age have nothing but fun and are into all kinds of activities and hang out with their friends and never prepare for their future. Then they get college age and don't have a clue what they want to do with their life and a lot of them wind up with mediocre jobs.

If you already know what you want for a career and are realistic about what it's going to take and cost, then I say go for it.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 24th, 2008, 09:31 AM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
Little Dude, if you can handle it I say go for it. I'm 41 years old and through a series of bad decisions and misadventures I was never able to finish, and I'm 7 classes away from a B.A. degree. But I've never been able to go back and the classes are propably expired by now. Knock it out of the park now, and relax later.

"Be of good courage..."
Old February 24th, 2008, 10:33 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
A degree is necessary these days, but "the best" probably ain't much different than "good enough," just much more expensive. I wouldn't get too hung up on which particular college it is, unless you have a career path in mind that requires a brand name degree to get you the furthest in that field.

The TOO ambitious are those who forsake their friends and down $20 worth of coffee and energy drinks a day because they feel they HAVE TO to stay on top of their schedule/workload.

Besides... all this time on this Earth has taught me two things... 1) How to count and 2) the old adage is true - it's not WHAT you know, it's WHO you know. So make friends, make connections, and impress people with your CHARACTER. Be honest in all your dealings and don't promise what you can't deliver.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old February 24th, 2008, 01:00 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
It's your life. Live it the way you want.

"One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain"
http://web.bobmarley.com/index.jsp

"It's not a lie, if you believe it" - George Costanza

Old February 24th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
OH,your going to be an architech

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old February 24th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
It's your life. Live it the way you want.
Couldn't agree with that more.

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old February 24th, 2008, 07:34 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
If you start to do it and decide it's too much, there's nothing forcing you to keep going. Do you what you want and what you can. Party.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General