Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old November 4th, 2020, 09:12 AM

Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker Captain Redbeard knows what's in an order marker
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Captain’s Crew
After taking a turn with Captain Leatherwing, you may move up to 2 Unique Pirate Heroes you control up to 4 spaces each. After moving those figures, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure engaged with both chosen figures. If Captain Leatherwing is adjacent to a Unique Pirate Hero you control when receiving one or more wounds that would destroy him, you may place the wound markers on that Pirate instead.

Maybe something like this would be fun.
I like this as it gives that feeling of an onslaught from a pirate crew boarding an enemy vessel since you are just moving multiple figures and when they overwhelm (multiple engage) an enemy figure you have the chance for unblockable attacks. Would it be bad to have this happen prior to taking a turn with Leatherwing? This would allow the player to set up where to move Leatherwing and would make his Flintlock special very versatile.
Old November 4th, 2020, 09:30 AM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

I like that idea Red! So shifting it to something like ;

Captain’s Crew
After taking a turn with Captain Leatherwing, revealing an Order Marker on this card and before taking a turn with Captain Leatherwing, you may move up to 2 Unique Pirate Heroes you control up to 4 spaces each. After moving those figures, you may roll an unblockable attack die against a figure engaged with both chosen figures. If Captain Leatherwing is adjacent to a Unique Pirate Hero you control when receiving one or more wounds that would destroy him, you may place the wound markers on that Pirate instead.
Old November 5th, 2020, 05:27 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ehh, there's a lot going on there. I think there's two pretty different effects that might come across more cleanly if they're split into two powers.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old November 7th, 2020, 08:36 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

Hey guys, heavily reworked my Statesman and I’m pretty happy with how he’s looking. I’m trying to design Statesman/Manticore/Positron as a stereotypical MMO trinity, tank/DPS/support.

Quote:

NAME = STATESMAN
SECRET IDENTITY = MARCUS COLE

SPECIES = INCARNATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CHAMPION
PERSONALITY = STEADFAST/DEMANDING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 300-400

HEROIC DUTY
If a friendly figure without this special power that is within 3 spaces of Statesman would roll defense dice against a normal, non-adjacent attack, instead you must choose a figure you control with this special power to move adjacent to that friendly figure if it is able to. The chosen figure must roll defense and take any resulting wounds from the attack instead of the friendly figure. When Statesman uses Heroic Duty, he will take all leaving engagement attacks.

TANKER
Statesman’s defense number can not be reduced by any special power. If there are at least two enemy figures within 2 clear sight spaces of Statesman, add an automatic shield when defending against a normal or special attack.

HAMMER OF JUSTICE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 4.
All figures within 2 spaces of Statesman are affected by this attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense die separately. If a figure receives any wounds from this special attack, place the figure on any space within 2 spaces of its original placement. A figure moved by this special power never takes leaving engagement attacks and cannot be placed closer to Statesman than its original placement.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

BIO : Statesman served alongside Lord Recluse (Stefan Richter) in World War I under his real name Marcus Cole. They traveled together after the war attempting to cure himself of a possibly fatal exposure to mustard gas. The two stole a scroll containing the location of the fabled Fountain of Zeus, which they believed would offer him a cure. They discovered the fountain in Greece and drank from it. Not only did the fountain offer a cure for the exposure to mustard gas, but it gave both of them superhuman powers. While at the fountain, they opened the lid to Pandora’s Box, which caused a dramatic increase in the number of superhumans worldwide and is responsible for their proliferation to this day.

Marcus sold many of the island’s treasures and built up a small fortune in Europe before returning to the United States in Paragon City. In order to avenge the death of his brother and step father, Marcus became the first costumed superhero and named himself Statesman.
Old November 7th, 2020, 10:02 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Tanker is kinda a lame name for that power. I might call it like STEADFAST DEFENSE or FEARLESS DEFENSE or COOL UNDER PRESSURE.

Overall I like the design there though. The special attack seems pretty strong overall.
Old November 7th, 2020, 10:25 PM

I went with Tanker since it’s the name of his class in game. I do like the name of the power for that, but I’m not married to it! If there was a general “this name stinks” vibe I’m cool with changing it. I do like Steadfast Defense from your suggestions
Old November 7th, 2020, 10:42 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Steadfast Defense feels more reusable and the power seems generically reusable was my thought.
Old November 7th, 2020, 11:12 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Generally not a big fan of flat no def reduction powers like that. I don't know who this guy is or where he comes from, so what makes him completely immune to all the various ways different figures might reduce another figures defense (magic, tactics, sharpness, surprise, etc.)? If he's just generally a tanky type of unit, then the auto-shield is a good way to show that. As is double shields (Blob), blanks count as shields (Superman), a one wound per attack cap (Luke Cage), or more def dice in response to skulls rolled (She-Hulk's Hard Body). Those are more universal 'I'm tough to kill' type effects instead of singling out a small faction of units and negating what they do. If preventing him from rolling less def die is really the thing you want to run with though, I'd at least consider capping it not more that -1. Then someone with a power that reduces defense by -2 is still effected, cutting the effectiveness of their power in half, but not completely negated.
Old November 8th, 2020, 11:34 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I really dig the idea of designing them as Tank/DPS/Support - That’s a cool way to give them a distinct mechanical identity. I will say that Champion has gotten a ton of new synergy behind the scenes lately, so that class is going to heavily define his army choices. (Though ha, I think we might have previously steered you there away from Survivor, sorry about that. ) Not neccesarily a bad thing, but it might not be optimal if you’re looking for CoH to be his best build.

I actually kinda dig the Tanker name if it’s something from the game. It’s a funky power name, but that’s kind of the fun of it for me. I don’t personally have a problem with the “no defense reduction” trick, just cause we already have plenty of powers that avoid other people’s powers.
Old November 9th, 2020, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Generally not a big fan of flat no def reduction powers like that. I don't know who this guy is or where he comes from, so what makes him completely immune to all the various ways different figures might reduce another figures defense (magic, tactics, sharpness, surprise, etc.)? If he's just generally a tanky type of unit, then the auto-shield is a good way to show that. As is double shields (Blob), blanks count as shields (Superman), a one wound per attack cap (Luke Cage), or more def dice in response to skulls rolled (She-Hulk's Hard Body). Those are more universal 'I'm tough to kill' type effects instead of singling out a small faction of units and negating what they do. If preventing him from rolling less def die is really the thing you want to run with though, I'd at least consider capping it not more that -1. Then someone with a power that reduces defense by -2 is still effected, cutting the effectiveness of their power in half, but not completely negated.
Statesman doesn't really have anything that makes him particularly more durable than Superman and the like, but I see as just another way to show he is a flying brick. I took the design for the Tanker power from some in game stuff.

In game he's a tank with invulnerability as his main powerset. Two of the powers from that set are "Resist Physical Damage" and "Invulnerability". They read :

Quote:
You are naturally tough and inherently resistant to Smashing and Lethal damage as well as Defense Debuff effects. This power is always on, and costs no Endurance.
and

Quote:
When this power is on, for each nearby foe in melee range you receive a bonus to Defense against all attacks but Psionics, and a bonus to your chance to hit. This power is most effective when fighting multiple opponents. The first foe you engage in melee grants the highest Defense bonus, and up to 10 foes can contribute to your Defense and ToHit Bonus.
Respectively. The "power is always on" and "resistant to Defense Debuffs" parts of Resist Physical Damage is where the negating defense reduction comes from. On Invincibility, he gets a bonus to his defense for each nearby enemy, so I pretty much just directly lifted that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I really dig the idea of designing them as Tank/DPS/Support - That’s a cool way to give them a distinct mechanical identity. I will say that Champion has gotten a ton of new synergy behind the scenes lately, so that class is going to heavily define his army choices. (Though ha, I think we might have previously steered you there away from Survivor, sorry about that. ) Not neccesarily a bad thing, but it might not be optimal if you’re looking for CoH to be his best build.

I actually kinda dig the Tanker name if it’s something from the game. It’s a funky power name, but that’s kind of the fun of it for me. I don’t personally have a problem with the “no defense reduction” trick, just cause we already have plenty of powers that avoid other people’s powers.
I'm thinking the CoH trio would add up to 650-800 points, so you could still add others to their army for 1000. I think that kind of represents the create-a-character aspect of the game, with the established heroes of CoH teaming with whoever the players create. I could see Leader working as Statesman's class just as much as Champion, he's the leader of the game's superhero group.

Yeah, Tanker is just the class that Statesman falls under ingame. I think it's a fun nod, but Tickle's point on giving it a more reusable name is valid.
Old November 9th, 2020, 03:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

It would honestly be really cool to have a "character creator" design where you can make your own superhero for a game. That might be too complex for a single C3G design though.
Old November 9th, 2020, 03:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds almost like an RPG add on.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy