Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 1st, 2015, 03:14 PM
Gorred the Con-petition. C3G Con Champ 2021!

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Jason Voorhees - Vote for Initial PT

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Nice changes!

What do you think about this change to Relentless Slasher?

Quote:
RELENTLESS SLASHER
When Jason is attacked by an opponent's adjacent figure and receives no wounds, the attacking figure immediately receives one wound. If Jason receives two or more wounds from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to one of those wounds.
This way he can deal out wounds more since receiving no wounds should happen more than the attacker not rolling any skulls. To balance that, I upped the requirement for the wound subtraction to two wounds.
That's counteracting what needed to be changed, which is him not getting hurt when receiving 2 wounds. Undead Resilience in this case is just too good, so I dialed it back to only 1 wound. I like your change though, but it would be more balanced at 1 wound.

So:

RELENTLESS SLASHER
When Jason is attacked, if Jason receives one wound or fewer from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to one wound from this card, and the attacking figure receives one wound if adjacent to Jason.

Logic being, Jason absorbs the minor blows of 1 wound. If he isn't hit hard enough, he immediately strikes back.

The problem we need to ensure we're not running into, as dok has pointed out before, is having Jason be someone in your Army that you never actually want to put an Order Marker on, or the opponent just saves for the end thus bypassing Relentless Stalker and Friday the 13th. I think with the way Ki Ki Ki works, I feel there's enough worth to want to kill Jason before the end. I also think you'll want to put an OM on him purely to move him out of clear sight of his target. But playtesting will tell us if it's enough or not.
Old December 1st, 2015, 04:53 PM

Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun Arkham is a penguin with a machine gun

All together it'd make:

NAME = Jason Voorhees
SPECIES = Undead
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Slasher
PERSONALITY = Relentless
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 4
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 0
POINTS = 200

"KI KI KI, MA MA MA"
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, if no figure on that card has clear sight on Jason, you may immediately place Jason on any empty space within 5 spaces of a figure on that card. If Jason is placed adjacent to one or more enemy figures on that card, you may immediately roll 1 unblockable attack die against each adjacent figure on that card.

RELENTLESS SLASHER
When Jason is attacked, if Jason receives one wound or fewer from a single attack but is not destroyed, you may immediately remove up to one wound from this card, and the attacking figure receives one wound if adjacent to Jason.

FRIDAY THE 13TH
At the end of the round, if Jason is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, immediately place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not in clear sight of any opponent's figure and remove all Wound Markers from this card.

------------------------------------------------------

An alternative approach, if we want a more offensive focus:

"KI KI KI, MA MA MA"
After an opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker on an Army Card that opponent controls, if no figure on that card has clear sight on Jason, you may immediately place Jason on any empty space within 5 spaces of a figure on that card.

RELENTLESS SLASHER
Instead of moving and attacking, you may choose an adjacent small or medium figure. Roll one unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. You may continue rolling for Relentless Slasher until you do not roll a skull.

FRIDAY THE 13TH
At the end of the round, remove two wound markers from this card, or if Jason is destroyed, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, immediately place Jason on any empty space on the battlefield that is not in clear sight of any opponent's figure and remove all Wound Markers from this card.

This would give him a threatening offensive option, which replaces the unblockable form Ki Ki Ki. You use Ki Ki Ki to pop out and surprise the opponent, then they have to choose to attack or leave engagement. If they attack, and Jason survives, he then gets to on his following turn attempt to roll multiple unblockables if he keeps rolling skulls. Otherwise, they run from him, and he can then on his turn try to get out of sight again. At the end of the round he can heal 2 wounds, which will help his survival, since he no longer would have any defensive specials.

I probably still prefer the original direction, but I figured I'd throw out an alternative option.
Old December 1st, 2015, 04:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I still prefer UR on him. It might be tough to balance, but I don't think it will make him overpowered (so long as he is, ultimately, priced appropriately) and it fits the theme of Jason Voorhees too perfectly to drop.
Old December 1st, 2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I still prefer UR on him. It might be tough to balance, but I don't think it will make him overpowered (so long as he is, ultimately, priced appropriately) and it fits the theme of Jason Voorhees too perfectly to drop.
That's fine with me. I just didn't want this to be a case of "he can't be any higher than X amount of points" thus things start getting nerfed to compensate, yet Undead Resilience remains.

Though, I have a bit of an issue with Undead Resilience. I feel it'd be far more logical and appropriate if it was the 1 wound version I have here:

RELENTLESS SLASHER
Jason always receives one fewer wound when attacked. If Jason is attacked by an adjacent figure and receives no wounds, the attacking figure receives one wound.

Why 2 wounds being rolled cause 0 wounds, but 1 wound being rolled causes 1 wound...is beyond me. In fact, it makes Barry Allen Jason's biggest foe. He can essentially do his SA and roll 1 attack die 12 times. Does it make sense for someone to essentially absorb 2 wounds worth of damage but not 1? Wouldn't it be more logical to have him absorbing 1 wound, thus you have to roll at least 2 skulls to do damge, and he's essentially taking 1 less wound from each attack?
Old December 1st, 2015, 06:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I do like how that change makes him a bane of low attack figures, like Civs.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 1st, 2015, 06:14 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Definitely prefer the latest version posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 1st, 2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I do like how that change makes him a bane of low attack figures, like Civs.
Not only that, it just makes sense. I like Undead Resilience, it's a fun/neat power, but I'm not sure what the logistics of it are.

1 skull = 1 wound
2 skulls = 0 wounds
3 skulls = 1 wound

It just seems odd. If we're led to believe the more skulls = a more powerful strike, then why is 1 & 3 skulls resulting in the same damage, and 2 is resulting in an absorbed attack with 0 damage.

With Jason absorbing 1 wound automatically, it means your typical blow isn't going to even phase him, and he's also hurting you in return. Now if you hit him at least 2 or more, he is going to stumble a bit or be unable to capitalize.

It just feels more appropriate, and makes more logical sense. That wording I have also allows for the auto wound mechanic to be useful and smoothly implemented into the power. If you hit him with 0-1 skull, you're taking a hit. So your basic civilians are going to struggle against him, as they should, but your 4+ attackers will be able to take him down easier(thus making him not as crazy), depending on their luck, with occasional fumbles of course.

Jason's main goal will be to hide, pop out and go for an unblockable, force his opponent to waste time on him, being a bullet sponge, or risk leaving engagement then he may be able to hide again and pop out again etc. It feels thematic.
Old December 1st, 2015, 06:31 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like that direction, makes sense to me. I think an auto shield basically does the same think if you are looking for a different way to word it.
Old December 1st, 2015, 06:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The funkiness of 2 Wounds being the cutoff is one of my favorite things about Undead Resilience - it makes for really interesting gameplay, and that's even more true on a 0 defense figure.

I'm okay with the "ignore 1 wound and counterstrike" version, but straight UR is my preference.
Old December 1st, 2015, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
The funkiness of 2 Wounds being the cutoff is one of my favorite things about Undead Resilience - it makes for really interesting gameplay, and that's even more true on a 0 defense figure.

I'm okay with the "ignore 1 wound and counterstrike" version, but straight UR is my preference.
I agree that it's fun/neat with the way it is, but the problem with 2 wounds in this case though, is that someone with an attack of 4 specifically, is really going to struggle against Jason. That's a 50/50 shot you don't hurt him at all, each time you attack. For someone that comes back to life, UR in its current state will be what drives his cost up significantly. Whereas the 1 wound version, which is essentially UR dialed back, with a counter attack, will allow a more even flow with how survivable he is. Hit him hard, you have no issue, whiff or barely hit him, and you're going to suffer.
Old December 1st, 2015, 07:10 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Isn't "ignore 1 wound", in this context, pretty much the same thing as an autoshield?
Old December 1st, 2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Isn't "ignore 1 wound", in this context, pretty much the same thing as an autoshield?
It is, but I feel the thematic wording would be to receive one fewer wound, or "ignore 1 wound". An auto-shield sounds like he is blocking. It's the same either way though, the wording isn't going to make a big difference to me, I just went with what I thought sounded best.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library