Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 15th, 2008, 12:19 PM

ReqMan is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Agent Skahen

The one thing I do not like about Cover Fire, and its possible influence, is the odds of actually getting it.

Skahen only has an attack of 3. So unless you're attacking lowly 2 Defense figures, there's a good chance you wont inflict any wounds, which of course means, no Cover Fire.

Take away Cover Fire, or even assume you'll only get it 50% of the time, and she doesnt sound so good anymore.
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:33 PM

Minnion has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReqMan View Post
The one thing I do not like about Cover Fire, and its possible influence, is the odds of actually getting it.

Skahen only has an attack of 3. So unless you're attacking lowly 2 Defense figures, there's a good chance you wont inflict any wounds, which of course means, no Cover Fire.

Take away Cover Fire, or even assume you'll only get it 50% of the time, and she doesnt sound so good anymore.
Viking Warrior Spirit+ go for the hight.

"We are all mad here" ~Cheshire Cat

It is the domain of a geek to seek out meaning in that which seems trivial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doWOd...elated&search=
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:35 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Well, on height Shaken has 4 attack. Double attack combined with an Attack rating of 4 is going to leave people reeling. The Krav are better for outright damage, but Shaken is better in terms of team support - mainly with the Nakitas.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old August 15th, 2008, 04:30 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Double Attack does increase the chance... If you're still not hitting anything at all, it just isn't your day (I had one of those games about two weeks ago.... ).

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old August 15th, 2008, 06:36 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
But for the extra 20 pts, you get a figure who gives some unity to an army built from some of the best ranged-attackers in the game, and gives some of the lesser ones a chance at redemption (::coughcoughgorrillinatorscough:.
Hey! I still hold that the Nakita-G'nators 2X-ROTV Raelin army is one of the best 400 point armies yet developed.

Now I can add in Agent Skahen (assuming I ever get her) and I will have one of the best 500 point armies yet developed.

~Chimpy

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:48 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy View Post
My name is irrelevant. Chimpanzees are gentically closer to human beings than they are to Gorillas.

Of course, I don't know what the genetic make up of a Primadon is, but I really doubt that it is closer to a Chimpanzee's than that of a human's... or anything else on Earth.

~Chimpy
Um . . . ::Spite is now not sure if Chimpy is actually a Gorillinator::

In the interest of jumping the train back onto the track, I will simply say that I agree that the Nakitas and Raelin are a powerful combo, and I am certainly willing to experiment more with the Gnators now that Skahen is in the mix.

(although the Gnators look as though they've been experimented-on enough as it is ).
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:04 PM

Strange has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourshadow View Post
Quote:

Double Attack does increase the chance... If you're still not hitting anything at all, it just isn't your day (I had one of those games about two weeks ago.... ).
With Double Attack and height, you can attack figures with up to 4 defense and still have a better than 75% chance of inflicting a wound.

Whatever does not kill me has made a tactical error.
Old August 15th, 2008, 10:15 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation

Don't have the energy to read through all 6 pages of this thread but quick note, a lot of us have been waiting for a unit to be enhanced by ALL the vikings... ladies and gents, here she is!

7 movement, 7 range, 4 attack (5 with height), 4 defence (5 with height) should be very hard to take down.

I can see her shooting the crap out of everything until she is rushed by melee, when you run away with 7 movement and shoot with that great range.

~Darkclown

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:48 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

He's saying that those are Shaken's stats while buffed by the vikings.
However, the Krav are SIGNIFICANTLY better to buff with the Vikings. They're a squad, they get more attacks, have equal stats, cost less points, and are just outright better for just flat out killing things. Shaken is more strategic.

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:08 AM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
However, the Krav are SIGNIFICANTLY better to buff with the Vikings. They're a squad, they get more attacks, have equal stats, cost less points, and are just outright better for just flat out killing things. Shaken is more strategic.
I doubt the 20 points are going to be that much more if you're going to have all the vikings anyway. I don't think the Krav are "SIGNIFICANTLY" better to buff, simply because the KMA's weakness are being engaged/locked up. Even with 8 move, some units can and will catch up to you, such as the snakes... and with 3 attack vs 4 defense and 1 life, losing a pumped up Krav Agent will hurt a lot. With Skahen, you can at least move figures into the way of the enemy, such as a 5 defense dund, or some Smoke Powder/Engagement Strike Nakita Agents.

Sure, I would agree that the KMA are still better to pump up, but not truly significantly.

...Just playing devil's advocate here

SPECIAL THANKS TO: oni, tppytel
My Tradelist
Deciper SWCCG Trading
List of Good Traders
Can't find it? Try the Index
Old August 16th, 2008, 07:28 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
Ah, thanks for the answer!

I agree with Bloody the Marro Stinger here. Keep in mind that the KMA can shoot 3 times from different positions. The flexibility of the unit is higher than Skahen. I would rather boost them than Skahen.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old August 16th, 2008, 03:32 PM

temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker temp.nerd knows what's in an order marker

My 500 point skahen army:
Skahen
Natikas
Carr
Dund
Otonashi
Rats(40 point filers)

Dave Grohl + Josh Homme + John Paul Jones= awesome

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units