Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 21st, 2007, 05:31 PM

LoneDragon is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
I think that may be the best news in a long time. Finally, somebody is actually observing how these products sell and reacting accordingly. No more piles of heroes in the stores.
Im so happy there will be plenty of jungle terrain to go around!
The "reacting accordingly" part made me laugh considering the only reaction of any kind Ive seen was...(whats the opposite of accordingly?) when Walmart put the Rtff on clearance and left the hero pack regular price. Not that Im complaining since I got 2 Rttf sets for $10.

~Yub yub, Commander!

I only drink the blood of my enemies, and occasionally a strawberry yoohoo.

Good Trades: R˙chean, Vydar, kboleen, Hahma
Old August 21st, 2007, 06:06 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla GaryLASQ is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Quote:
Originally Posted by damja
Again, hard to read through 28 pages of posts, but I just got back from GenCon. The only thing I have not seen posted yet is that when Ticalla Jungle and Aquilla's Alliance ships, it WILL BE packed at a 2:1 ratio favoring the terrain.

I heard this from Craig himself while talking to him on Saturday. I hope this is new news and makes many of you very happy.
And there was much rejoicing. . .
It's about time. We've been lamenting about the Unique/Common ratio with the large expansions since the .NET days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt

Who the heck took this picture, an what the heck was I doing?!
I have no idea what you were doing. I just happen to be pointing my camera in your direction from half-way across the room (advantages of having 12x optical zoom)
Old August 21st, 2007, 07:04 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryLASQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Quote:
Originally Posted by damja
Again, hard to read through 28 pages of posts, but I just got back from GenCon. The only thing I have not seen posted yet is that when Ticalla Jungle and Aquilla's Alliance ships, it WILL BE packed at a 2:1 ratio favoring the terrain.

I heard this from Craig himself while talking to him on Saturday. I hope this is new news and makes many of you very happy.
And there was much rejoicing. . .
It's about time. We've been lamenting about the Unique/Common ratio with the large expansions since the .NET days.
Basically, he said that they knew anectodally that there were loads of big hero packs clogging up shelf space, but that it took a while to get returns from stores and such so that they could know officially.

Whatever the case may be, I'm just happy that I will be seeing terrain on store shelves. I still have only seen Thalnek Tundra twice on the shelves.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old August 23rd, 2007, 09:54 PM

Lord_Paul is surprisingly tart
YES! More terrain packs than hero packs! Hopefully, Hasbro will realize that people like getting lots of terrain, so won't put figures with the packs. Getting five squads of obsidian guards is kind of boring.

Making the world better, one post at a time.
Old August 23rd, 2007, 10:32 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Paul
YES! More terrain packs than hero packs! Hopefully, Hasbro will realize that people like getting lots of terrain, so won't put figures with the packs. Getting five squads of obsidian guards is kind of boring.
Getting five squads of spiders, on the other hand, will rock harder than granite.
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:59 AM

Lord_Paul is surprisingly tart
True...

Making the world better, one post at a time.
Old August 24th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Welcome to the boards, Lord_Paul!

On behalf of our terrain obsessed and LARP participating community I extend to you a laurel and a hearty handshake.

As a new member, you can begin your journey on the path to the fellowship, praise and respect of your Heroscapers peers by checking out this announcement: http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=6970

~Aldin, going to shcool and learning stuff also, too, as well

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM

Le Balrog has disabled reputation

One can dreamed to have that in France...

Vive Heroscape !
Old September 4th, 2007, 05:29 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Here is a thought on the marro cavalry:

the maces made me think of hitting multiple opponents:

Passing Disengagement:
Whenever a Marro cavalry disengage with an enemy figure, Marro cavalry do not take an engagement strike, but instead may roll one attack die for each enemy that he disengages from if he has not engaged that figure earlyer in the round.

So you charge along the front rank with three of these beast riders, doing potentially 21-24 attacks. IDK, what do you all think of this?

Theophilus.
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:52 PM

STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker STAROCEAN980 knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by theats

Passing Disengagement:
Whenever a Marro cavalry disengage with an enemy figure, Marro cavalry do not take an engagement strike, but instead may roll one attack die for each enemy that he disengages from if he has not engaged that figure earlyer in the round.

So you charge along the front rank with three of these beast riders, doing potentially 21-24 attacks. IDK, what do you all think of this?

Interesting, but it seems a little to powerfull.

My maps:

R.I.P. Ugly-Caco
Old September 4th, 2007, 09:19 PM

theats has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by STAROCEAN980
Quote:
Originally Posted by theats

Passing Disengagement:

Interesting, but it seems a little to powerfull.
its just one attack. what if the defender still rolls, and add in a charging ability similar to the cavalry.

Theophilus.
Old September 5th, 2007, 10:37 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
still way too many attacks benefitting a character that runs away. You're supposed to be punished for disengaging, not having the ability to put the hurt on people. I understand why you wrote the ability, but I agree it is way too powerful. 21-24 attacks in a turn then almost all of the defending figures will die, even if they are allowed to defend. Deathwalker rolls will always run rampant in heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape News