Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old November 15th, 2019, 03:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: mac122's customs: Chops Winner!

Still awesome.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old November 15th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Still awesome.
Thanks, L-O!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 15th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congrats!
Old February 20th, 2020, 03:36 PM

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Chops Dessert Entry
Tied for (distant) 4th Place

Bio: Across the mountains, through the ice and snow, a treasure awaited. And what dwarf can resist treasure? Especially treasure that might win freedom for their brethren. But, treasure is rarely left unguarded. Finding their way to the cave, the searching band was met by powerful magick, greedy magick. A magick that did not wish to share its hoard. Jandar plucked them away before they could be frozen for all eternity, but not before the magick had altered the dwarves forever...

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the War Drums set. Its model name and number are #48 Frost Dwarf.

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons promo figure. Its model name and number are #DDC35 Frost Dwarf.

Sadly couldn't follow up the win in round 2, but a deserving design won (though I personally couldn't get past the figure ). Thank you to all who did vote for the Frost Dwarf!

Going to rework Snow Drift 15 to better represent what the power is supposed to be - the opponent's figure being covered in snow, slowing it down. Probably will drop the removing snow markers when receiving wounds.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old February 20th, 2020, 03:57 PM

Re: mac122's customs: Remodeling my thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
I just saw you rectangular army cards from 2017, they look really nice.
I also tried myself to make some a few years before... but I did not came with a fully optimized solution to fit power sets like Kursus or Deathcommander Mark 3 ones. :s
How do you feel about yours, now ?
This falls under the theme of "better late than never"

Not terrible. Looks like I could reduce the size of the name and traits block and cut back the image space a little to make the abilities space larger.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old February 21st, 2020, 05:30 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Yup, better late than never, indeed !

Not that bad... feels readable at least. You have an advantage as your cards are larger than classical cards.

Another solution is by reducing the width of the LMRADpoints zone. For instance just get rid of the background to keep just the blood drop and the green/grey/red/blue rectangles , as I made on my tests (here).

Really not an easy thing to find a good layout for card-sized army cards..! Thanks for your sharing.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old February 21st, 2020, 05:37 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post

Chops Dessert Entry
Tied for (distant) 4th Place

Bio: Across the mountains, through the ice and snow, a treasure awaited. And what dwarf can resist treasure? Especially treasure that might win freedom for their brethren. But, treasure is rarely left unguarded. Finding their way to the cave, the searching band was met by powerful magick, greedy magick. A magick that did not wish to share its hoard. Jandar plucked them away before they could be frozen for all eternity, but not before the magick had altered the dwarves forever...

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons figure from the War Drums set. Its model name and number are #48 Frost Dwarf.

The figure used for this unit is a Dungeons and Dragons promo figure. Its model name and number are #DDC35 Frost Dwarf.

Sadly couldn't follow up the win in round 2, but a deserving design won (though I personally couldn't get past the figure ). Thank you to all who did vote for the Frost Dwarf!

Going to rework Snow Drift 15 to better represent what the power is supposed to be - the opponent's figure being covered in snow, slowing it down. Probably will drop the removing snow markers when receiving wounds.
I liked this one, the only thing that kept me from voting for it was feeling that, hitting a move penalty for such a short time when already in close quarters wasn't actually going to have much impact. Seemed more as though it was cool in theory than that it'd do much in practice, sadly.
Love the mini, though, would be nice to have a solid card for it!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 21st, 2020, 01:20 PM

Here are my thoughts on changing Snow Drift. Maybe Snow Freeze better conveys the intent of the power? The dwarf is blasting a figure with snow, freezing them and slowing them down. If a figure is hit enough times, they are immobilized.
Quote:
SNOW FREEZE 15
Before taking a turn with this Frost Dwarf, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. Add 3 to your roll if this Frost Dwarf is on a Snow or Ice space. If you roll 15 or higher, and the chosen figure is a squad figure or Common Hero, destroy it. For any other figure, place a white Snow Marker on its Army Card. For each Snow Marker on a figure's card, reduce its move number by 1. Figures with the LavaResistant special power are not affected by Snow Freeze 15.
When I get a chance, I'll actually try out an army with a few of these.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Old February 21st, 2020, 01:23 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Here are my thoughts on changing Snow Drift. Maybe Snow Freeze better conveys the intent of the power? The dwarf is blasting a figure with snow, freezing them and slowing them down. If a figure is hit enough times, they are immobilized.
Quote:
SNOW FREEZE 15
Before taking a turn with this Frost Dwarf, you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces and roll the 20-sided die. Add 3 to your roll if this Frost Dwarf is on a Snow or Ice space. If you roll 15 or higher, and the chosen figure is a squad figure or Common Hero, destroy it. For any other figure, place a white Snow Marker on its Army Card. For each Snow Marker on a figure's card, reduce its move number by 1. Figures with the LavaResistant special power are not affected by Snow Freeze 15.
It's a much more interesting power now the snow markers persist. It can really cause problems for your opponent in the long run. I like the idea.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old February 21st, 2020, 01:45 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Other idea (would be in my custom if I made) is to spit out double-hex snow tiles and enforce Heavy Snow if not in play in scenario. Two of each of these tiles came with each wave 5-7 & 10 packs - I have about 30 of them and need a use for them!
Quote:
Snow Drift
Each Frost Dwarf starts each game with up to [2/3/4] double-hex snow tiles on his Army Card. If this Frost Dwarf ends his turn on two even empty land spaces, you may place a double-hex snow tile from his Army Card onto the space he occupies if the tile fits normally onto that space. If Heavy Snow is not in the map scenario, all Snow spaces within [6] spaces of a Frost Dwarf count as Heavy Snow.
Numbers in [brackets] can be adjusted. This not only has advantage of slowing opponent's down, but also adds synergy with other Snow and Ice based units, and can add height to the Frost Giant to help in attacking.
Old February 21st, 2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Quote:
SNOW FREEZE 15
It's a much more interesting power now the snow markers persist. It can really cause problems for your opponent in the long run. I like the idea.
For the contest, I erred on the side of not overpowering the Frost Dwarf and ended up making the power not very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Other idea (would be in my custom if I made) is to spit out double-hex snow tiles and enforce Heavy Snow if not in play in scenario. Two of each of these tiles came with each wave 5-7 & 10 packs - I have about 30 of them and need a use for them!
Quote:
Snow Drift
Each Frost Dwarf starts each game with up to [2/3/4] double-hex snow tiles on his Army Card. If this Frost Dwarf ends his turn on two even empty land spaces, you may place a double-hex snow tile from his Army Card onto the space he occupies if the tile fits normally onto that space. If Heavy Snow is not in the map scenario, all Snow spaces within [6] spaces of a Frost Dwarf count as Heavy Snow.
Numbers in [brackets] can be adjusted. This not only has advantage of slowing opponent's down, but also adds synergy with other Snow and Ice based units, and can add height to the Frost Giant to help in attacking.
That is an interesting idea. Kinda like Mika Connour's Blend Into Shadow power.

Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards